It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:05 am 

I'll just give those who don't seem to know a hint so someone a decade from now doesn't pull up an old quote to make them look bad, Lawrence will go 1.1 in next year's draft. He would go 1.1 in this year's draft over Burrow if he could come out. He would go 1.1 in probably every single draft since Andrew Luck in 2012.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
I'll just give those who don't seem to know a hint so someone a decade from now doesn't pull up an old quote to make them look bad, Lawrence will go 1.1 in next year's draft. He would go 1.1 in this year's draft over Burrow if he could come out. He would go 1.1 in probably every single draft since Andrew Luck in 2012.

You can have the project player. I'll take Burrow.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Joe Burrow: 23 years old

Trevor Lawrence: 20 years old

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:11 am 

FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Lawrence isn't a project

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:12 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
badrogue17 wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Goodnight. This game is over. Burrow will be a top 5 quarterback in a few years.

He's still a one year wonder with the best WR corps in the nation, excepting Alabama

Yeah I didn’t see anything last night it makes me think either of those guys are going to be any good in the pros

The way he (JB) was looking off defenders and dropping some of those deep passes perfectly into place for the receivers is impressive stuff, not sure how you guys missed those things. Touch on deep passes can’t be taught either, you have it or you don’t. That kids ball placement is next level -doesn’t guarantee success at the next level, but it’s an indicator for sure.

As for Lawrence he’s still young, only a Sophmore, and coming off a game where he spent half his time literally picking himself up off the field from getting laid out by Ohio State defenders. I think he was beat up going into this game and it showed with some really uncharacteristic high throws. He’ll be fine.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:16 am 

Yes if this was your first game watching Trevor Lawrence you prolly wouldn’t think much of him.

That said, he did start out the year not good, but then had a helluva 7 game run to get Clemson into the playoff/championship game.

NME may be right. He could be banged up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:17 am 

FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Burrow is going to be really good. Lawrence could be the next Mahomes.

If I were a team not from Kansas City, and I had a chance to draft either of them I would and trade my current quarterback to do it. I would take Lawrence though if I had to.

I still maintain that Burrow is going to be overrated based on the insane amount of talent at LSU. That's why you see a lot of busts from schools with elite talent. I would be concerned that Burrow is a Leinert or Brady Quinn who struggled more when facing equal talent but it still is a chance you have to take..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I was unable to see the game. Was anyone making the point that either of these guys can be as good as Lamar? Is the Lawrence kid a big runner?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:22 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If I were a team not from Kansas City, and I had a chance to draft either of them I would and trade my current quarterback to do it. I would take Lawrence though if I had to.

I still maintain that Burrow is going to be overrated based on the insane amount of talent at LSU. That's why you see a lot of busts from schools with elite talent. I would be concerned that Burrow is a Leinert or Brady Quinn who struggled more when facing equal talent but it still is a chance you have to take..

I agree with what you’re saying except I’m pretty sure Burrow didn’t struggle against any of the 7 top 10 teams they faced.

He was extraordinarily dominant.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Missed most of second half--had to work. Just watching this now....wow, LSU's defense really showed up. It looked like Clemson had made the adjustments there early in the third quarter, but LSU's defense was so damn quick. I think they were missing secondary guys early in the season, but their line was good as well. I didn't expect that.

Glad to see Coach O win. I know RR is a fan, too. They ran him out of Miss. St. And sure, he walked into a decent situation at LSU, but he took over mid-year and did what The Hat could only do once, despite some amazing talent.

Burrow was flawless, but I still think Lawrence will be a better pro. Seems more durable. Burrow looked like Mahomes throwing that ball, but Mahomes has some weight on Burrow.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:27 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I agree with what you’re saying except I’m pretty sure Burrow didn’t struggle against any of the 7 top 10 teams they faced.

Made it look sooooooooooo easy.

Will he get crushed in the pros?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:30 am 

That’s up to Cincinnati’s GM to make sure he doesn’t end up nearly paralyzed like Andrew Luck.

He looks can’t miss, and beating 7!!!! top ten teams has never been done before.

It would be one of the biggest busts ever if his skill set doesn’t transfer to the pros.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:30 am 

NME wrote:

As for Lawrence he’s still young, only a Sophmore, and coming off a game where he spent half his time literally picking himself up off the field from getting laid out by Ohio State defenders. I think he was beat up going into this game and it showed with some really uncharacteristic high throws. He’ll be fine.

You might be right. He was off last night. Even his throwing motion was off.

LSU had something to do with that, I guess. Couldn't find anyone open.

Man, as good as Burrow was, LSU had some amazing receivers....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:32 am 

pittmike wrote:
I was unable to see the game. Was anyone making the point that either of these guys can be as good as Lamar? Is the Lawrence kid a big runner?

Jackson?

Jackson had a phenomenal season and is a unique talent but he is hardly the standard against which the pros are judging college talent.

Lawrence is very mobile but it would be a waste to use him in the same way the Ravens use Jackson. He's 6'6" and currently 220 but you can add good weight onto someone like that without any reduction in speed. His body type would will be more Cam or early career Big Ben.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:36 am 

The Bears suck for drafting a QB who didn't start until his senior year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:38 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Lawrence looks like a guy who will be bust. Burrow looks like a guy who will have a bust in Canton.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:40 am 

good dolphin wrote:
The Bears suck for drafting a QB who didn't start until his senior year.

Redshirt Junior, but close enough.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
To be clear Im fucking around with Lawrence. Im aware he's a super prospect. But it's hard to overstate how much better Burrow looked last night and Clemson doesn't lack for elite talent either.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:45 am 

This was a great thread. Glad to see so many people weighing in. I really enjoyed it.

Let's also give a shoutout to the white quarterbacks and head coaches who got us here. Also, a pat on the rear to the aforementioned white folks's parents, who gave them normal nicknames, like Joe and Ed and Trevor. (Well, Trevor is a little shaky, but this discussion is CLOSED.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:46 am 

His name is Sunshine.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:46 am 

Nas wrote:
Lawrence looks like a guy who will be bust. Burrow looks like a guy who will have a bust in Canton.

Did you think that when he lead Clemson to a national championship as a freshman?

It's OK to like Burrows. I certainly do. His being a great looking prospect has no impact on Lawrence. Don't let last night sway you. Take a look his game just two weeks ago if you want a counterpoint and Ohio State is just a shade worse than LSU and that was a huge, spotlight game

Last edited by good dolphin on Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:48 am 

Nas watched Trevor Lawrence play football for the first time last night.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:48 am 

Nas wrote:

Is he gonna get hurt in the NFL? He better put on some weight. Joe Germaine had an awfully nice touch throwing the ball, too.

Edit: jbi11s discussed this above

Last edited by tommy on Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:49 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
That’s up to Cincinnati’s GM to make sure he doesn’t end up nearly paralyzed like Andrew Luck.

He looks can’t miss, and beating 7!!!! top ten teams has never been done before.

It would be one of the biggest busts ever if his skill set doesn’t transfer to the pros.

The SEC is starting to become the Big 12 in terms of defense excluding Alabama and LSU.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Nas wrote:

Remember when it used to be opposite for the Heisman winner?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:54 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

The SEC is starting to become the Big 12 in terms of defense excluding Alabama and LSU.

Burrow vs. Alabama: 31/39 393yds 3td

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:08 am 

So since 2006, except for Florida State and Ohio State, every champ has either been in the SEC or used to be in the Southern Conference (Clemson).

In the 60s, the SEC won four shared titles

In the 70s, the SEC won one outright and two shared

In the 80s, the SEC won once (Clemson won once, too.)

90s: 3 SEC titles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:09 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

LSU had a massive talent differential to every team they faced besides Alabama.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Too many people prematurely writing the obituary on Sunshine, what was Burrow a year ago? A 3rd round pick.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:13 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Too many people prematurely writing the obituary on Sunshine, what was Burrow a year ago? A 3rd round pick.

McShay said he had Burrow as a 5th rounder or later.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next