It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
I'll start this off with some big and expected news. #1 player in the country, Chet Holmgren, has committed to Gonzaga.

If you haven't seen Chet play, check out the link. He's a unicorn/monster if ever there was one. And he has a bit of a mean streak too which will only serve a player with that frame well.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamzagoria/2021/04/19/gonzaga-lands-7-foot-unicorn-chet-holmgren-projected-no-1-pick-in-2022/?sh=5801340025ac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
That's one skinny white kid.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
woj is reporting brad stevens turned down 7 yr 70M from indiana. meanwhile mike woodson accepted the job before they could even tell him the contract terms

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:20 pm 

billypootons wrote:
woj is reporting brad stevens turned down 7 yr 70M from indiana. meanwhile mike woodson accepted the job before they could even tell him the contract terms

I was pretty down on the Woodson hire and I would clearly much rather have Stevens.

But Woodson has impressed me so far. Fife on board as assistant. Got Jackson Davis back from the transfer portal and got Tamar Bates to commit. That is a pretty good opening month for him. Maybe he wont be as bad as I expected.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:35 am 

Terrance Clark who played at Kentucky last year was racing cars wtih teammate BJ Boston after a pre draft workout in LA yesterday, Clark went through a red light and was killed in a crash. David Wesley, er I mean BJ Boston, stopped at the light and wasn't injured.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:36 am 

shakes wrote:
Terrance Clark who played at Kentucky last year was racing cars wtih teammate BJ Boston after a pre draft workout in LA yesterday, Clark went through a red light and was killed in a crash. David Wesley, er I mean BJ Boston, stopped at the light and wasn't injured.

Terrible story.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:50 am 

#4 High School recruit in the country spurns Duke and Georgetown to stay home and play for his dad at Wisconsin-Milwaukee, pretty cool.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 11:46 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
#4 High School recruit in the country spurns Duke and Georgetown to stay home and play for his dad at Wisconsin-Milwaukee, pretty cool.

pretty short sighted move by the family. Rather than have the son follow dad to some crap school wouldn't it have been smarter to have dad use his son to land a much better coaching gig and bring the kid with him?

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 12:50 pm 

shakes wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

pretty short sighted move by the family. Rather than have the son follow dad to some crap school wouldn't it have been smarter to have dad use his son to land a much better coaching gig and bring the kid with him?

My guess is, they must be happy here.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 1:33 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
shakes wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

impossible

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 1:35 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
shakes wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

impossible

Well it's no Missourah, but it isn't that bad.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 1:55 pm 

shakes wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

It means he is most likely headed to the G League Harlem Globetrotter squad and will never play in college so he is having his dad get some national publicity.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:51 pm 

The countries leading narcissist Coach Gay announced he will be retiring NEXT year. Of course he made this announcement so he can spend the next season watching everyone lick his balls. I hope he gets hit by a car driven by Boeheim this summer.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:53 pm 

Quote:
The transfer market received a high-profile late addition on Thursday when Illinois big man Kofi Cockburn entered the portal on deadline day for players wishing for immediate eligibility at their new schools next season. Cockburn earned second-team All-American honors from CBS Sports as a sophomore while averaging 17.7 points and 9.5 rebounds for an Illini squad that earned a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

Cockburn is also going through the NBA's pre-draft process and has not withdrawn his name from professional consideration. If he does return to college basketball and transfers from Illinois, Cockburn would be one of the game's most impactful transfers in the season ahead. Though he lacks an outside shot, the 7-footer is one of the most dominant interior players in the nation.

Losing Cockburn to another school would be a tough blow for Illinois as the Illini are also losing leading scorer Ayo Dosunmu to the NBA Draft and promising young guard Adam Miller to LSU via transfer from last season's 24-7 squad. Illinois assistants Chin Coleman and Orlando Antigua also left the program for Kentucky, which has been an active force in recruiting transfers following a dismal 9-16 season.

Cockburn is ranked No. 82 on the CBS Sports NBA Draft Big Board.

Frank Coztansa wrote: