It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: NCAA Football 2022
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
good dolphin wrote:
It’s probably not fair of me but I feel disappointed by Deion. I thought he was a guy who had made his money and went to hbcu not as a job but as a vocation. He certainly talked that way, but Deion was always a carnival barker. I respected what he was doing and it certainly like all boats were rising with the tide he created. Maybe someone else takes up the mantle after seeing what was possible. I just think he hurt a lot more than a football program by leaving.

We’ll see how he does when he is the guy with the short end of the stick compared to opponents

Agree, not fair of ya at all.

He left it better than he found it, he didn't receive his bonus for winning the swap.

Personal items were stolen on multiple occasions from his office. His car and his sons car were broken into several times.

The water was so bad they had to bathe in the pool on multiple occasions.

The school wouldn't commit to him, he wanted to pump money into the program but no alumni donate. He spent his own money on assistants and upgrades to the facility. This was the best thing that ever happened to Jackson state and they blew it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:00 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember Brick telling me that Brohm would not leave Purdue for Louisville, but I maybe misremembering.

I said he was leaving all year.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:04 pm 

Brick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember Brick telling me that Brohm would not leave Purdue for Louisville, but I maybe misremembering.

i mean way back when we went around about things, but like I said I maybe misremembering from the les miles fog

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I was unaware of Deion's statements about God sending him to Jackson State. He's scum. I guess God also told him to take the money. Karma will pay him a visit.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:37 pm 

Nas wrote:
I was unaware of Deion's statements about God sending him to Jackson State. He's scum. I guess God also told him to take the money. Karma will pay him a visit.

I just read that the human Milk Dud, Jason Whitlock is ripping Deion, JSU and (surprise surprise) Black people in general. Gotta rethink my position now

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:42 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Brick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

i mean way back when we went around about things, but like I said I maybe misremembering from the les miles fog

4 years ago it was a 50/50 thing. I do believe at that time I thought he would stay but that didn't mean he would never leave.

He never even sold his house in Louisville. His parents still lived there. He would do alumni events there. He always had one foot out the door there. Even before this season started he basically said "I didn't go last time but everything is different now".

There was a lot of turmoil on this team this year. I think it's better for both sides. This season was on the verge of disaster a few times.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:45 pm 

Brick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Brick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

4 years ago it was a 50/50 thing. I do believe at that time I thought he would stay but that didn't mean he would never leave.

He never even sold his house in Louisville. His parents still lived there. He would do alumni events there. He always had one foot out the door there. Even before this season started he basically said "I didn't go last time but everything is different now".

There was a lot of turmoil on this team this year. I think it's better for both sides. This season was on the verge of disaster a few times.

Given the pathetic basketball team, I'd guess they'll be ready to overpay him big time as well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:48 pm 

Lots of Jim Leonhard to Purdue smoke. I would not be enthused.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:

Look, I know the world changes, and one generation's tradition means nothing to the next generation. And I am all for player empowerment; most get treated poorly by universities.

But it's kind of sad to see players hopping all over the place. It makes me pine for some of Lou Henson's all-Illinois teams. Something has been taken away.

And yes, I also know that college sports has long been something of an illusion. It's funny how every time I bemoan the loss of tradition, everyone turns into a vulgar Marxist, telling me about how the base and superstructure were always there, and so on.

Yeah, I kind of feel the same about all the movement in pro sports too and really, my entire life has been the free agent era but it just seems more and more movement. Or maybe its because I'm older and don't follow as closely but it seemed easier as a youth. I don't know. I'm an individual who relishes in nostalgia and tradition when it comes to many things but none more so than college football.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:

Look, I know the world changes, and one generation's tradition means nothing to the next generation. And I am all for player empowerment; most get treated poorly by universities.

But it's kind of sad to see players hopping all over the place. It makes me pine for some of Lou Henson's all-Illinois teams. Something has been taken away.

And yes, I also know that college sports has long been something of an illusion. It's funny how every time I bemoan the loss of tradition, everyone turns into a vulgar Marxist, telling me about how the base and superstructure were always there, and so on.

Yeah, I kind of feel the same about all the movement in pro sports too and really, my entire life has been the free agent era but it just seems more and more movement. Or maybe its because I'm older and don't follow as closely but it seemed easier as a youth. I don't know. I'm an individual who relishes in nostalgia and tradition when it comes to many things but none more so than college football.

^

I'm probably quitting watching sports on January 1, but it will be weird since the White Sox are approximately 90% of my personality.

Watching the Illini hoops game the other day was strange because half the team wasn't Illini guys, it seemed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:

I just read that the human Milk Dud, Jason Whitlock is ripping Deion, JSU and (surprise surprise) Black people in general. Gotta rethink my position now

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:

^

I'm probably quitting watching sports on January 1, but it will be weird since the White Sox are approximately 90% of my personality.

Watching the Illini hoops game the other day was strange because half the team wasn't Illini guys, it seemed.

Bye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:12 pm 

Brick wrote:
Lots of Jim Leonhard to Purdue smoke. I would not be enthused.

Really?

I like the people who are saying Drew Brees :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:38 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:36 pm 

Today is one of my favorite sports days. I love the Army Navy game and still regret not going to West Point.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:37 pm 

A classic indeed. Also rooting for WP.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:28 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Today is one of my favorite sports days. I love the Army Navy game and still regret not going to West Point.

Interesting. Don't you have to have somebody important sponsor or nominate you or something?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Interesting. Don't you have to have somebody important sponsor or nominate you or something?

Fed politician. Reps, Senator…POTUS if you’re a big deal. Each gets 2 nominations if memory serves.

I was far along the path for the Air Force Academy…my potential sponsor did not appreciate my backing out.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:36 pm 

Doesn't sound good for Mike Leach.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:46 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Fed politician. Reps, Senator…POTUS if you’re a big deal. Each gets 2 nominations if memory serves.

I was far along the path for the Air Force Academy…my potential sponsor did not appreciate my backing out.

That's crazy. I'd have probably murdered somebody to fly a F-15 Eagle.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Gotta be willing to kill a lot of people for that privilege.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:52 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

And that's it? Small price to pay for Mach 2.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:02 am 

Nardi wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

and to post on this board

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Texas AM leads everyone in transfers, 21 kids in the portal looking to abandon ship.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:38 am 

Purdue hires the Illinois defensive coordinator as head coach. What a disaster. Every other Big Ten team is hiring coaches that have had big success as a head coach and Purdue goes with some no name coach from a team that went 5-4 in the Big Ten this year but was nominated for an assistant coach of the year award.

We'll be a bottom dweller with Northwestern soon enough.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:56 am 

Brick wrote:
Purdue hires the Illinois defensive coordinator as head coach. What a disaster. Every other Big Ten team is hiring coaches that have had big success as a head coach and Purdue goes with some no name coach from a team that went 5-4 in the Big Ten this year but was nominated for an assistant coach of the year award.

We'll be a bottom dweller with Northwestern soon enough.

Yeah that is a head scratcher.

They could have had their choice of several other guys who have been head coaches before.

Honestly this seems like a move that Indiana football makes and not Purdue.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by RFDC on Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: John's
It's a good hire, give it a chance

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:58 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

:lol: you are positive about one thing in the last 5 years and this is what you put your stake down on?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:59 am 

Caller Bob wrote:

Now I feel even worse.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: John's
oh well, should have found a way to keep Brohm happy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next