It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
pittmike wrote:
One Post wrote:
Meyer shielded a domestic abuser, lied about his knowledge of domestic abuse, violated federal law, and likely lied to and misled his bosses. His punishment is essentially nothing.

Federal Law?

I figured he was referring to some Title IX violation. Again, what are the responsibilities of a football program to police private matters of its employees that happen off campus?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Quote:
Meyer has made conflicting statements regarding the situation, leaving it unclear when and what he knew about Courtney Smith's domestic violence allegations against Zach Smith in 2015. According to his coach’s contract and Ohio State’s Sexual Misconduct policy, however, Meyer is required to report all allegations of sexual misconduct occurring within the university community – making the document’s policy on sexual misconduct among the strictest in the Big Ten, according to a USA TODAY Network examination of the contracts.

Generally, Big Ten coach’s contracts include language binding them to all university rules, indirectly subjecting them to the university sexual misconduct policies which are outlined in separate documents. However, Meyer’s contract, along with Illinois coach Lovie Smith and Maryland coach D.J. Durkin’s contracts, for example, specify coaches must report allegations of sexual misconduct in addition to simply mentioning that they are subject to all university policies.

Coaches are typically instructed by these documents to direct their reports to their university’s Title IX office since Title IX laws consider sexual misconduct a form of “sex- and gender-based discrimination.” Failure to abide by these rules warrants varying disciplinary action among the schools.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:
One Post wrote:
Meyer shielded a domestic abuser, lied about his knowledge of domestic abuse, violated federal law, and likely lied to and misled his bosses. His punishment is essentially nothing.

Federal Law?

I figured he was referring to some Title IX violation. Again, what are the responsibilities of a football program to police private matters of its employees that happen off campus?

That is not why title 9 came about.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
If I am wrong, let me know in what I put, because there has been so many things to this story, I guess I look at it, from what read and heard on tv, the guy's wife wasn't all there, like she would try to get him in trouble for stuff, even saying he was abusing her when he wasn't there, now Zach Smith doesn't sound all there either with all the stories about him.

I don't know what to make of the Texas coach Herman, how much involvement he had in all of this, so I just wonder if we still know all the facts on this story.

I didn't think Urban should be fired, I thought they would fire him, because I think a lot of these guys really just want to focus on there players and winning games.

How would you like to be an Ohio State fan when you go to a road game, that's when it will get rough.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:03 am 

pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:
One Post wrote:

Federal Law?

That is not why title 9 came about.

Good to know you were on The Nixon staff that drafted title IX.

More likely you are closer the “The hawk” than you want to be.

Those actuarial tables are coming for you shit head.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
What the hell are you talking about.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:19 am 

Wow. I wake up to PittMike still on the ropes. Surprised the ref hasn't ruled this a TKO by now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
This guy has one of the worst cocaine nostrils I have ever seen. I thought Jayson Stark was bad, but then I saw Urban's right nostril on this espn interview. Goddamn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Seriously, look at this guy's right nostril. He's been blowing 8-balls daily since this controversy started.

ESPN trying to do zoom outs, and back of the head shots so you don't notice.