It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Khalil Whitney
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:46 pm 

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he turns up at Illinois or Depaul.

Probably Illinois
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... diminishes

Post subject: Re: Khalil Whitney
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:48 pm 

Good to see you took my advice and started following college basketball.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:50 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I also follow the local teams Brick. That has never changed. I also follow the local kids which he happens to be. With that being the case College Basketball still sucks.

I go back to a time when the quality of College Basketball of really good. You don't. That is the difference. I know it is a shitty ass product that is why I don't watch.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:56 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I also follow the local teams Brick. That has never changed. I also follow the local kids which he happens to be. With that being the case College Basketball still sucks.

I go back to a time when the quality of College Basketball of really good. You don't. That is the difference. I know it is a shitty ass product that is why I don't watch.
So you don't watch any college basketball?

I just want to know how seriously I should take your opinions on it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
long time guy wrote:

Probably Illinois
When would he be eligible to play?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Bulls need help at SF.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:09 pm 

Probably goes pro. Bad timing on the transfer unless he can get one of the magical NCAA waivers for next year. Should have left UK before semester started there.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:09 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

So you don't watch any college basketball?

I just want to know how seriously I should take your opinions on it.

I watch DePaul and some Illinois. I catch a game with the other teams every now and then but I follow the top guys when they are in high school.

None of that matters because I guarantee that I know much more about Kahlil (you know the subject of the thread) than you do. Do you care to comment about him or do you want to make about what I may or may not know about college basketball?

He plays college basketball and I would prefer to talk about him. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:10 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Probably Illinois

Probably Second Semester Next Season at the earliest. He may be able to get one of those waivers which allows him to play immediately next season however.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:12 pm 

long time guy wrote:
I watch DePaul and some Illinois. I catch a game with the other teams every now and then but I follow the top guys when they are in high school.
Good to hear you took my advice.

long time guy wrote:
None of that matters because I guarantee that I know much more about Kahlil (you know the subject of the thread) than you do. Do you care to comment about him or do you want to make about what I may or may not know about college basketball?
Unlikely. You didn't even know who PJ Washington was until he played the Bulls.

long time guy wrote:
He seems to have been pretty overrated.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:13 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Probably goes pro. Bad timing on the transfer unless he can get one of the magical NCAA waivers for next year. Should have left UK before semester started there.

I don't think he goes. His stock has plummeted tremendously since the start of the season. He was once a top ten NBA prospect and now he is danger of dropping completely out of the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:14 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Good to hear you took my advice.

long time guy wrote:
Unlikely. You didn't even know who PJ Washington was until he played the Bulls.

long time guy wrote:
He seems to have been pretty overrated.

Ok so you know nothing about Kahlil Whitney. Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:14 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Probably Illinois

Probably Second Semester Next Season at the earliest. He may be able to get one of those waivers which allows him to play immediately next season however.

He won't be eligible for the second semester next season if he isn't available for the first.

He could get a waiver because the NCAA is way too lenient on handing those out now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:19 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Probably Illinois

He won't be eligible for the second semester next season if he isn't available for the first.

He could get a waiver because the NCAA is way too lenient on handing those out now.

You don't even understand transfer rules yet you comport yourself as if you are Mr. NCAA
Quote:

If you transfer from a four-year college to an NCAA school, you must complete one academic year in residence at the new school before you can play for or receive travel expenses from the new school, unless you qualify for a transfer exception or waiver.

http://www.ncaa.org › current ›

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:22 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Probably Illinois

You don't even understand transfer rules yet you comport yourself as if you are Mr. NCAA
If you transfer from a four-year college to an NCAA school, you must complete one academic year in residence at the new school before you can play for or receive travel expenses from the new school, unless you qualify for a transfer exception or waiver.
http://www.ncaa.org › current › transfer-t...
Transfer terms |
Yes, and he has played in games during the 2nd semester at Kentucky. That makes it impossible for him to complete one academic year in residence at a new school. If he had transferred in December it was plausible he could be eligible for the 2nd semester.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:23 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Probably Illinois

http://www.ncaa.org › current › transfer-t...
Transfer terms |
Yes, and he has played in games during the 2nd semester at Kentucky. That makes it impossible for him to complete one academic year in residence at a new school. If he had transferred in December it was plausible he could be eligible for the 2nd semester.

No your original point was that he couldn't play in the second semester if he participated in the first. Nice try though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:24 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Illinois wouldn't get an exemption. They couldn't even get one for that TE from Georgia who wanted to live close to his sick grandmother.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:26 pm 

long time guy wrote:
No your original point was that he couldn't play in the second semester if he participated in the first. Nice try though.
Huh? You didn't read it correctly.
"He won't be eligible for the second semester next season if he isn't available for the first."

So, if he isn't eligible for games in November in the next season, then he isn't available for the games in February either.

If he gets a waiver, he is eligible immediately.

Do you honestly think I was saying that he could play for the first half of next season and then not be able to play in the second half of next season? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:27 pm 

Quote:

And you are still probably wrong if Kentucky's 2nd Semester has yet to start. You have until the start of the 2nd Semester to transfer. Very few if any colleges start their 2nd semesters in Dec. If Kentucky's second semester hasn't started yet then he is still eligible to play 2nd Semester next season

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:28 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Illinois wouldn't get an exemption. They couldn't even get one for that TE from Georgia who wanted to live close to his sick grandmother.

Its possible. DePaul got it for Charlie Moore.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:30 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
long time guy wrote:

It's not. Illinois has never gotten jack from the NCAA.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:30 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Quote:

And you are still probably wrong if Kentucky's 2nd Semester has yet to start. You have until the start of the 2nd Semester to transfer. Very few if any colleges start their 2nd semesters in Dec. If Kentucky's second semester hasn't started yet then he is still eligible to play 2nd Semester next season

Kentucky's second semester has started. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:31 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Huh? You didn't read it correctly.
"He won't be eligible for the second semester next season if he isn't available for the first."

So, if he isn't eligible for games in November in the next season, then he isn't available for the games in February either.

If he gets a waiver, he is eligible immediately.

Do you honestly think I was saying that he could play for the first half of next season and then not be able to play in the second half of next season? :lol:

Dude stop. You don't know the rule. The rule has never changed by the way. You have to sit out a full academic year (from the time of transfer) unless you obtain a waiver.

parsing of arbitrary language that only you are aware of won't change that. Do a little research and then get back to me.

long time guy wrote:

It's not. Illinois has never gotten jack from the NCAA.
The NCAA did basically ignore Underwood's issues at his previous job.

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Quote:

Doesn't change the fact that you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Just like you don't know who the kid is either.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:33 pm 

Quote:
[quote="Boilermaker Rick]He won't be eligible for the second semester next season if he isn't available for the first.
[/quote][/quote]

This statement was factually incorrect.

Last edited by long time guy on Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:34 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Quote:

Doesn't change the fact that you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Just like you don't know who the kid is either.
In this thread, you thought he could be eligible in the second semester without a waiver, and you thought I was saying that he would be eligible for the first half of the season but not the second one. It's not a great time to say anyone doesn't know something.

The kid looks way overhyped. A change of scenery may change that or he may be yet another example of the high school can't miss prospect missing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
long time guy wrote:

FavreFan wrote:
Looks like all athletes named Khalil come to Chicago to underachieve.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:36 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

This statement was factually incorrect.
How?

He has no chance of having partial eligibility next year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:39 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
In this thread, you thought he could be eligible in the second semester without a waiver, and you thought I was saying that he would be eligible for the first half of the season but not the second one. It's not a great time to say anyone doesn't know something.

It actually is a wonderful time to say and catch you lying while saying it.

Can you actually provide the statement where I said that he "could be eligible without a waiver"?