It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Khalil Whitney
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:41 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
In this thread, you thought he could be eligible in the second semester without a waiver, and you thought I was saying that he would be eligible for the first half of the season but not the second one. It's not a great time to say anyone doesn't know something.

It actually is a wonderful time to say and catch you lying while saying it.

Can you actually provide the statement where I said that he "could be eligible without a waiver"?

long time guy wrote:
Probably Second Semester Next Season at the earliest.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:43 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
He won't be eligible for the second semester next season if he isn't available for the first.

This statement was factually incorrect.
How?

He has no chance of having partial eligibility next year.

Because he could be ineligible during the first semester yet still be eligible to play during the 2nd. If he is ineligible to play next year it won't be because he sat out the first semester.

Again you don't know what you are talking about. I just provided the actual rule for you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:45 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
He won't be eligible for the second semester next season if he isn't available for the first.

How?

Because he could be ineligible during the first semester yet still be eligible to play during the 2nd. If he is ineligible to play next year it won't be because he sat out the first semester.

Again you don't know what you are talking about. I just provided the actual rule for you.

Once again, he has played basketball games during the second semester, so he would not be able to count this semester as a semester of sitting out.

If he does not get a waiver, the earliest he could play would be the season after the next one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:49 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
In this thread, you thought he could be eligible in the second semester without a waiver, and you thought I was saying that he would be eligible for the first half of the season but not the second one. It's not a great time to say anyone doesn't know something.

It actually is a wonderful time to say and catch you lying while saying it.

Can you actually provide the statement where I said that he "could be eligible without a waiver"?

long time guy wrote:
Probably Second Semester Next Season at the earliest.

Ok so you misquoted me. Shocking. The only reason "probably" was inserted was because I don't know when their 2nd semester starts. You also provided nothing pertaining to waivers but you were "sure' that is what I said.

I know the rule. You don't. That rule has always been in effect. You said he couldn't play in the 2nd Semester if he didn't play in the first. That was incorrect. You don't know what you are talking about.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:51 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

How?

Once again, he has played basketball games during the second semester, so he would not be able to count this semester as a semester of sitting out.

If he does not get a waiver, the earliest he could play would be the season after the next one.

That wasn't your original comment.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:53 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Is this a factually correct statement? If so, how?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:54 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Ok so you misquoted me. Shocking. The only reason "probably" was inserted was because I don't know when their 2nd semester starts.

I know the rule. You don't. That rule has always been in effect. You said he couldn't play in the 2nd Semester if he didn't play in the first. That was incorrect. You don't know what you are talking about.
I did know that Kentucky has started the second semester. It's pretty easy to look that up.

I am aware that other players, if they transfer in the first semester, can be eligible for the second semester of the next year. He however would not qualify.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:57 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

It is. This will be the last time I will explain it.

If he gets a waiver to be eligible immediately, he will be available for the first and second semesters next year.
If he does not get a waiver, then he will not be eligible for the first or second semesters next year based on him playing basketball for KY in the first and second semester this year.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:57 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ok so you misquoted me. Shocking. The only reason "probably" was inserted was because I don't know when their 2nd semester starts.

I did know that Kentucky has started the second semester. It's pretty easy to look that up.

I am aware that other players, if they transfer in the first semester, can be eligible for the second semester of the next year. He however would not qualify.

That still wasn't your original point.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:00 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

That still wasn't your original point.
Yes it was. It was exactly what I said.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:09 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

It is. This will be the last time I will explain it.

If he gets a waiver to be eligible immediately, he will be available for the first and second semesters next year.
If he does not get a waiver, then he will not be eligible for the first or second semesters next year based on him playing basketball for KY in the first and second semester this year.

Your original point had nothing to do with waivers. You only inserted it once it became apparent you didn't know anything and it is still not relevant.
He could be eligible to play 2nd Semester next year whether he gets a waiver or not. The only thing that would prevent it would be if he participated in the 2nd semester this season. That wasn't your point. You clearly stated that he wouldn't be eligible in the 2nd if he weren't eligible in the first. That is false. You know neither the kid nor the rule quite obviously. I will be sure to remind you of this next time you try and play "Mr. NCAA" for the class.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:17 pm 

long time guy wrote:
You clearly stated that he wouldn't be eligible in the 2nd if he weren't eligible in the first. That is false.
No, that is 100% true. He isn't a midyear eligibility candidate because he was playing for Kentucky in the 2nd semester.

You are acting like Donald Trump in this thread. Saying "wrong" 100 times doesn't make you right.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:18 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
You clearly stated that he wouldn't be eligible in the 2nd if he weren't eligible in the first. That is false.
No, that is 100% true. He isn't a midyear eligibility candidate because he was playing for Kentucky in the 2nd semester.

You are acting like Donald Trump in this thread. Saying "wrong" 100 times doesn't make you right.

And you are still lying.
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:21 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

And you are still lying.
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol:

You keep on quoting something that is true. He has played basketball for Kentucky in the second semester. You aren't midyear eligible if you do that and transfer.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:26 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:

And you are still lying.
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol:

You keep on quoting something that is true. He has played basketball for Kentucky in the second semester. You aren't midyear eligible if you do that and transfer.

Stop. You're embarrassing yourself. You don't know the rule. Even saying "he could have transferred in Dec and "plausibly" played 2nd Semester demonstrated that you don't know what hell you are talking about. There is no "plausible" about. You're going to play 2nd semester unless you get injured, transfer, or flunk out.

The rule is two academic semesters. It isn't even a full calendar year. TWO ACADEMIC SEMESTERS.

I hope you understand the difference.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:31 pm 

Since he played second semester at Kentucky, he is currently has to sit out a full year based on the rules. He could get a waiver from NCAA for all or half of next year. But you never know what the NCAA will do. Which is why I think he goes pro. I guess he could get around it if he finds a school on the quarter system.

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/cu ... sfer-terms
To satisfy an academic year in residence, you must be enrolled in and successfully complete a full-time program of studies for two-full semesters or three-full quarters. Summer school terms and part-time enrollment do not count toward fulfilling an academic year in residence.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:32 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Stop. You're embarrassing yourself. You don't know the rule. Even saying "he could have transferred in Dec and "plausibly" played 2nd Semester demonstrated that you don't know what hell you are talking about. There is no "plausible" about. You're going to play 2nd semester unless you get injured, transfer, or flunk out.
Do you know what plausible means? It is the same as probable. You described some of the reasons he may not get to play in the second semester. He probably would be eligible though mid year eligibility now seems to be pretty rare in major college basketball. It's probably not worth it to only play half a season.

long time guy wrote:
The rule is two academic semesters. It isn't even a full calendar year. TWO ACADEMIC SEMESTERS.
Do you know what semester means? It means half the school year not counting the summer session. Of course it isn't a full calendar year.

long time guy wrote:
Do you know what understand means? I would guess no.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:40 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

This is your original statement. It is clear what you said and you continue to lie about it anyway. Do you have any integrity at all? Clearly not.

what is interesting is that you definitively stated "won't". Yet you still lie.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:42 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

This is your original statement. It is clear what you said and you continue to lie about it anyway. Do you have any integrity at all? Clearly not

Because he played in the second semester this year, he won't be eligible for the second semester next season if he isn't available for the first. That's not a lie. It's the facts.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:43 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Do you know what plausible means? It is the same as probable. You described some of the reasons he may not get to play in the second semester. He probably would be eligible though mid year eligibility now seems to be pretty rare in major college basketball. It's probably not worth it to only play half a season.

long time guy wrote:
Do you know what semester means? It means half the school year not counting the summer session. Of course it isn't a full calendar year.

long time guy wrote:
Do you know what understand means? I would guess no.

I'm the guy clarifying for you.

You don't know a damn thing. Not about the kid. Not about the transfer rule. NOthing. You forge on anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:44 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

This is your original statement. It is clear what you said and you continue to lie about it anyway. Do you have any integrity at all? Clearly not

Because he played in the second semester this year, he won't be eligible for the second semester next season if he isn't available for the first. That's not a lie. It's the facts.

And yet you still lie. No integrity at all.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:45 pm 

I'll trust Calipari then, who was barely playing him. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:47 pm 

And lie.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:52 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Since he played second semester at Kentucky, he is currently has to sit out a full year based on the rules. He could get a waiver from NCAA for all or half of next year. But you never know what the NCAA will do. Which is why I think he goes pro. I guess he could get around it if he finds a school on the quarter system.

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/cu ... sfer-terms
To satisfy an academic year in residence, you must be enrolled in and successfully complete a full-time program of studies for two-full semesters or three-full quarters. Summer school terms and part-time enrollment do not count toward fulfilling an academic year in residence.

Its hard to say with this one. He might try and pull it but going pro given his diminishing draft status is a big time gamble. No player in college's stock has plummeted the way that his has.

If he has to sit out til 2021 then its going to be tough too. He already has an NBA body so he wouldn't have to work much in that area. His skill level is what hurt him and I already saw where they had him reevaluated as a 4 on some draft boards.

Its tough to say that he should not have gone there since he was a consensus top 10 guy in High School. With Calipari if you don't have it he aborts mission quickly. I hope he transfers to Illinois or Depaul.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:21 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised at all if he turns up at Illinois or Depaul.

Probably Illinois
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... diminishes
When would he be eligible to play?

Probably Second Semester Next Season at the earliest. He may be able to get one of those waivers which allows him to play immediately next season however.

He could get a waiver because the NCAA is way too lenient on handing those out now.

You don't even understand transfer rules yet you comport yourself as if you are Mr. NCAA
If you transfer from a four-year college to an NCAA school, you must complete one academic year in residence at the new school before you can play for or receive travel expenses from the new school, unless you qualify for a transfer exception or waiver.
http://www.ncaa.org › current › transfer-t...
Transfer terms |
Yes, and he has played in games during the 2nd semester at Kentucky. That makes it impossible for him to complete one academic year in residence at a new school. If he had transferred in December it was plausible he could be eligible for the 2nd semester.

And you still have got it wrong. Damn. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote:
By leaving now, Whitney could transfer to another program and enroll for the spring semester,becoming eligible to play again by spring 2021 at the latest, though he did not specify his future plans. It's possible he could pursue a professional career or focus on preparing for the NBA draft in June.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:29 pm 

I don't think that is accurate but I guess we'll see if he does in fact start playing in January of 2021.

This article indicates I am right.
https://sports.yahoo.com/kentucky-kahlil-whitney-transferring-171309709.html
Quote:
Whitney’s statement does not mention transferring, but if he did opt to head to a different school, he will not be eligible to play until 2021-22 without a waiver.

I guess it is possible he could try and get a waiver to not count his games at Kentucky in the 2nd semester but I don't know if that has ever been granted before.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:30 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
He'll be playing before you guys finish talking about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:33 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I don't think that is accurate but I guess we'll see if he does in fact start playing in January of 2021.

This article indicates I am right.
https://sports.yahoo.com/kentucky-kahlil-whitney-transferring-171309709.html
Quote:
Whitney’s statement does not mention transferring, but if he did opt to head to a different school, he will not be eligible to play until 2021-22 without a waiver.

I guess it is possible he could try and get a waiver to not count his games at Kentucky in the 2nd semester but I don't know if that has ever been granted before.

I doubt he makes the move if didn't already know that he could be playing in the spring of 2021 at the latest. IF he has to wait til 2021 then he might as well have finished the season with Kentucky.

It makes no sense to transfer and sit out a year and a half.

Guys that transfer mid season Usually do it because they know that they will become eligible at the end of the first semester the following season. Meaning they already know that they will be playing games in Dec. He probably will only miss about 8-9 games regardless of where he transfers. That is more than likely why he did it now.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:40 pm 

long time guy wrote:
I doubt he makes the move if didn't already know that he could be playing in the spring of 2021 at the latest. IF he has to wait til 2021 then he might as well have finished the season with Kentucky.
It does make a chance of a waiver more likely to do it now. There is no way he can know he can play in spring of 2021. If he wanted to know that then he had to do it in December.

long time guy wrote:
It makes no sense to transfer and sit out a year and a half.
His goal is the NBA draft. This gives him more time to see if he can find a way to get drafted. Kentucky was barely playing him. It was hurting his draft stock to stay there.