It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:10 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
If I'm an honest Dallas Cowboys fan, I'm really wondering about the next shoe to drop on Zeke after watching his idiot father's tirade at the rally of weirdos yesterday.

??

You really have to see Stacy Elliott 's tirade, consider that he drove there all the way from Missouri (?), then he got extra Jesus-y in an odd way.

Then consider how (why?) Zeke has been having so many issues of maturity.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:20 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Regular Reader wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
If I'm an honest Dallas Cowboys fan, I'm really wondering about the next shoe to drop on Zeke after watching his idiot father's tirade at the rally of weirdos yesterday.

??

You really have to see Stacy Elliott 's tirade, consider that he drove there all the way from Missouri (?), then he got extra Jesus-y in an odd way.

Then consider how (why?) Zeke has been having so many issues of maturity.

Ok I’ll look at it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Beardown wrote:
I'm just guessing here, obviously.

But I'm convinced Urban Meyer's wife has been abused by Urban for years. That's why she tried to convince this girl to put up with it. For whatever reasons. Nobody knows. Maybe to keep the image, fame and money. Urban's wife has been mentally controlled by this son of a bitch for years. That's why he brought her into this. He told her to convince the other girl to do what she had done. Put up with it. For the greater good.

COLLEGE SPORTS. WOO HOO.

Gotta love it.

I don't know, looks like she can take care of herself.

It was not that long ago that this former AD cobbled together $850K from a bunch of boosters to pay off a grad student. Why would a grad student get an $850K payout? Well, perhaps it had something to do with the affair she was having with the head coach of the team. A married head coach. A married A+ list head coach. When the wife of the coach discovered this, she went and had an affair of her own with a personal trainer before going all Angela Bassett minus the flames. She did throw all of the clothes of the coach on the front lawn. He tried to cover all of it up by faking a near death illness before writing a big check to his wife to stay married to him and quit his job for a fresh start which doesn't seem to be working out all that well for them. Apparently it is a good thing there are no drug tests for coaches too. At least back then, it would have been an issue.
AD: Jeremy Foley
Head coach: Urban Meyer
Previous team: "Florida Gators" (heart attack)
Current team: Ohio State "Buckeyes"

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
We may get some news on this soon, just seen on ESPN, there supposed to have their report done on SUnday and show the Board of Trustees next week.

Since the Big 10, likes to see who can be bad, a little suprised hasn't happened already with the stuff coming out, sounds like Maryland will have to fire Durkin at some point or does he survive this.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:47 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Supposed to have something by the end of today.

I predict - "Coach Meyer could have done more to follow-up on the allegations in question but given the information that was available we feel that he acted properly. While we are disappointed that more was not done, we feel Coach Meyer still represents THE Ohio State University as a model of good moral character and immediately reinstate him as the Head Coach of the football program. Now, can we all forget about this?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:07 am 

pizza_Place: What??
DannyB wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I'm just guessing here, obviously.

But I'm convinced Urban Meyer's wife has been abused by Urban for years. That's why she tried to convince this girl to put up with it. For whatever reasons. Nobody knows. Maybe to keep the image, fame and money. Urban's wife has been mentally controlled by this son of a bitch for years. That's why he brought her into this. He told her to convince the other girl to do what she had done. Put up with it. For the greater good.

COLLEGE SPORTS. WOO HOO.

Gotta love it.

I don't know, looks like she can take care of herself.

It was not that long ago that this former AD cobbled together $850K from a bunch of boosters to pay off a grad student. Why would a grad student get an $850K payout? Well, perhaps it had something to do with the affair she was having with the head coach of the team. A married head coach. A married A+ list head coach. When the wife of the coach discovered this, she went and had an affair of her own with a personal trainer before going all Angela Bassett minus the flames. She did throw all of the clothes of the coach on the front lawn. He tried to cover all of it up by faking a near death illness before writing a big check to his wife to stay married to him and quit his job for a fresh start which doesn't seem to be working out all that well for them. Apparently it is a good thing there are no drug tests for coaches too. At least back then, it would have been an issue.
AD: Jeremy Foley
Head coach: Urban Meyer
Previous team: "Florida Gators" (heart attack)
Current team: Ohio State "Buckeyes"

Funny thing is, that's not the craziest shit that went down at Florida while Meyer was there. Does Aaron Hernandez ring a bell? Meyer covered up his steroid use, his drug use, his violent acts while a student there. He actually killed 2 people while a student at Florida. Of course, that particular incident didn't come out until years later. Point is, Meyer is an enabler narcissist and all around bad guy. Why he is around impressionable teenagers? It should be a slam dunk that he goes away.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
Nardi wrote:
Why he is around impressionable teenagers?

Meyer vs. Michigan 6-0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:09 pm 

Psycory wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Meyer vs. Michigan 6-0

Means next to nothing considering he's a piece of shit. But whatever. Plenty can pretend whatever they want to pretend.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:12 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Psycory wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Meyer vs. Michigan 6-0

Means next to nothing considering he's a piece of shit. But whatever. Plenty can pretend whatever they want to pretend.

Only thing that matters in college football is winning.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:19 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Psycory wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Meyer vs. Michigan 6-0

Whatever floats college football's pretend boat.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:19 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Psycory wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Meyer vs. Michigan 6-0

That is 100 percent true, I think Brent Musberger made a point like that in the 30 for 30 doc on SMU and there issues at the end of it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:31 am 

conns7901 wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Psycory wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Meyer vs. Michigan 6-0

Some people want to live under the pretense it is otherwise.

There is absolutely no hypocrisy in having a great academic school that also has a football team employing horrible people (including the players). They are easily compartmentalized.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
yeah i think they just took 2 weeks to dot eyes and cross t's.

if meyer did report it, he'll get a slap on the wrist by the university for not firing this bozo a long time ago. If he didn't he's gone.

all this stuff about buying dildos and photographing his junk just speaks to the character of this moron which can reflect badly on Meyer for keeping him around, but shouldn't be added to a firing cause.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:44 am 

hnd wrote:
if meyer did report it, he'll get a slap on the wrist by the university for not firing this bozo a long time ago. If he didn't he's gone.
If Meyer reported it, he'll get a slap on the wrist. If Meyer didn't report it, they will say he did and he'll get a slap on the wrist.

In reality though, he should not get fired for an assistant coach having a marriage as tragic as this one just like we aren't firing CEO's for the actions of their employees.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:54 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
hnd wrote:
If Meyer reported it, he'll get a slap on the wrist. If Meyer didn't report it, they will say he did and he'll get a slap on the wrist.

In reality though, he should not get fired for an assistant coach having a marriage as tragic as this one just like we aren't firing CEO's for the actions of their employees.

It is a coin flip though. Very customary to demand justice from CEOs, Coaches, Hollywood big shots etc.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:58 am 

pittmike wrote:
It is a coin flip though. Very customary to demand justice from CEOs, Coaches, Hollywood big shots etc.
For things they have done it is. It doesn't happen much for just employing someone else who did. Mark Cuban seemed to be a big test for that.

Now, Urban has a somewhat interesting marriage himself it seems but not at the fireable stage either.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:04 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
hnd wrote:

i think anyone can see how this is different than a CEO environment for just a normal schmoe company. we are talking about a very public organization. if a CEO was being covered regularly by the media, you know damn well this stuff can affect his position in the organization. we are also talking about an organization under fire for another sex abuse scandal with wrestlers. so i think they have to tread carefully here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:11 am 

hnd wrote:
i think anyone can see how this is different than a CEO environment for just a normal schmoe company. we are talking about a very public organization. if a CEO was being covered regularly by the media, you know damn well this stuff can affect his position in the organization. we are also talking about an organization under fire for another sex abuse scandal with wrestlers. so i think they have to tread carefully here.

What did he do though? He kept an employee who had a clearly strained relationship with many witnesses backing up that both people were involved. There wasn't a major legal issue even though police had been involved. Are all coaches expected to fire any coach who is having marital problems that have involved police?

I'd say that he should have done things differently but we can't start firing people for what their employees do.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:16 am 

it happens all the time in college football. the precedent is there. i'm not about to just whitewash abuse as standard ole marital problems. this thing has reared its head a few times, and apparently this coach outside of that is problematic. universities see college coaches as basically the top dog and if you can't control your house, sometimes you are gone. they fired tressell for less.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:25 am 

hnd wrote:
it happens all the time in college football. the precedent is there. i'm not about to just whitewash abuse as standard ole marital problems. this thing has reared its head a few times, and apparently this coach outside of that is problematic. universities see college coaches as basically the top dog and if you can't control your house, sometimes you are gone. they fired tressell for less.
Where does it happen?

We are talking about employees and not "student athletes". Tressel got fired for NCAA violations. While these actions are worse they aren't NCAA violations.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:31 am 

this whole thing came to being because he allegedly didn't report what he was supposed to be reported which i believe title 9 crap is sanctioned by the NCAA.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:33 am 

So he will claim to have reported it. Maybe suspend him for two games and then go beat Michigan again.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:32 am 

hnd wrote:
this whole thing came to being because he allegedly didn't report what he was supposed to be reported which i believe title 9 crap is sanctioned by the NCAA.

When you look at the text of the important part of Title IX it seems pretty strange how hard they stretch it.

No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
3 game suspension for Meyer. AD suspended 17 days.

Presser imminent.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Cocksucker skates again.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:11 pm 

So, lead investigator basically said Meyer lied about everything, but apparently that was not enough to get him fired. Whatever...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:17 pm 

Smith: “I’m sorry...Buckeye Nation...university’s standards...blah blah blah...”

Meyer: “I’m sorry...Buckeye Nation...Earl Bruce...university’s standards...blah blah blah...”

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:34 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Psycory wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Meyer vs. Michigan 6-0

Some people want to live under the pretense it is otherwise.

There is absolutely no hypocrisy in having a great academic school that also has a football team employing horrible people (including the players). They are easily compartmentalized.

A college should academically educate its students, provide a safe environment, and engender a culture that demonstrates to young adults how to behave in, and contribute to society.

Having a winning football team accomplishes none of the above.

Meyer shielded a domestic abuser, lied about his knowledge of domestic abuse, violated federal law, and likely lied to and misled his bosses. His punishment is essentially nothing.

Maryland essentially murdered a student, a student it was charged with protecting physically.

When is this shit going to stop at the expense of making a trip to the shitbag bowl in Tulsa on Dec 19th?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:04 pm 

I think the only way it will ever stop is when the money stops coming in, I don't see that happening anytime soon, because people like it when there team wins.

I even seen this headline today, Ohio State recruits are glad Meyer is staying.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:36 pm 

One Post wrote:
Meyer shielded a domestic abuser, lied about his knowledge of domestic abuse, violated federal law, and likely lied to and misled his bosses. His punishment is essentially nothing.

Federal Law?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next