You like or no like?
Good 83%  83%  [ 10 ]
Bad 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 12
 Post subject: Fair Pay to Play Act
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Is it good or bad?

Kirk Herbstreit, Tim Tebow, and Gene Smith are not fans.

Pretty much everyone else is in favor of it.

Post subject: Re: Fair Pay to Play Act
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:55 am 

Great. Especially when you get that triumvirate of self entitled nitwits that feed off the old system and the ridiculous crap they cry about the new law exposing themselves.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:20 am 

Good overall. There will be some players who cost themselves tens of millions of dollars though when they blow through their million plus signing bonuses in short time and flame out of their colleges.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Mike Leach wrote:
The state of California has trouble keeping their streets clean right now. So my thought is that they probably ought to focus on that. That's just one man's opinion. I'm sure I'm probably wrong. But at the rate that California's handling their infrastructure and some of their other problems, I think we'll see how they do with that before I really think it would be that beneficial for the legislature in California to enter into college football.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:44 am 

tommy wrote:
Mike Leach wrote:
The state of California has trouble keeping their streets clean right now. So my thought is that they probably ought to focus on that. That's just one man's opinion. I'm sure I'm probably wrong. But at the rate that California's handling their infrastructure and some of their other problems, I think we'll see how they do with that before I really think it would be that beneficial for the legislature in California to enter into college football.

Aside from him going all Leach where he shouldn't. Again. He probably needs to be told that as a state employee (no less :lol: ) every state and federal government has been involved in college athletics since the days of Teddy Roosevelt. Which brought us the crooked bureaucracy that is the NCAA.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Whatever it takes to get them making college football video games again, I’m all for it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Regular Reader wrote:
tommy wrote:
Mike Leach wrote:

Aside from him going all Leach where he shouldn't. Again. He probably needs to be told that as a state employee (no less :lol: ) every state and federal government has been involved in college athletics since the days of Teddy Roosevelt. Which brought us the crooked bureaucracy that is the NCAA.

Classic Leach: "I'm sure I'm probably wrong." What an amazing statement. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
KDdidit wrote:
Whatever it takes to get them making college football video games again, I’m all for it.

This.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:09 pm 

It is great.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
KDdidit wrote:

Amen.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
they keep talking about haves and have nots and its all completely bullshit.

The way it currently works there are only like 12 teams of the 100+ teams that have a shot at a championship. its already a system of haves and have nots.

I'd contend it brings much more parity to the game. Most universities have rich donors who would be willing to foot this bill.

shake it up a bit. its already probably happening under the table. shine some sunlight on it and clean it up a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:32 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I thought colleges were overall profitable from sports. I guess most are not. Here is the article, which of course is hard to properly post from my ipad, but I did pasted the key paragragh.

“In 2019, ath­letic de­part­ments across all three NCAA di­vi­sions gen­er­ated $10.6 bil­lion in rev­enue from all sports and spent more than $18.9 bil­lion. The two big­gest costs were fi­nan­cial aid for ath­letes ($3.6 bil­lion) and coaches’ com­pen­sa­tion ($3.7 bil­lion).“

https://www.wsj.com/articles/march-madness-is-a-moneymaker-most-schools-still-operate-in-red-11615545002?page=1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
denisdman wrote:
I thought colleges were overall profitable from sports. I guess most are not. Here is the article, which of course is hard to properly post from my ipad, but I did pasted the key paragragh.

“In 2019, ath­letic de­part­ments across all three NCAA di­vi­sions gen­er­ated $10.6 bil­lion in rev­enue from all sports and spent more than $18.9 bil­lion. The two big­gest costs were fi­nan­cial aid for ath­letes ($3.6 bil­lion) and coaches’ com­pen­sa­tion ($3.7 bil­lion).“

https://www.wsj.com/articles/march-madness-is-a-moneymaker-most-schools-still-operate-in-red-11615545002?page=1

NCAA: Cut Financial Aid!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:27 am 

denisdman wrote:

They choose not to be profitable.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Brick wrote:
denisdman wrote:

They choose not to be profitable.

Pretty cool to lose billions to own a bunch of 18yr olds.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:02 pm 

What I always find hard to believe is there are two simple rule changes the NCAA can painlessly implement to provide greater benefits to the student athletes: guaranteed four year scholarships and no restrictions on transfer.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Herbstreit is still pretty cute. Aged well.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Like most laws...it's one that conceptually sounds great that I'm sure they'll fuck up.

Reader is right, though.....the state legislative bodies created this mess. good luck trying to clean it up.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.