It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Transfer Portals
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
There is at least one small typo (in one of my posts? Never). 30 years. Not 40. 7 year old squirrel was not watching much college football.

Being in attendance for the Miami (Ohio) collapse in 95 being a prime example of pain. Lot of good times that year until the Rose Bowl but even then, it was a fun time.

I’d hope the portal might grab them some kids that get buried at other schools but who knows. Maybe the Ryan’s start up a NIL.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
There is at least one small typo (in one of my posts? Never). 30 years. Not 40. 7 year old squirrel was not watching much college football.

Being in attendance for the Miami (Ohio) collapse in 95 being a prime example of pain. Lot of good times that year until the Rose Bowl but even then, it was a fun time.

I’d hope the portal might grab them some kids that get buried at other schools but who knows. Maybe the Ryan’s start up a NIL.

The two of you are on to something. All that's been invested, the play is to go all in.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:00 am 

it really doesn't do much for northwestern to be great at football. They really only need to be good enough to be relevant on campus and a feel good for the alums.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:17 am 

good dolphin wrote:
it really doesn't do much for northwestern to be great at football. They really only need to be good enough to be relevant on campus and a feel good for the alums.

Baseball does wonders for Vandy, basketball for Duke and football for Miami. Sports even does something for Stanford, a school with better standards and allure than Stanford. Northwestern definitely benefits. To the bigger end, I'd again guess that Stanford and either Cal or Oregon will be in the conference if Notre Dame drops it's arrogance.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Baseball does wonders for Vandy, basketball for Duke and football for Miami. Sports even does something for Stanford, a school with better standards and allure than Stanford. Northwestern definitely benefits. To the bigger end, I'd again guess that Stanford and either Cal or Oregon will be in the conference if Notre Dame drops it's arrogance.

No deal.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:04 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

There would be some benefit to be good at football or basketball. Fewer of the 3-9 type seasons would be good but its never going to be a priority for the school. I never minded Dyche back in the day but sometimes it would of be nice to have the facilities a little closer to campus. Was a long winters walk back from basketball during the winter. Football, long walk but not so damn cold.

I'd assume they will work on a couple more Pac-10 teams as well. Need more west teams now to help the two new ones cut down on in season travel, especially in non revenue sports. Although some of those are handled differently anyways.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:54 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

No deal.

Sorry I meant to write assuming Notre Dame doesn't drop it's arrogance.
:oops:
And hell as an unabashed Notre Dame hater, I'd much rather see Stanford, Cal, Oregon or Arizona in the B1G.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:05 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

No deal.

And hell as an unabashed Notre Dame hater, I'd much rather see Stanford, Cal, Oregon or Arizona in the B1G.

I'd almost wonder if they would go Washington to get the Seattle market. Does anyone really want the Seattle market? I don't know. They are at 16 teams now. I'd figure a jump to 20 is in the not so distant future. It's pretty ridiculous.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:45 am 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

No deal.

I'd almost wonder if they would go Washington to get the Seattle market. Does anyone really want the Seattle market? I don't know. They are at 16 teams now. I'd figure a jump to 20 is in the not so distant future. It's pretty ridiculous.

Agreed. Although I wonder how big the per diem envelopes will be for the B1G title and big bowl games. Especially if the kids only got $425 for the Alamo bowl?