It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Beardown wrote:
McNeil and Parkins were talking to some girl reporter who had an interview with the beaten wife. I forgot the website. Couldn't find it when I googled it.

Anybody know where it is?

https://youtu.be/Q3qX5NpgGDA

Don't even bother reading the comments...sheesh :roll:

I second this advice.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

tommy wrote:
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Beardown wrote:
McNeil and Parkins were talking to some girl reporter who had an interview with the beaten wife. I forgot the website. Couldn't find it when I googled it.

Anybody know where it is?

https://youtu.be/Q3qX5NpgGDA

Don't even bother reading the comments...sheesh :roll:

I second this advice.

Those are all Ohio State fan boys in that comment section. Doesn't surprise me.

Anyway, good for her. She got rid of her scum bag husband. He'll never coach in college football again.

And she brought down the great Urban Meyer. He'll never coach again. He'll never be a king again.

What have we learned? Nothing. College coaches are all ass holes. We've known that for years. Some worse then others but they're all scum bags. And the more wins they get, the more scumbagish they get.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
No one is shocked by this as a complete lack of character is part of the job description at OSU

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:18 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
No one is shocked by this as a complete lack of character is part of the job description at OSU

That is what I was getting at in terms of all the legend coaches.

Whoever said the coaches should not be involved in these cases is right. They have to report to the police when they learn something and get out of the way.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:12 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Coaches need to be out of the discipline business. They are under so much pressure to win. It's also a problem of we do not know the facts. What if the wife said please don't fire him we are working it out? That's a tough position to be in for a guy who just wants to win football games. He does not have the sophistication or expertise to be in charge of that. He has to manage 80 scholarship players, recruit, game plan, do endless fundraisers and manage a staff on football related items. Now he also has to be in charge of the personal life of his coaches? I am not saying Meyer isn't trashy, but this is an insane amount of shit to be in charge of. And clearly no one can handle it properly.

I agree with you in and that coaches being in the discipline business, seems like they say we have to follow the proper channels before they do something.

How soon do we hear from Tebow, since that was his college coach?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:05 am 

The more I finally get to read about this the more confusing it is. I do not give a rat's ass or Ohio State in any way, shape or form. If I had any allegiance to any team in the Big 10 other than Illinois it would likely be Michigan.

So we have Meyer lying to the press at the conference that he learned of the 2015 matter the night before. The victim says that is a lie and talked to his wife. Then assumed the wife told Meyer about it. Good assumption but I am going to go out on a limb and the lawyers will have it all locked up that she did not do that.

As far as the violence it seems very clear this assistant coach is very troubled and is a violent jealous/stalker/abuser guy. The case was documented in Florida and then the 2015 in Columbus. Then they divorced and they picked him up a few more times as an ex husband stalker/threatening person. I think that is right?

So Meyer probably knew something was bad about this guy but somehow in all of this the cops in two different states never got him locked up or at the very least publicly outed as this monster?

Something doesn't add up. No matter what Meyer's status is I do not buy these days that a college coach abuses at the levels I see from 2009-present in two states and does not get onto someone's radar besides Meyer. Meyer is fucked for not saying anything not actively hiding this with payoffs etc right?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
The sad part is the wife and young family get the short end of the stick if the father loses his high paying position. What becomes of them with no lack of support? This might be why Meyer looked the other way but it's all a riddle right now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:21 am 

jimmypasta wrote:
The sad part is the wife and young family get the short end of the stick if the father loses his high paying position. What becomes of them with no lack of support? This might be why Meyer looked the other way but it's all a riddle right now.

I can see that Jimmy. Good old Urban worrying like that. My cynical side like everyone else though says he was worried about winning or that it was Earle Bruce's grandson.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:19 am 

count me in the "urban meyer is a scumbag" crowd. the guy is a grade-a slimeball, and lies with the best of the college coaches.

i still remember back in 2010-2011, his lying about a "health scare" (that only kept him out one day), and his bullshit "family" thing. meanwhile, later that year he accepts a job at Ohio St., which is a thousand miles from his kids' colleges. denies that he's going there, even his idiot daughter denies it ("please stp texting me about my dad! he's NOT GOING TO OHIO ST."). then over thanksgiving weekend, where he said he was just spending time with his family, he accepts the offer.

there is no reason to believe him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:44 am 

the next coach of Notre Dame

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:00 am 

pittmike wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Whoever said the coaches should not be involved in these cases is right. They have to report to the police when they learn something and get out of the way.

The legend coaches were all renowned disciplinarians though. Just look at guys like Woody or Bo. If you fucked up just a little bit off of the field, you would have to face their wrath. My dad played for Bill Mallory at NIU and he had some great stories of how he would keep his players in line. He made his players fear getting in trouble because they would have to face him the morning after. That's what a college coach should be, not someone who sweeps everything under the rug.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:02 am 

When it came to recruiting, Urban Meyer was always a great judge of character

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:59 pm 

Great little drunk move buried in this article....

A report from December 2017 said that Zach Smith was served with a trespass warning after showing up at his ex-wife’s house drunk at 1:30 a.m.. The report stated that Courtney Smith was asleep, but Zach Smith was seen by a neighbor, and he appeared drunk, was banging on windows, and threw a Christmas wreath on the door to the ground.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Zach Smith was seen by a neighbor, and he appeared drunk, was banging on windows, and threw a Christmas wreath on the door to the ground.

Zach Smith wrote:
The Christmas wreath deserved it

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:23 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

The legend coaches were all renowned disciplinarians though. Just look at guys like Woody or Bo. If you fucked up just a little bit off of the field, you would have to face their wrath. My dad played for Bill Mallory at NIU and he had some great stories of how he would keep his players in line. He made his players fear getting in trouble because they would have to face him the morning after. That's what a college coach should be, not someone who sweeps everything under the rug.

but they also swept a lot under the rug as well

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
for me its easy. if he knew, he should be fired. if he didn't know, he should of known, therefore should be fired.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: maciano's
I’m curious if this applies to all jobs and all managers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
A dick since Utah....and the arrests of his Florida player....but Boers loved him (so the Boers ALS won't say shit )

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: J.B. Alberto's
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
A dick since Utah....and the arrests of his Florida player....but Boers loved him (so the Boers ALS won't say shit )

https://twitter.com/RealTerryBoers/status/1024828265444335618
Terry Boers wrote:
How fast do you have to be to outrun the truth? Looks like Urban Meyer will find out. Meyer’s story of not knowing about fired OSU assistant Zach Smith’s second domestic violence charge rings hollow, especially because Meyer’s wife says she knew. Oops.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
MajorKong wrote:
Walt Williams Neck wrote:

https://twitter.com/RealTerryBoers/status/1024828265444335618
Terry Boers wrote:
How fast do you have to be to outrun the truth? Looks like Urban Meyer will find out. Meyer’s story of not knowing about fired OSU assistant Zach Smith’s second domestic violence charge rings hollow, especially because Meyer’s wife says she knew. Oops.

that's what he says today...but find his ramblings 5-6 years ago

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:21 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
just looking at a few of boers tweets on the first page of his twitter page. he's not good at twitter.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
hnd wrote:
just looking at a few of boers tweets on the first page of his twitter page. he's not good at twitter.

He posts his thoughts and doesn't really respond to others.

He's better at Twitter than 95% of the users.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Dan is really struggling with that OSU rally. I wonder if his outrage is just radio or if he really gets this worked up over Big Ten sports and the bad behavior of college coaches.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:05 pm 

If I'm an honest Dallas Cowboys fan, I'm really wondering about the next shoe to drop on Zeke after watching his idiot father's tirade at the rally of weirdos yesterday.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:03 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Dan is really struggling with that OSU rally. I wonder if his outrage is just radio or if he really gets this worked up over Big Ten sports and the bad behavior of college coaches.

I think he really hates the "emperor" coaches and the way they skirt rules etc.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:03 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
If I'm an honest Dallas Cowboys fan, I'm really wondering about the next shoe to drop on Zeke after watching his idiot father's tirade at the rally of weirdos yesterday.

??

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:11 pm 

pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:

These guys aren't angels. That's not a shock to anyone. It's just an ignorance is bliss mentality. If you put all these big time programs under a microscope, no one would like what they find.

So this non-stop outrage that a successful coach would bury stuff is disingenuous. If we're going to fire every coach and player that has engaged in questionable (not always illegal) activity, then you aren't going to have a lot of football, collegiate or professional. For every misdeed we know, there are probably dozens that are unknown.

-Drug use
-Recruiting violations
-Sexual crimes against women
-Fighting including domestic violence

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:14 pm 

denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:
denisdman wrote:

These guys aren't angels. That's not a shock to anyone. It's just an ignorance is bliss mentality. If you put all these big time programs under a microscope, no one would like what they find.

So this non-stop outrage that a successful coach would bury stuff is disingenuous. If we're going to fire every coach and player that has engaged in questionable (not always illegal) activity, then you aren't going to have a lot of football, collegiate or professional. For every misdeed we know, there are probably dozens that are unknown.

-Drug use
-Recruiting violations
-Sexual crimes against women
-Fighting including domestic violence

Exactly. It is just that digging for domestic violence is the flavor of the day.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:17 pm 

Parkins bringing the logic about the rally....very very low percent of fans turned up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:18 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Parkins bringing the logic about the rally....very very low percent of fans turned up.

Yeah no students on campus. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next