It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Tournament time!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Brick wrote:
I look forward to the 30 for 30 when all the shadiness comes out about Scott Drew and Baylor.

My favorite story is still how Baylor assistant coaches threatened to get a player deported if he didn't choose Baylor. He would end up going to Indiana instead and not get deported.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2010/10/12/baylor-in-hot-water-over-perea-recruitment/

who gives a shit about anything shady he did? It's NCAA, all that matters is the result. I'd bet there isn't a single team in the history of NCAA that won the title and didn't cheat along the way.

Good for Scott Drew taking what could be argued was the absolute worst program in NCAA basketball and turning them into a national champ in less than 20 years. As long as he didn't murder anyone to do it (not a given when talking about Baylor basketball) he's squeaky clean in my book. I doubt he did anything that doesn't pale in comparison to the cheating that goes on at Duke, Kentucky and those types of teams.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:38 am 

shakes wrote:
Brick wrote:
I look forward to the 30 for 30 when all the shadiness comes out about Scott Drew and Baylor.

My favorite story is still how Baylor assistant coaches threatened to get a player deported if he didn't choose Baylor. He would end up going to Indiana instead and not get deported.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2010/10/12/baylor-in-hot-water-over-perea-recruitment/

who gives a shit about anything shady he did? It's NCAA, all that matters is the result. I'd bet there isn't a single team in the history of NCAA that won the title and didn't cheat along the way.

Good for Scott Drew taking what could be argued was the absolute worst program in NCAA basketball and turning them into a national champ in less than 20 years. As long as he didn't murder anyone to do it (not a given when talking about Baylor basketball) he's squeaky clean in my book. I doubt he did anything that doesn't pale in comparison to the cheating that goes on at Duke, Kentucky and those types of teams.

That's certainly one way to look at it.

I'll still wish the national champ hadn't threatened to deport a kid because he went to a different school.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Brick wrote:
shakes wrote:
Brick wrote:

I'll still wish the national champ hadn't threatened to deport a kid because he went to a different school.

Do you? That's nice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:52 am 

Nardi wrote:
Brick wrote:
shakes wrote:
Brick wrote:

Do you? That's nice.

:lol: :lol: Right? Who gives a fuck about some stupid kid?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:53 am 

deport em all I say!!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
shakes wrote:
Brick wrote:

school A gives momma a job and 100k to the kid. School B threatens to deport a kid if he doesn't play for them.

Yeah, no difference there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I’m sure the assistant was appropriately reprimanded for his inappropriate use of negative reinforcement in recruiting.

Given the kid ended up elsewhere, I think we’ve all learned a valuable lesson that carrots beat sticks any day.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:17 am 

City of Fools wrote:
shakes wrote:
Brick wrote:

school A gives momma a job and 100k to the kid. School B threatens to deport a kid if he doesn't play for them.

Yeah, no difference there.

School A is a blue blood with an endless wallet and connections to offer recruits.

School B is a bottom of the barrel program scraping by and trying to get creative to compete with the School A's of the world.

if anything I admire School B and it's out of the box tactics. That type of thinking is probably why Drew was able to do the impossible with this program.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:26 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Amazing how Baylor bulldozed thru the tournament, and NOBODY is talkin about them.

Only talkin about how Gonzaga lost and that they are still the favorites next year.

I dont get it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:51 am 

pizza_Place: What??
whistler wrote:
Amazing how Baylor bulldozed thru the tournament, and NOBODY is talkin about them.

Only talkin about how Gonzaga lost and that they are still the favorites next year.

I dont get it.

They'll strip them of it within 2 years.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11