It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Angie's
good dolphin wrote:
There has to be some way to insure over an injury and let them wet their beak with an appearance fee.

Still, are less people watching the Rose Bowl because Olave sat out?

Jeff George's dad took out insurance on him during his last year.

If this trend continues, I can see people not caring as much. OSU almost lost to an inferior (but decent) Utah team. Penn State was lifeless against the Fighting Hawgers.

Nick Saban said (about five years ago) that the playoffs would kill the bowls, partially because of this reason. I hope he is not right.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:58 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Really pleased with my Razorbacks this year and their 9-4 record with arguably the hardest schedule in college football. To think where they were 2 years ago and to have gotten to play on New Years this is pretty remarkable.

They had a really good season. They were a few breaks away from winning 11 or 12 games, including that biggie early on.

Few programs have gone up and down the last thirty years the way Arkansas has. Danny Ford fizzled out there, and I thought Petrino and Bielema would be better.

The good thing is that when the Illini win the Nat'l Championship, Arkansas fans can celebrate with us.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:15 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
That avatar is scary Tommy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:21 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
That avatar is scary Tommy

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:38 pm 

Wayne Kerr wrote:

Someone please tell me what Kirk Herbstreit adds in any capacity on television. He even blew as a quarterback.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:05 pm 

If bowl games mattered, the coaches wouldn't leave before them.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:35 pm 

conns7901 wrote:

Herbstreit never has had a problem with that though. Hell, if another network would offer him more money he'd jump in a heartbeat.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:08 pm 

Wayne Kerr wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Really pleased with my Razorbacks this year and their 9-4 record with arguably the hardest schedule in college football. To think where they were 2 years ago and to have gotten to play on New Years this is pretty remarkable.

They had a really good season. They were a few breaks away from winning 11 or 12 games, including that biggie early on.

Few programs have gone up and down the last thirty years the way Arkansas has. Danny Ford fizzled out there, and I thought Petrino and Bielema would be better.

The good thing is that when the Illini win the Nat'l Championship, Arkansas fans can celebrate with us.

That would be amazing. Petrino was set up until he couldn't keep his dick in his pants. Bielema made a crucial mistake in not setting up shop in Texas. Arkansas has always had good success recruiting there and for whatever reason, he made no attempt. Danny Ford :lol:, what a blast from the past. I think he ended up coaching at Memphis State.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:04 pm 

I'm not saying Whittingham was on the take but it seemed very suspicious that he would not have used his three timeouts with a minute to go and Ohio State at the 1, resulting in OSU kicking a field goal to win by 3 and not cover the 4 point spread rather than scoring a TD to cover. He was left with only enough time to try to run back a kickoff and went with this three timeouts into the off season.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:06 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Wayne Kerr wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

That would be amazing. Petrino was set up until he couldn't keep his dick in his pants. Bielema made a crucial mistake in not setting up shop in Texas. Arkansas has always had good success recruiting there and for whatever reason, he made no attempt. Danny Ford :lol:, what a blast from the past. I think he ended up coaching at Memphis State.

I assume Bielema must have been out of his element, or just didn't listen to the folks who told him where to recruit? I think he has humbled some since then, but I am glad that he is at Illinois. Also, I forgot Petrino left with some pretty strong teams. I think his program at Louisville (the second time) turned kinda bad.

Danny Ford....I think he got zapped for something. He was so successful, and then nothing.

That '98 game against Tennessee still bugs me....they had it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:08 pm 

Wayne Kerr wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Wayne Kerr wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I assume Bielema must have been out of his element, or just didn't listen to the folks who told him where to recruit? I think he has humbled some since then, but I am glad that he is at Illinois. Also, I forgot Petrino left with some pretty strong teams. I think his program at Louisville (the second time) turned kinda bad.

Danny Ford....I think he got zapped for something. He was so successful, and then nothing.

I absolutely hate Tennessee and just spent a week down there. At least they lost the bowl game.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:15 pm 

conns7901 wrote:

They matter, just not to a coach or player on the rise. Maybe they will turn the bowls into the Prep Bowl playoffs, where teams can give next year's players playing time.

At some point, we're gonna have to address the fact that the name on the back now means more than the name on the front. I have no issue with players trying to make the money that others in the sport have access to, but this attitude is gonna spread to other levels, if it has not already.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:16 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Wayne Kerr wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Wayne Kerr wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I absolutely hate Tennessee and just spent a week down there. At least they lost the bowl game.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:56 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Wayne Kerr wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Wayne Kerr wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Hawg hate is pretty damn funny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:26 am 

Wayne Kerr wrote:
Take your pants off, Brick!

No one wants that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:33 pm 

With Caleb Williams hitting the transfer portal; let the bidding war start!

USC, come on down!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:57 pm 

This transfer portal is becoming problematic in both football and basketball.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:12 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

Not for the kids in a bidding war.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:21 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
good dolphin wrote:

It's the LeBron Generation.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:15 am 

he built a winner
where no winner's seed
could ever find purchase.
a miracle sower in salty earth.

and while his successor's eight wins
might produce less pleasure
than a freshly-captured illibuck,
cold in your throbbing victor's hands,

know that to an illini fan
eight wins sounds
like a threesome--

the good kind,
not you
and your buddy
home from the navy
and the hippie chick he met
when she boarded
(with a failing capped tooth
and a bag full of gummies melted
together into a clump
the size of a man's fist)
the greyhound in kankakee,

headed for anywhere better,
anyone better,
anyplace but the past

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:05 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

A guy like Yesefu was a budding star at Drake who undoubtedly would have gotten a shot at the NBA. Now, he'll get to tell all the kids in his gym class that he played for Kansas for a couple of years.

I understand transferring because of a bad fit but it seems like kids are leaving good situations for arbitrary reasons these days.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:20 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

A guy like Yesefu was a budding star at Drake who undoubtedly would have gotten a shot at the NBA. Now, he'll get to tell all the kids in his gym class that he played for Kansas for a couple of years.

I understand transferring because of a bad fit but it seems like kids are leaving good situations for arbitrary reasons these days.

Change is inevitable, but it would be nice if people admitted that we're losing some valuable things along the way.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
JJ McCarthy is next

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:48 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:

Sorry but coming from a guy who's made well into the nine figures, it's leaving me flat.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Jbi11s wrote:

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22