It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:46 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
RFDC wrote:
RFDC wrote:
They look really good right now. They may actually be the best team in the country. I still think Baylor is better. Maybe we will get to see them matchup in the tourney

I knew you’d come around.

I like the high expectations. Will make it even more fun to see them fall. :D That is the joy of college sports.

If Kofi gets the Sean May ref special for his NCAA run, nobody will come within 10 points of them and most teams will only have 3 players on the court at the end of the game.

:lol: Sean may!!! :D

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:04 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Watching the B12 Championship.

The B10 conference is so much better than everybody else.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:06 pm 

If Livers is done then Illinois is better.

Gonzaga or Baylor still the national champs.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:14 pm 

An Illini title national title would be cool though. Big Ten needs to start winning some.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:20 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
30 seconds left and OKSt is able to line up a 3 set his feet and take a 3pt set shot.

Tight D.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:37 pm 

Watching the B12 Championship.

The B10 conference is so much better than everybody else.

No doubt the B10 is the best overall in the CBB this season.

But there are teams in the B12 that are dangerous. I wouldnt want to face a texas or an Okla state in the tourney.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:57 pm 

Anybody in the top 10-15 can be dangerous.

I’m dangerous.

If they let the B10 teams play B10 basketball in the Tourney, there are going to be some long runs. Iowa won’t know what to do with all those open shots playing some of these teams.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:06 pm 

I’m dangerous.

If they let the B10 teams play B10 basketball in the Tourney, there are going to be some long runs. Iowa won’t know what to do with all those open shots playing some of these teams.

I like when you get cocky Doc. Makes things fun around here.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:10 pm 

pizza_Place: What??

If they let the B10 teams play B10 basketball in the Tourney...

That's always been a problem through the years.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's

I’m dangerous.

Don’t take this as a criticism of the quality of universities that you like.

But, in all the sports played by these institutions, have they experienced anything that could be considered...success?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Antonio's
Big Ten is second overall in national titles in team sports. SEC is a distant 3rd. Pac-12 is in front by almost 200

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:56 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

I’m dangerous.

But, in all the sports played by these institutions, have they experienced anything that could be considered...success?

The golf team is pretty good.

And beer, chicks, some of the states in America are pretty good and all that.

Shouldn’t you be listening to songs that are depressing even by Country standards?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:

I’m dangerous.

The golf team is pretty good.

And beer, chicks, some of the states in America are pretty good and all that.

Shouldn’t you be listening to songs that are depressing even by Country standards?

I don't know of any country songs written about Illini athletic endeavors.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Steve Scheffler wrote:
Big Ten is second overall in national titles in team sports. SEC is a distant 3rd. Pac-12 is in front by almost 200

What sports are you counting? Let's just eliminate all women's sports and use football, baseball and basketball, hockey.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:38 am 

RFDC wrote:

I’m dangerous.

Good reason to be cocky, this is the best Illinois team in my lifetime..maybe his too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:43 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
312player wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I’m dangerous.

Good reason to be cocky, this is the best Illinois team in my lifetime..maybe his too.

Were you born after 1989?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:58 am 

I was 10 or 11 when that 89 team played. They losf in the final 4 to Michigan..I believe. This team should get that far and probably further.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:10 am 
Site Admin

312player wrote:
I was 10 or 11 when that 89 team played. They losf in the final 4 to Michigan..I believe. This team should get that far and probably further.

They may. But they aren't a better team.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

Michigan caught lightning in a bottle. Fuckers.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:40 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

Yep. The 89 is best Illinois team I have ever seen. I dont think this years team is better than the 2005 team either, but that is a closer discussion.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

Yep. The 89 is best Illinois team I have ever seen. I dont think this years team is better than the 2005 team either, but that is a closer discussion.

I think they are more talented than the '05 team. Not sure if they are "better". We'll see how they do.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:18 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

The 89 team's only deficiency was their head coach. With a real coach, they'd easily have won the title.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

The 89 team's only deficiency was their head coach. With a real coach, they'd easily have won the title.

I don't really remember if Lou fucked up that game. It was just a freakish thing. If they had played Michigan 100 times they would have been 90-10.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:00 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

I dont know about easily, but the coach was a problem. I used to love hearing Knight go off on Henson. He had very little respect for him as a coach.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

RFDC wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

I dont know about easily, but the coach was a problem. I used to love hearing Knight go off on Henson. He had very little respect for him as a coach.

I would consider Bobby Knight disrespecting me a badge of honor. Is there any question in retrospect that Knight was a piece of shit and Henson, while not as good a basketball coach, was a decent human being?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:16 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

I would consider Bobby Knight disrespecting me a badge of honor. Is there any question in retrospect that Knight was a piece of shit and Henson, while not as good a basketball coach, was a decent human being?

Last I knew we were discussing basketball and Knight was WORLDS better as a coach than Henson could ever be. Feel free to start a thread on decent human beings and we can discuss the greatness of Henson :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:31 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

A young Reader used to pull balls out of the net for a college aged Quinn Buckner and loved Coach Knight. Still do.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:32 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
A young Reader used to pull balls out of the net for a college aged Quinn Buckner and loved Coach Knight. Still do.

He's a terrible person though and he's proven it time and time again. I don't question him as a basketball coach. He was probably the best ever.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
312player wrote:

When Knight's teams were pummeling the Illini, I wonder if Lou just laid back and enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:50 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

He's a terrible person though and he's proven it time and time again. I don't question him as a basketball coach. He was probably the best ever.

I don't know. As a former athlete who appreciated coaches who looked out for and generally protected the kids they had, I have a spot for them.

Despite Greg Graham and Neil Reed.

Hell, I quit on a shot at the Olympic trials because I hated my college coach.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next