It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 12:54 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Just as dirty as the rest of them.

Dirtier. Cannot stand the jerk.

based on what? What has he done to be dirtier than the rest?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
RFDC wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

He was mean to those college kids after he gave them ice cream. 40 years later and it still keeps bernsie up at night.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
RFDC wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Probably based on his winning resume.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:53 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

He was mean to those college kids after he gave them ice cream. 40 years later and it still keeps bernsie up at night.

not nearly the hate for Self (outside of illini fans), as an example, despite an objectively higher level of dirty and a lower level of success at a similarly (if not higher) level of elite basketball school

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
good dolphin wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

not nearly the hate for Self (outside of illini fans), as an example, despite an objectively higher level of dirty and a lower level of success at a similarly (if not higher) level of elite basketball school

And K built his program. And stayed there for 40 years.

Most of his peers would’ve left Duke after the first good year to climb the ladder.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:33 am 

RFDC wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

I forget the kids' names(Chris Duhon, Thomas Hill and a more recent big man?), but there were at least two players whose mothers suddenly found jobs as friends of the program starting in the nineties when he was mouthing holier than thou crap. Plus I'm skeptical of his recruitment of Zion.

And when he had a suddenly average team suddenly he had back issues never heard of again. All while quitting on his team. When Kerr had similar issues, he at least had a team rolling.

Last edited by Regular Reader on Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Regular Reader wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

I forget the kids' names, but there were at least two players whose mothers suddenly found jobs as friends of the program starting in the nineties when he was mouthing holier than thou crap. Plus I'm skeptical of his recruitment of Zion.

And when he had a suddenly average team suddenly he had back issues never heard of again. All while quitting on his team. When Kerr had similar issues, he at least had a team rolling.

I don't know exactly why K gets a special beef. He's a dime a dozen. Is it because he got all the blue chip white kids? Who also happened to be privileged twerps? And who also got special treatment from ESPN because opposing fans were mean?

Not THAT, I get. I get it so much I want to pound the hardwood.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:22 am 

Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

I forget the kids' names, but there were at least two players whose mothers suddenly found jobs as friends of the program starting in the nineties when he was mouthing holier than thou crap. Plus I'm skeptical of his recruitment of Zion.

I don't know exactly why K gets a special beef. He's a dime a dozen. Is it because he got all the blue chip white kids? Who also happened to be privileged twerps? And who also got special treatment from ESPN because opposing fans were mean?

Honestly I was sick when Bobby Hurley got hurt in his truck crash as he was one of my all-time favorite players and I liked Laettner a lot. But Billy Packer and Vitale made me ill with their over the top garbage. Similar to the Brady als now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:25 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Honestly I was sick when Bobby Hurley got hurt in his truck crash as he was one of my all-time favorite players and I liked Laettner a lot. But Billy Packer and Vitale made me ill with their over the top garbage. Similar to the Brady als now.

Jesus H Christ. Who likes Laettner? He's the goddam Duke poster boy and an inexplicable Dream Teamer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:54 am 

Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Jesus H Christ. Who likes Laettner? He's the goddam Duke poster boy and an inexplicable Dream Teamer.

The kid was a winner who I thought would go anywhere to get into a good pickup game. City, suburbs, didn't matter. I always respected him. But you're right about him not belonging on the Dream Team over Shaq.

And the Duke poster boy to me was always a dipshit like Grayson Allen.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:58 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Does Coach K's 1991 championship victory over UNLV count since that game was fixed?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:03 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Does Coach K's 1991 championship victory over UNLV count since that game was fixed?

With a clown like Greg Anthony and his hot tub buddies (including Anderson Hunt iirc) I always wondered. Worst game in history except Georgetown Villanova. Now I'm sick thinking about them. Ugh. :eye:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:09 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:26 pm 

There is no reason is the world for Duke University to have developed into a blue blood basketball and academic institution over the past 40 years...but it did. Wake Forest was/is essentially the same school as Duke and it did not see that same treatment. I guess it was luck.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:30 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
There is no reason is the world for Duke University to have developed into a blue blood basketball and academic institution over the past 40 years...but it did. Wake Forest was/is essentially the same school as Duke and it did not see that same treatment. I guess it was luck.

While Wake has a wealthy segment of their alumni base, it's still a relatively tiny school in comparison. Especially with influential alumni.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:34 pm 

NCAA Tournament Runner-up
1964, 1978, 1986, 1990, 1994, 1999

NCAA Tournament Elite Eight
1960, 1963, 1964, 1966, 1978, 1980, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2010, 2013, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2022

Conference champions
1938, 1941, 1942, 1944, 1946, 1960, 1963, 1964, 1966, 1978, 1980, 1986, 1988, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2017, 2019

Looks like an 11 year dry spell is all. Looks blue blood. Not UCLA or Kentucky, but pretty damn good.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:50 am 

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:16 am 

look at that poor leadership as he sets an example by shaking every single opponents hands after a tough loss.

in what is an all too common occurrence, the headline doesn't reflect what happened in the video

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
i don't really care too much about Coach K... but this GIF always makes me chuckle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:23 am 

good dolphin wrote:
look at that poor leadership as he sets an example by shaking every single opponents hands after a tough loss.

in what is an all too common occurrence, the headline doesn't reflect what happened in the video

All but one player walked off the court.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:58 am 

conns7901 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

All but one player walked off the court.

HE didn't show poor leadership, which is the first line, what is presumably used to grab you to click. His best player is there shaking hands as well. You know who else isn't in the line shaking hands?
Hubert Davis. COACH K, COACH K, COACH K...