It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Illini
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:24 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Kid just wants a Jesuit education. It's a sign of maturity.

Didn't you say you were a ND HS booster? I assume that's Notre Dame High School. Aren't they affiliated with the Holy Cross order?

Christian Brothers, I think. You may be right though.

TM is correct.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:35 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Franky T wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
All the Illini-haters can celebrate.

This program will fall apart in this offseason and have to start over. Very disappointing.

At this point, the Illinois basketball program has been inconsequential for so long that it's hard to take joy in the team's failures.

I still do. But it's just harder than it used to be. :lol:

Make fun of their lack of success all you want, but they were a #1 seed last year. That's hardly "inconsequential".

A #1 seed that got bounced in round 2 by 8th seed Loyola....seems pretty inconsequential to me :lol:

Vaxxed Bob showing his stupidity yet again and completely missing the point.

What is the point then? I'm no fan of Bob, but yeah, a team that hasn't seen the second week of the tournament since 2005 being a 1 seed and again losing the first weekend is still inconsequential.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:38 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Didn't you say you were a ND HS booster? I assume that's Notre Dame High School. Aren't they affiliated with the Holy Cross order?

High school is too expensive now to send a kid to a place just because his siblings went there, like in the past. Schools have different characters and missions and it requires some work to find the best fit. I did the same thing for grade school

I am very happy with NDHS and will gladly support it in the future. It has been only tangentially affiliated with Holy Cross for about the last 15 years, although its imprint remains on the school. Essentially, alums took over control of the school. Things looked dire but it has turned out to be a success story. It is the biggest boys only school in the state and had its largest class in decades enter last year.

I also support multiple levels of Jesuit schools as well as other causes by other groups.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:15 pm 

Sorry Dr Ken.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:41 pm 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

High school is too expensive now to send a kid to a place just because his siblings went there, like in the past. Schools have different characters and missions and it requires some work to find the best fit. I did the same thing for grade school

I am very happy with NDHS and will gladly support it in the future. It has been only tangentially affiliated with Holy Cross for about the last 15 years, although its imprint remains on the school. Essentially, alums took over control of the school. Things looked dire but it has turned out to be a success story. It is the biggest boys only school in the state and had its largest class in decades enter last year.

I also support multiple levels of Jesuit schools as well as other causes by other groups.

Are there Jesuit grade schools?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:51 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

don't know but I think there are in other countries

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I have friends and relatives who sent their kids to NDHS. It seems like a great school. It is terrific at instilling the values of community involvement, service, and social responsibility in its students.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:08 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

don't know but I think there are in other countries

There is one on the west side - Jesuit Academy - tuition free school - believe it's upper grades (5-8)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:47 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I have friends and relatives who sent their kids to NDHS. It seems like a great school. It is terrific at instilling the values of community involvement, service, and social responsibility in its students.

There is something to be said for the brotherhood formed by not being co ed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:53 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
good dolphin wrote:
There is something to be said for the brotherhood formed by not being co ed.

It certainly removes a lot of problems/issues. But it was a disaster for me socially. I didn't know how to talk to women until I was well into my twenties. I think if you have a gregarious outgoing kid who has a lot of female friends going into high school then an all-boys school is probably fine for him. But I wouldn't impose that on a kid.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Seacrest wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
My tournament loyalties are once again open to bidders. RFP is issued. We do discriminate based on religion and ethnicity.

Visited St Peter's with Young Crest 18 months ago.

I'm leaning their way at this point.

The mighty Peacocks.

From a very gritty neighborhood in Jersey City.

What prompted his interest in that school? I had never heard of it until this year.

Loves New York.

And was a level of college hoops he could play at pre pandemic.

He looked at Davidson, some Ivy League schools and a couple of other schools near there around the same level. Manhattan, Fordham, Rider for instance.

The hoops angle sheds some light on the decision to look. It's amazing how many small Catholic colleges are scattered throughout the country.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
My tournament loyalties are once again open to bidders. RFP is issued. We do discriminate based on religion and ethnicity.

Visited St Peter's with Young Crest 18 months ago.

I'm leaning their way at this point.

The mighty Peacocks.

From a very gritty neighborhood in Jersey City.

What prompted his interest in that school? I had never heard of it until this year.

Loves New York.

And was a level of college hoops he could play at pre pandemic.

He looked at Davidson, some Ivy League schools and a couple of other schools near there around the same level. Manhattan, Fordham, Rider for instance.

Warren Newson wrote:
The hoops angle sheds some light on the decision to look. It's amazing how many small Catholic colleges are scattered throughout the country.

He gave up hoops and doesn't miss at all.

The pandemic really opened up his eyes to the academics.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:10 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Seacrest wrote:
He gave up hoops and doesn't miss at all.

The pandemic really opened up his eyes to the academics.

God bless him if he doesn't have that itch.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:53 pm 

Brick wrote:
That's a real rumor by the way. Woodson and Fife are not getting along.

Fife is gone.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:57 pm 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

Fife is gone.

Yeah was jut reading that. Sucks. He was one of the reasons I was ok with Woody so far this year. Sounds like he had pretty much no input on things at all and Woody was using some consultants over his assistants. If true, I dont blame him for leaving at all.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:00 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

Fife is gone.

Yeah was jut reading that. Sucks. He was one of the reasons I was ok with Woody so far this year. Sounds like he had pretty much no input on things at all and Woody was using some consultants over his assistants. If true, I dont blame him for leaving at all.
It's a Fife problem. He was also not very well liked at MSU and was told he was no longer in the running to replace Izzo. It sounds like he's just a jerk that no one really likes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:37 pm 

Brick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

Fife is gone.

It's a Fife problem. He was also not very well liked at MSU and was told he was no longer in the running to replace Izzo. It sounds like he's just a jerk that no one really likes.

Yeah that definitely seems to be a part of it too. I think him and Woody were too similar for it to work. And I am guessing Fife wanted more input and maybe even some type of transition plan to be the next coach.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Hey Doc - We’re heading to the campus tomorrow. Any recs on where to grab a casual lunch? Sandwiches or something else worth targeting in the area?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Murphy’s on Green St. I wish I had money when I was on campus. I loved their fries.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Hey Doc - We’re heading to the campus tomorrow. Any recs on where to grab a casual lunch? Sandwiches or something else worth targeting in the area?

Garcia's. University & Mattis or some shit.

Good stuff.

Also fazoli's.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
denisdman wrote:
Murphy’s on Green St. I wish I had money when I was on campus. I loved their fries.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:52 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Thanks!

Yes. Black Dog is pretty good BBQ as another option slightly off-campus a few blocks toward downtown Champaign.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:23 am 
Site Admin

whistler wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Good stuff.

Also fazoli's.

Fazoli's? Come on, whistler! That's a shitty chain like Sbarro. I didn't even know they had them as far west as Champaign.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:47 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
whistler wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Good stuff.

Also fazoli's.

Fazoli's? Come on, whistler! That's a shitty chain like Sbarro. I didn't even know they had them as far west as Champaign.

Ever shit in a Fazoli's? Top notch. Charmin. On a regular roll.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:18 am 

pizza_Place: Amato's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
whistler wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Good stuff.

Also fazoli's.

And Garcia's? Is Whistler living in the 80's?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:37 am 
Site Admin

Peter Puck wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
whistler wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Good stuff.

Also fazoli's.

And Garcia's? Is Whistler living in the 80's?

:lol: I have to admit I have a fondness for Garcia's but I'm gonna guess if I ate it now I'd think, "Man, this isn't so great."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:42 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
It's in downtown Urbana and, therefore, not on campus, but the Courier Cafe is my favorite lunch spot in the CU area.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:28 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Warren Newson wrote:
It's in downtown Urbana and, therefore, not on campus, but the Courier Cafe is my favorite lunch spot in the CU area.

My wife and kids like that place a lot. I’ve never been there.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:45 am 
Site Admin

Speaking of downstate pizza, a guy I used to hang out with at the racetrack told me it Monical's was the best pizza in the world. My wife and I were on a road trip and I had to stop and try it. It wasn't bad but I thought the guy's praise was WAY overstated.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Gumby's and Grogs. Grog's pizza literally tastes like the box.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next