It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: We Are DePaul!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: What??
shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
shakes wrote:
Big10 is the best conference in the country this year, not even debatable. They're gonna get 10 teams in the tournament.
Come on Shakes, more likely 7. Northwestern, Nebraska, Purdue and Minnesota are not getting in and Penn State will drop off as the conference games take their toll. Hell even Michigan and OSU are getting pounded in conference games.

:lol: :lol: not even close. As of 3 days ago Joe Lunardi posted his updated bracketology. he has 12 Big10 teams making the tournament.

Big10 is the best conference by far and will be rewarded. As of today they have 10 teams ranked in the Net rankings top 41.

And according to the rankings, they will have 1 team in the sweet sixteen. Big 12 will have 3. Big East will have 2.

I guess they should cancel the tournament since we already know who the S16 is.

If you've watched this crazy season you'd know that pretty much any team in the top 40 can beat any other team. I wouldn't put any stock in predictions beyond who is making the tournament. And there's no doubt the Big10 will get the most teams by far. IN fact, they might even double the second best conference in terms of total bids.

Don't be disingenuous. Like I said, I'm not a big follower of college basketball. I'm going by what's in front of me. And the top Big Ten team is 15th in the polls. I've watched a selected few games of every conference and the Big Ten doesn't impress me. Obviously, come March, I could be proven completely wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
shakes wrote:
Big10 is the best conference in the country this year, not even debatable. They're gonna get 10 teams in the tournament.
Come on Shakes, more likely 7. Northwestern, Nebraska, Purdue and Minnesota are not getting in and Penn State will drop off as the conference games take their toll. Hell even Michigan and OSU are getting pounded in conference games.

:lol: :lol: not even close. As of 3 days ago Joe Lunardi posted his updated bracketology. he has 12 Big10 teams making the tournament.

Big10 is the best conference by far and will be rewarded. As of today they have 10 teams ranked in the Net rankings top 41.

And according to the rankings, they will have 1 team in the sweet sixteen. Big 12 will have 3. Big East will have 2.

I guess they should cancel the tournament since we already know who the S16 is.

If you've watched this crazy season you'd know that pretty much any team in the top 40 can beat any other team. I wouldn't put any stock in predictions beyond who is making the tournament. And there's no doubt the Big10 will get the most teams by far. IN fact, they might even double the second best conference in terms of total bids.

Don't be disingenuous. Like I said, I'm not a big follower of college basketball. I'm going by what's in front of me. And the top Big Ten team is 15th in the polls. I've watched a selected few games of every conference and the Big Ten doesn't impress me. Obviously, come March, I could be proven completely wrong.

The reason they're picking up more losses than some other teams is because of how tough the conference is. Everyone is eating each other. No one can win on the road in that conference. I think the team with the most road wins in the Big10 is DePaul (2-0). Other top teams don't have to deal with that since their conferences are down. Aside from Northwestern, there isn't an easy out in the entire league. Even winning at Nebraska is tough. BigEast is deep as well, but not as strong at the top as the Big10 or as deep.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:43 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
shakes wrote:
Northwestern and Nebraska aren't getting in. 14 other Big Ten teams are at worst bubble teams this year. 10 seems to be the minimum. 9 would take something remarkable like OSU tanking the rest of the season and going from a potential 2 seed to out of the tournament.

I would bet money that at least 2/3 of Purdue, Minnesota, and PSU are getting in. It could be all 3 depending on how the results shake out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:03 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
shakes wrote:
Northwestern and Nebraska aren't getting in. 14 other Big Ten teams are at worst bubble teams this year. 10 seems to be the minimum. 9 would take something remarkable like OSU tanking the rest of the season and going from a potential 2 seed to out of the tournament.

I would bet money that at least 2/3 of Purdue, Minnesota, and PSU are getting in. It could be all 3 depending on how the results shake out.

Purdue lost to Marquette, lost to Butler
Minnesota lost to DePaul, lost to Butler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:48 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
shakes wrote:

Brick on the money here. Anyone that has paid attention at all the Big 10 and College basketball knows that this is true. The Big 10 has a huge group of teams that are pretty much identical. Right now 10 teams from the Big 10 is pretty much a lock.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:50 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
shakes wrote:

Purdue lost to Marquette, lost to Butler
Minnesota lost to DePaul, lost to Butler

I don't understand the point of this? Are you saying those teams are bad because they lost to a couple Big East teams? Marquette lost to Wisconsin and Maryland if that's what you're interested in.

Purdue also has wins over VCU, Virginia and Michigan State and has a high net rating.

Minnesota has wins over Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:51 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
shakes wrote:

Brick on the money here. Anyone that has paid attention at all the Big 10 and College basketball knows that this is true. The Big 10 has a huge group of teams that are pretty much identical. Right now 10 teams from the Big 10 is pretty much a lock.

BriCk? What am I, chopped liver??

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:52 pm 

shakes wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
shakes wrote:

:lol: Love you shakes, you were on the money here too

It is just not often I get to compliment my man Brick

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:56 pm 

RFDC wrote:
shakes wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
shakes wrote:

:lol: Love you shakes, you were on the money here too

It is just not often I get to compliment my man Brick

That's fair, Brick does take a lot of abuse on here and could use the pick me up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:33 pm 

Thanks. I guess. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
shakes wrote:

Nope. It will be 8 teams max.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:36 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
shakes wrote:

Nope. It will be 8 teams max.

You will be wrong.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:30 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
shakes wrote:

Purdue and Minnesota will finish the conference schedule with about 15 wins. Barring a run through the conference tournament that’s not going to get it done. PSU is winning more than their stats say they should but it does seem likely they will squeak in.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:44 pm 

The Big East set the record with 11 bids in 2011, but that was also a 16-team league. The 15-team ACC had a few nine-bid years

They aren't going to allow 10 teams in with a 12 team league.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:30 pm 

Nardi wrote:
The Big East set the record with 11 bids in 2011, but that was also a 16-team league. The 15-team ACC had a few nine-bid years

Um you do realize there are 14 teams in the league right?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:39 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Um you do realize there are 14 teams in the league right?

Now I do. Ok. It's possible.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:43 am 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
shakes wrote:

Purdue and Minnesota will finish the conference schedule with about 15 wins. Barring a run through the conference tournament that’s not going to get it done. PSU is winning more than their stats say they should but it does seem likely they will squeak in.

Locks:
MSU
Maryland
Rutgers
OSU
Wisconsin
Iowa
Michigan
Near Locks:
PSU
Illinois

So that is 9.
One of these 3 teams will make it. Maybe 2. A possible chance of all 3.
Purdue
Minnesota
Indiana

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:08 pm 

Checking out the DePaul St. John's game and whomever is doing the color commentary just dropped some deep Reconnaissance for the Old School Chicago Preps aficionados.

Markese Jacobs is the nephew of Former St. Joe's and Nebraska great Carl "Sco" Hayes.

Now that is some deep Reconnaissance work right there for ya.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
shakes wrote:

Locks:
MSU
Maryland
Rutgers
OSU
Wisconsin
Iowa
Michigan
Near Locks:
PSU
Illinois

So that is 9.
Purdue
Minnesota
Indiana

Illinois is a lock.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
OSU went right down the shitter. They were #2 just over a month ago, now they are 12-7 overall and 2-6 in the conference.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Decent game. I like Reed's game. First time watching a full Illini and DePaul game this year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Demons hanging in there at Seton Hall....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:22 am 

That was the oddest officiated game I have ever seen.

De Paul sucks but I don't think its because of talent. They were undisciplined last year. They are undisciplined this year. They fade in the last five minutes. I put this on Leito.

I really hate watching a game and seeing that face of Ponsetto sitting there without a concern about her job, even as she has overseen the destruction of their feature program. But hey, women's softball has become totally competitive.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:24 am 

good dolphin wrote:

De Paul sucks but I don't think its because of talent. They were undisciplined last year. They are undisciplined this year. They fade in the last five minutes. I put this on Leito.

I really hate watching a game and seeing that face of Ponsetto sitting there without a concern about her job, even as she has overseen the destruction of their feature program. But hey, women's softball has become totally competitive.

Don't forget women's basketball as well!

And I do believe our only ever national championship was in Riflery back in the 80s. I could be making that up though.

You are right about Leito, he's the one consistent in DePaul's lack of on court intelligence year in year out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
good dolphin wrote:

Those back to back technicals were odd.

DePaul has talent, but they lack leadership on the court. So many turnovers. They looked good on defense, though.

Seton Hall is the #10 team? :lol: I know any team can look bad on any night, but that team sucks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:56 pm 

tommy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

DePaul has talent, but they lack leadership on the court. So many turnovers. They looked good on defense, though.

Seton Hall is the #10 team? :lol: I know any team can look bad on any night, but that team sucks.

Any team in the top 30 is as good as any other team in the top 30 this year. Hall has been super hot lately and has some great wins. They're possibly better than any team in the Big 10. Same with Villanova. MSU might be the only team that can argue against that.

At the end of the day, the Big East might be the strongest conference in the country, not the Big10. Big 10 will get more teams in since they have 14 to choose from, but BigEast might end up getting 7/10 teams into the tournament. The top 2 teams in the BigEast might be better than any team in the big10 this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:41 pm 

shakes wrote:
tommy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Any team in the top 30 is as good as any other team in the top 30 this year. Hall has been super hot lately and has some great wins. They're possibly better than any team in the Big 10. Same with Villanova. MSU might be the only team that can argue against that.

At the end of the day, the Big East might be the strongest conference in the country, not the Big10. Big 10 will get more teams in since they have 14 to choose from, but BigEast might end up getting 7/10 teams into the tournament. The top 2 teams in the BigEast might be better than any team in the big10 this year.

You've re-evaluated. I respect that. All we can go by is our eyes . What conference, when you watch, plays better basketball? It seems like it's the Big East.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:30 am 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
shakes wrote:

Locks:
MSU
Maryland
Rutgers
OSU
Wisconsin
Iowa
Michigan
Near Locks:
PSU
Illinois

So that is 9.
Purdue
Minnesota
Indiana

Illinois is a lock.
Illinois and PSU are locks now. OSU and Wisconsin may not be since Wisconsin just had their best player leave and OSU had one of it's best players take a break.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
1-9

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next