It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 688 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Football 2019
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:05 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
At least the blown calls didn't truly cost Ohio State the game.

Pfft. Try watching the game in real time, buddy, not your vaunted slow motion.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:06 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
tommy wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
At least the blown calls didn't truly cost Ohio State the game.

Pfft. Try watching the game in real time, buddy, not your vaunted slow motion.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:15 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
OSU

Can’t spell lose without some of that.

I wanted them to win but I won’t lose sleep over it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:17 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I said to the people I was watching with that OSU was doomed when they cut to Urban on the sideline right before the interception :lol:

Ryan Day Mike McCarthy'd this game up by being a little coward in the red zone when OSU should have had their foot firmly on Clemson's neck in the first half. I'm generally anti-SEC in the playoff but I suppose I'll root for LSU in the final if only because Orgeron and Burrow are a thousand times more likable than Dabo's self-righteous ass (even though Lawrence earned a lot of respect from me tonight).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:20 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
If the Bears could have either Borrow or Lawrence next year, whom would you take? Burrow seems to be the obvious choice, but I like Lawrence’s size and “just win baby” attitude.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:28 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
If Dobbins didn’t get hurt, OSU probably wins pretty easily.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:31 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Heisenberg wrote:
If the Bears could have either Borrow or Lawrence next year, whom would you take? Burrow seems to be the obvious choice, but I like Lawrence’s size and “just win baby” attitude.

Gun to my head I'm taking Lawrence because of lingering doubts about Burrow from before got to play in his current system. Lawrence has no doubt been surrounded by loads of talent too, but his track record dating back to high school is unimpeachable in a way Burrow's isn't. Of course, Lawrence could very easily get injured like Tua before he's eligible for the 2021 draft so this whole discussion could be moot.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:33 am 

Heisenberg wrote:

Lawrence

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:27 pm 

Looks like it is up to the Illini to carry the Big Ten's football torch.

We'll be up at Dr. Ken's winter villa in Duluth watching the game and drinking Irish Coffee. Join us, won't you?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Heisenberg wrote:

Burrow absolutely no doubt. His throws are all absolute dimes and he has that crucial skill to evade in the pocket to buy more time while still making his reads down field.

I would be surprised if Lawrence goes 1.1 in 2021. It just seems like every cycle there is some QB everyone cannot wait to draft for years and then by the time it comes time for him to play his last NCAA season the flaws become apparent.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Antarctica wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

Burrow absolutely no doubt. His throws are all absolute dimes and he has that crucial skill to evade in the pocket to buy more time while still making his reads down field.

I would be surprised if Lawrence goes 1.1 in 2021. It just seems like every cycle there is some QB everyone cannot wait to draft for years and then by the time it comes time for him to play his last NCAA season the flaws become apparent.

I feel like Burrow is the safe, “NFL ready” pick. But Lawrence gives you the upside of being transformational, like Mahommes.

I’d take Lawrence.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:05 pm 

Antarctica wrote:

That argument makes so much sense

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:43 pm 

Antarctica wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

The flip side is Burrow in one year went from a projection of being undrafted to the number one pick in a season. I can't think of a similar success story.

Add in the concern of drafting a quarterback who is playing with so much talent that every defense is outmatched and I would have concerns.

Barring injury Lawrence is a star.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:18 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

The flip side is Burrow in one year went from a projection of being undrafted to the number one pick in a season. I can't think of a similar success story.

Add in the concern of drafting a quarterback who is playing with so much talent that every defense is outmatched and I would have concerns.

Jamarcus Russell comes immediately to mind.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:25 pm 

That's a good one.

I was going to say Cam Newton but that was over two years.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:48 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

He (Burrow) was decent last year, but really came on at the end of the year, especially in the bowl game. Did nothing against Alabama.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:21 pm 

tommy wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

It's why Matt Leinart has been on Fox college broadcasts forthe last few years.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:29 am 

You are out of your freaking gourd if you think Lawrence isn't the best pro option at any position in college football and probably the best in a decade (i'd have to research that a little though)

Every single GM would take him over Burrow if given the choice.

Lawrence is Peyton Manning level talent college prospect. There isn't a flaw to his game.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:44 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
tommy wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

It's why Matt Leinart has been on Fox college broadcasts forthe last few years.

Among other SC QBs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:19 am 

good dolphin wrote:
You are out of your freaking gourd if you think Lawrence isn't the best pro option at any position in college football and probably the best in a decade (i'd have to research that a little though)

Lawrence is Peyton Manning level talent college prospect. There isn't a flaw to his game.

The only flaw was the first three games this season when he was only a tick above average. But unlike Manning, this kid shines in big games.

And imo, Luck would've been the best pro prospect if he'd left after his junior year instead of wanting to be the BMOC for another year.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:50 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

The only flaw was the first three games this season when he was only a tick above average. But unlike Manning, this kid shines in big games.

That's just it--he plays best on the big stage against hard teams. Clemson hasn't played anyone this year, but as soon as they played a good team--and were down--he brought them back. Not only that, but he took a beating while doing it. Dabo complained last year about how skinny Lawrence is, but he's put on some weight since and he is tough and resilient.

He was injured earlier in the year, I think.

Manning got hosed in a few pro playoff games, but the worst thing that happened to his college career was Tee Martin winning it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:58 am 

And getting the hives anytime Spurrier was near.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:09 pm 

Illini open with a sack! #lovie

I love how Cal calls themselves the Bears....um, there are no bear in California! Extinct. Keep up with the times, Cal.

Cal's first of many punts coming up.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
good dolphin wrote:

Lawrence wins big games, unlike goober at Tennessee.

I'd take Lawrence, I think both will be real good tho.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:19 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
tommy wrote:

I love how Cal calls themselves the Bears....um, there are no bear in California! Extinct. Keep up with the times, Cal.

Lot of black bear in California

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
312player wrote:
tommy wrote:

There was that one time Briggs skipped practice to be there to open his restaurant.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:

You don’t have to go back a decade. He’s not a better prospect than Chase Young or Myles Garrett.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Football is a joke.

Can't hit someone in the shoulder.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:58 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Football is a joke.

Can't hit someone in the shoulder.

Which is pretty much what he did. Even my boy Dean got this one right.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:59 pm 

312player wrote:
tommy wrote:

Oh--Golden Bears.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 688 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next