It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:47 am 

Ramblers win the MVC and the Illini win the B10 on Sunday. Monday and Tuesday sports talk is about a fading Bulls team.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:48 am 

Loyola is such an easy team to root for. Now only if DePaul could come through.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Regular Reader wrote:

I've been waiting for DePaul to "come through" for the last 25 years, but it hasn't really happened. I think they might have two NCAA Tournament wins during that period of time. However, they led the Big East in moral victories this year, so there's that.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:54 am 

Warren Newson wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I've been waiting for DePaul to "come through" for the last 25 years, but it hasn't really happened. I think they might have two NCAA Tournament wins during that period of time. However, they led the Big East in moral victories this year, so there's that.

I thought the David Booth years were the upswing back to greatness.

I don't want to talk about it yet while we are in an NCAA tournament but Loyola basketball is at a critical fork in the road as it graduates the last of this excellent class that produced an unprecedented five year run

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
good dolphin wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I thought the David Booth years were the upswing back to greatness.

I don't want to talk about it yet while we are in an NCAA tournament but Loyola basketball is at a critical fork in the road as it graduates the last of this excellent class that produced an unprecedented five year run

The end of DePaul was when Howard Nathan failed out of school after his freshman year. I have no doubt he would've led the team to greatness had he stuck around.

They had a brief glimpse of relevance when they had Q and Bobby Simmons, but that team never even won a tournament game.

been nothing but shit since then.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:07 am 

I think the Ramblers got a very fair draw in the tournament.

Ohio State is a big name that will bring their game attention. At the same time, they are a beatable opponent, playing bad basketball down the stretch.

This is the type of team Loyola plays well, where it is overly reliant on a couple of players that they can target with a defensive game plan. They also don't have dominating big men, which is where Loyola is weakest this year.

The second round would be Villanova, who is very good. However, they too do not have a dominant big man and have the type of offense the Ramblers should be able to defend.

They can very well lose in Round 1, but, like I said, it's a fair draw.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
good dolphin wrote:
I think the Ramblers got a very fair draw in the tournament.

Ohio State is a big name that will bring their game attention. At the same time, they are a beatable opponent, playing bad basketball down the stretch.

This is the type of team Loyola plays well, where it is overly reliant on a couple of players that they can target with a defensive game plan. They also don't have dominating big men, which is where Loyola is weakest this year.

The second round would be Villanova, who is very good. However, they too do not have a dominant big man and have the type of offense the Ramblers should be able to defend.

They can very well lose in Round 1, but, like I said, it's a fair draw.

Yes....this is (IMO) the most interesting game in the first round....well....this one and Purdue getting bounced by Yale :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:01 pm 

not our day

announcers are boobs, praising OSU defense as Loyola misses open layups.

It was a good five year run. Big thanks to all those great players over the years.

Tough times ahead in a better conference and seven seniors leaving. Need to upgrade the quality of the recruits.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
It's been brutal to watch. Still a chance though.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Mully scores more often than the Ramblers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:12 pm 

They do have Norris and Kennedy back, which is a great base if they can get some transfer portal fill ins.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Ohio St. definitely used their status as an underdog as motivation.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
FrankDrebin wrote:

public bet ohio state to a favorite by tip. i'm ok having watched zero minutes of that game

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:34 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:

They will be joining Loyola by the time the sunday red sauce is ready.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:29 am 

Loyola did a nice job of retooling through the porthole. They are losing something like 8-9 players due to graduation (6-7) and transfer (1-2).

They found themselves a center who started 88 games for Butler, a power forward who dominated in D2, a 6'7" wing from Lafayette who is from NDHS and a shooting guard from Valpo who was a double digit scorer as a sophomore.

I thought there #1 need going into next season was to get some size. They did that. They will have veteran guard play from Norris and Kennedy. Now they are two deep at every position and have enough size to match up with the new A10. They should be a top half of the league team. I think the one thing they are missing is a deadly three point shooter.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:33 pm 

Reader, you wanted to be informed when Loyola had some players from Simeon. They just received commitments from two

https://www.a10talk.com/twinning-is-fun ... to-loyola/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:58 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
good dolphin wrote:
Reader, you wanted to be informed when Loyola had some players from Simeon. They just received commitments from two

Awesome. Those are they type of guys that Illinois used to take hoping to get the top players from Simeon but when it came time for the Roses and the Parkers it was "Illinois, go fuck yourself."

Underwood made the right call going with the Irvins rather than taking Simeon's B-team and getting the snub job when it came to the best players.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:14 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Awesome. Those are they type of guys that Illinois used to take hoping to get the top players from Simeon but when it came time for the Roses and the Parkers it was "Illinois, go fuck yourself."

Underwood made the right call going with the Irvins rather than taking Simeon's B-team and getting the snub job when it came to the best players.

I think most importantly is that they outrecruited De Paul for them.

I think that move to the A10 has given Loyola greater esteem in recruit's eyes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:47 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Couldn't agree more. Simeon is mostly producing Low Major talents that play a level or 2 above where they should be slotted because of its "legacy" and "brand" these days.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:52 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I think most importantly is that they outrecruited De Paul for them.

I think that move to the A10 has given Loyola greater esteem in recruit's eyes.

Those twins aren't that good and I was happy as hell when they signed with Loyola instead of DePaul. DePaul never should have offered them but I have a very good idea as why they did. They aren't good enough to play in the Big East and With Loyola moving to the Atlantic 10 they aren't good enough to play there either. They will be on the move after their freshman year.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:37 pm 

Link, why would they leave after a year if they would be overmatched in the Big East and appropriately matched in the A10?

I think they want to play as a package so mobility might be difficult.

That article says one of them is ranked 124 in this rising senior class.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:24 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Link, why would they leave after a year if they would be overmatched in the Big East and appropriately matched in the A10?.

Because they will be overmatched in the A10 too. I've seen them play several times and they are low level D1 players at best. Playing for Simeon has has led them to be vastly overrated. As stated I know why DePaul offered them. I have a theory regarding why Loyola did so. They aren't mid major players imo
good dolphin wrote:

Not really. It will be no different than what Loyola just did actually. They will try Loyola and once it doesn't pan out they are going to find their level.
good dolphin wrote:

I'd have to see the service which rated them that high. If it's Rivals, 247, ESPN, or Scout then I'd give it more credence. If it's one of those rinky dink services then forger it. I'd also check ESPN's list for rankings as they use a tiered system which is good when evaluating players. . High Majors that aren't pros are considered 4 star prospects and mid major kids are 3 Star prospects. 1-2 Star prospects are low Majors.
By the looks of things Miles signed at about his level while his brother signed above his level. They probably really wanted Miles but had to take his brother as part of a package deal or else they'd lose out on both.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:28 pm 

Miles Rubin has always been considered the better of the 2. 247 has him ranked as a 3 Star prospect. National ranking 180. His brother isn't ranked anywhere inside of the top 250 nationally. As previously stated I would have been mad if DePaul signed those 2. But I would have understood why.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:06 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

I really want to root for Loyola.I love them and the old idea of DePaul.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:39 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Link, why would they leave after a year if they would be overmatched in the Big East and appropriately matched in the A10?.

Because they will be overmatched in the A10 too. I've seen them play several times and they are low level D1 players at best. Playing for Simeon has has led them to be vastly overrated. As stated I know why DePaul offered them. I have a theory regarding why Loyola did so. They aren't mid major players imo
good dolphin wrote:

Not really. It will be no different than what Loyola just did actually. They will try Loyola and once it doesn't pan out they are going to find their level.
good dolphin wrote:

I'd have to see the service which rated them that high. If it's Rivals, 247, ESPN, or Scout then I'd give it more credence. If it's one of those rinky dink services then forger it. I'd also check ESPN's list for rankings as they use a tiered system which is good when evaluating players. . High Majors that aren't pros are considered 4 star prospects and mid major kids are 3 Star prospects. 1-2 Star prospects are low Majors.
By the looks of things Miles signed at about his level while his brother signed above his level. They probably really wanted Miles but had to take his brother as part of a package deal or else they'd lose out on both.

The story says 4 star at 247.

I don't really know anything about either so I appreciate the insight.

A 6'9" 4 star recruit is about as good as Loyola has gotten, but like you said, analysts are influenced by the school.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:47 am 

good dolphin wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

good dolphin wrote:

good dolphin wrote:

The story says 4 star at 247.

I don't really know anything about either so I appreciate the insight.

A 6'9" 4 star recruit is about as good as Loyola has gotten, but like you said, analysts are influenced by the school.

247 has the better one as a 3 star recruit
https://247sports.com/player/miles-rubin-46129551/

When they were at Homewood no one knew about them and the second they transferred to Simeon everyone knew about them. I hope it works for Loyola because they are a local team and have done a lot to rep the city but I just don't see a lot of upside with those 2. I hope I'm wrong. I just didn't want to see them sign with DePaul. One of my good friends is an Assistant with DePaul and signing those 2 is the type of move that gets him fired. :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Who is this Alston character and where did he come from? Fucker balls.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Moser leads OU to last in the Big 12

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:10 am 

team has found its comfort zone in the A10. They are up to 12-6 and sitting in third in the league. I don't think this is an ncaa team but they might qualify for another post season tournament.

They lose quite a few players at the end of the year, so hopefully recruiting and portal after a good season will produce a team ready to continue to be competitive in a tough conference

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:23 am 

They are not doing it impressively, but they do keep winning games, which is a lot better than what they were doing last year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next