It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NCAA D1 2020: Its a go!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:32 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... n-on-time/

Starting on time too. If there's two things America wont stop fixating on no matter what its the lord's game and the race war.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:49 am 

Still not totally sold on this. ESPN is floating the possibility of using their top CFB broadcast team on MNF if the college season doesn't start on time. Why would they float that scenario?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:07 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Let's hope they allow fans, who drive the games...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:22 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
ESPN trying their hardest to dance around the what if scenarios right now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Notre Dame and other schools moving their fall semesters up to early August. If you're not having fans at the games, redoing the schedule shouldn't be a big deal. Put the players in camp right after 4th of July, start the season end of July. Be the first major sport to resume play while all the other sports are fighting over bullshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:36 am 

How are these colleges going to prevent college kids from socializing in person away from football?

Seems impossible.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:51 am 

Hussra wrote:
Notre Dame and other schools moving their fall semesters up to early August. If you're not having fans at the games, redoing the schedule shouldn't be a big deal. Put the players in camp right after 4th of July, start the season end of July. Be the first major sport to resume play while all the other sports are fighting over bullshit.

If kids are in school, sharing virus' with each other, why not allow them to be in the stands?

Students only

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:53 am 

I think the assumption is that as long as the college kids are only in proximity to other college kids they'll just infect/re-infect each other.
So professors in high risk groups won't be teaching in-person classes. large lecture hall style classes will be virtual only. Students will be assigned groups of other students and areas to which they are supposed to restrict themselves (good luck with that). Dining halls all closed. Meals will be picked up and taken back to your dorm to eat. No high risk extra-curricular activities like choir or phys-ed or rush week gangbangs etc etc And the terms are running without break and then they are closing campus before thanksgiving until sometime in 2021 (TBD depending on corona wave two).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:56 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Hussra wrote:

If kids are in school, sharing virus' with each other, why not allow them to be in the stands?

Students only

Seems very possible. And wouldn't make switching up the schedules a big deal. Probably not gonna happen tho.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:00 am 

Hussra wrote:
I think the assumption is that as long as the college kids are only in proximity to other college kids they'll just infect/re-infect each other.
So professors in high risk groups won't be teaching in-person classes. large lecture hall style classes will be virtual only. Students will be assigned groups of other students and areas to which they are supposed to restrict themselves (good luck with that). Dining halls all closed. Meals will be picked up and taken back to your dorm to eat. No high risk extra-curricular activities like choir or phys-ed or rush week gangbangs etc etc And the terms are running without break and then they are closing campus before thanksgiving until sometime in 2021 (TBD depending on corona wave two).

Sounds great in theory my friend.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:33 pm 

Arizona vs Arizona State has a booth of Ernie Johnson, Bill Walton and some other guy. Wtf?