It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:26 pm 

Per Feldman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Assistant coach had domestic violence allegations from 2015.

And earlier....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:36 pm 

Looks like we'll soon have our hands back on that Illibuck!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Just wait until OSU discovers what crimes Greg Schiano knew and kept quiet about

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Local sports talker is ripping Meyer to pieces right now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:44 pm 

RFDC wrote:
I know that Illini football is on the rise, but Good Lord, this throws the gate wide open. Godspeed, boys (by which I mean the Illini).

Took a lot for you to say this, buddy. Hey--I appreciate it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:25 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Bernsie and Connor been on this. Not sure why. I think they like coaching legends to fall.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:28 pm 

I have always thought Meyer to be as slimy as they come, but this is an odd basis for his public shaming with the known facts to this point.

But it's hilarious and perhaps telling that his own wife has gotten the bus treatment.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Surprised he didn't have another Health scare before this news came out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:35 pm 

Probably a game or two suspension. He wont get fired for this.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:37 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Probably a game or two suspension. He wont get fired for this.

No chance in hell since he owns Michigan.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Meyer has been one of the biggest sacks of shit in collegiate coaching history. His holier than thou act is disgusting. "Here...look at my golden statue, Tim Tebow, while I assemble one of the worst rosters of human beings possible" "Don't worry about Hernandez's gang ties and him and the Pouncy's doing god knows what to god knows who while they are here" "Those boys study the scriptures with me every night.....sometimes twice a night." "Chicago Bears, Ray McDonald is a great human being and football player. You should be honored to have the opportunity to put your jersey on him. He will have man of the year character for the rest of his life. God told me when I spoke with him last night"

Fuck Urban. If you are going to be a scumbag ball coach then just own it. Take your holier than though act and shove it up your ass.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:36 pm 

:lol: :lol: How do you REALLY feel?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:43 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
What college coaching super legends don’t have issues?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

His ass is gone.

Ohio State is just figuring out how they don't have to pay his ass. That's why they did the paid administrative leave bullshit. They gotta figure how they can make this a "Firing for cause". Which it is. The Ohio State lawyers are on it. Cuz I think he's owed 40+ million on his remaining contract.

This opens the door for Jim Harbaugh and Michigan. Ohio State will be knocked down for at least 2 or 3 years. Harbaugh can win his national title in that time and then get his ass back to the NFL.

Doc: What about Illinois? Does this help them?

Beardown: Nope. Nothing can help them.

Doc: :(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: John's

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:57 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Harbaugh can win his national title in that time and then get his ass back to the NFL.

Harbaugh ain't winning jack the way he's been coaching

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:58 pm 

tommy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I know that Illini football is on the rise, but Good Lord, this throws the gate wide open. Godspeed, boys (by which I mean the Illini).

Took a lot for you to say this, buddy. Hey--I appreciate it.

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Coaches need to be out of the discipline business. They are under so much pressure to win. It's also a problem of we do not know the facts. What if the wife said please don't fire him we are working it out? That's a tough position to be in for a guy who just wants to win football games. He does not have the sophistication or expertise to be in charge of that. He has to manage 80 scholarship players, recruit, game plan, do endless fundraisers and manage a staff on football related items. Now he also has to be in charge of the personal life of his coaches? I am not saying Meyer isn't trashy, but this is an insane amount of shit to be in charge of. And clearly no one can handle it properly.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Coaches need to be out of the discipline business. They are under so much pressure to win. It's also a problem of we do not know the facts. What if the wife said please don't fire him we are working it out? That's a tough position to be in for a guy who just wants to win football games. He does not have the sophistication or expertise to be in charge of that. He has to manage 80 scholarship players, recruit, game plan, do endless fundraisers and manage a staff on football related items. Now he also has to be in charge of the personal life of his coaches? I am not saying Meyer isn't trashy, but this is an insane amount of shit to be in charge of. And clearly no one can handle it properly.

Based on reports, hiis wife is a bitch as well. She knew of the domestic violence and helped to cover it up and save the guy. And she works for Ohio State as a nurse or something like that. So her ass should be fired as well. Not that she needs to be fired. Once he's fired she leaves with him anyway.

Then he goes to a lower school to coach to build back his reputation and she's a nurse there.

Gotta love college sports.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:17 pm 

The coach should have self reported this to him and the AD. When he failed to do so then Urban should have reported this to the AD. They would have taken it from there. If he has time to call the bears to vouch for Ray McDonald, he has time to drop the AD a line on this. They would have put the coach on leave and done an investigation or waited for the process to complete itself or whatever it is they do. The guy wasnt charged it appears so they would have been able to let him return to coaching or fired him based on this in addition to the previous incident at Florida.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

McNeil and Parkins were talking to some girl reporter who had an interview with the beaten wife. I forgot the website. Couldn't find it when I googled it.

Anybody know where it is?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:26 pm 

Urban is all about the "supporting the victims of domestic violence" in these parts. Oops.

He opened a HUGE can of worms at the BIG10 media day when he was asked about the 2015 incident(s), and said "last night was the first I heard about it" :roll: . Didn't take long for a reporter to dig up all the smoking guns after that.

Meyer is fucking toast.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:30 pm 

Beardown wrote:
McNeil and Parkins were talking to some girl reporter who had an interview with the beaten wife. I forgot the website. Couldn't find it when I googled it.

Anybody know where it is?

https://youtu.be/Q3qX5NpgGDA

Don't even bother reading the comments...sheesh :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

Minooka Meatball wrote:
Urban is all about the "supporting the victims of domestic violence" in these parts. Oops.

He opened a HUGE can of worms at the BIG10 media day when he was asked about the 2015 incident(s), and said "last night was the first I heard about it" :roll: . Didn't take long for a reporter to dig up all the smoking guns after that.

Meyer is fucking toast.

Oh yeah. He's absolutely gone.

And it just shows the arrogance and egos of these big time coaches. They think they can lie without being caught. They think they're untouchable.

At the end of the day, they talk about morals and doing the right thing. They say they're teachers to young men. :roll: When all these guys are faced with moments of doing the right thing, they don't. They just think about saving their asses and helping their friends. They're all ass holes. They're all about fame and power. That's it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table

You forgot - what if the wife deserved it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

You forgot - what if the wife deserved it?

Husband feared for his life.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm just guessing here, obviously.

But I'm convinced Urban Meyer's wife has been abused by Urban for years. That's why she tried to convince this girl to put up with it. For whatever reasons. Nobody knows. Maybe to keep the image, fame and money. Urban's wife has been mentally controlled by this son of a bitch for years. That's why he brought her into this. He told her to convince the other girl to do what she had done. Put up with it. For the greater good.

COLLEGE SPORTS. WOO HOO.

Gotta love it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:03 pm 

I mean he did have her light herself on fire with a birthday cake before a big bowl game or the big 10 championship game in order to create distraction story from one of the players getting arrested.