It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: NCAA Football 2022
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:17 am 

starts this weekend with a small slate of games.

Illini are big favorites at home with Dr. Ken and his proud Illini family in attendance.

Northwestern, for some reason, is playing in Ireland against Nebraska. Cornhusker fans travel, but do they travel that far? Northwestern fans don't even travel to Evanston. I'm sure all the Ryans will be there.

Post subject: Re: NCAA Football 2022
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
The UK press refers to Orland Park's Pat Fitzgerald with the homeric honorific "Irish-American" Pat Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald visited Ireland with his wife earlier this year and the locals did a genealogy scam thing for Fitzgerald's family and ostensibly traced his heritage back to Nurney, Co. Kildare, and the area surrounding the River Shannon--even tho Fitzgerald's parents' families have been in the states since the 19th century and they didn't exactly keep great records back then.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:00 pm 

To quote Bart Scott: "can't wait!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:42 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Northwestern, for some reason, is playing in Ireland against Nebraska. Cornhusker fans travel, but do they travel that far? Northwestern fans don't even travel to Evanston. I'm sure all the Ryans will be there.

This article about Nebraska is so on point....https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/2022/08/18/irish-fans-set-for-the-full-college-football-experience-as-notorious-nebraska-cornhuskers-come-to-town/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I am excited to see the new ND coach. I never liked Kelly, but he turned out to keep them competitive. I still think they can be close to SEC quality with better recruiting. It may not be possible…..but a boy can dream.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
denisdman wrote:
I am excited to see the new ND coach. I never liked Kelly, but he turned out to keep them competitive. I still think they can be close to SEC quality with better recruiting. It may not be possible…..but a boy can dream.

hard hitting analysis there

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:08 pm 

Wooooo Damn Pig, Go Hawgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig: :pig:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:41 am 

I have at least a handful of friends whose kids went to SEC schools this year...Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia...hell, even Ole Miss. Nobody went to Arkansas. These kids are sleeping on NWA.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:44 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I have at least a handful of friends whose kids went to SEC schools this year...Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia...hell, even Ole Miss. Nobody went to Arkansas. These kids are sleeping on NWA.

Alabama is really good to kids from out of state with financial aid/scholarships, I have known several kids from Wisconsin that have gone down there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:51 am 

I'm really optimistic this year. Aiden O'Connell in the last 5 games of the season last year had 19 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. They have a favorable schedule too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:02 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Alabama is really good to kids from out of state with financial aid/scholarships, I have known several kids from Wisconsin that have gone down there.

I think they've done so well making inroads that they are beginning to cut back. They were definitely aggressive in their offers for at least 5 years.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:09 am 

good dolphin wrote:

Northwest Arkansas welcoming committee introducing another college student to life in NWA:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
denisdman wrote:

I think they’re a little over ranked to start the year.

That OSU game to open the season could drop them 15 spots.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:05 am 

good dolphin wrote:
These kids are sleeping on NWA.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: joes pizza
Going to be a great season

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:30 am 

I'll be moving my kid back into school Saturday, so I won't be able to watch much until later. It's always exhausting for my old ass so maybe I can pour myself into a booth at Martin's and stare while having a drink.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:50 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I'll be moving my kid back into school Saturday, so I won't be able to watch much until later. It's always exhausting for my old ass so maybe I can pour myself into a booth at Martin's and stare while having a drink.

That's why I loved when my sons got through sophomore years, they didn't need my help. I could just guarantee rental contracts and send money for anything they didn't scavenge from home.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:26 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

That's why I loved when my sons got through sophomore years, they didn't need my help. I could just guarantee rental contracts and send money for anything they didn't scavenge from home.

My wife absolutely relishes in maximum involvement with move in. I have no daughters so I have to give her these moments. Meanwhile, DC is much more hilly than people know and it seems like every dorm is at the top of a mountain and its hot and humid as a rainforest in August. Finish by 4:30, hit a mass at the shrine and then its michelob time at bar.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:51 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

My wife absolutely relishes in maximum involvement with move in. I have no daughters so I have to give her these moments. Meanwhile, DC is much more hilly than people know and it seems like every dorm is at the top of a mountain and its hot and humid as a rainforest in August. Finish by 4:30, hit a mass at the shrine and then its michelob time at bar.

:lol: I just remembered how much money I could drop getting my sons set up in short order. But I never hit a bar, just a store, a restaurant and back to the hotel with AC and plenty of ice.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
NW and Illinois both on the first week, what a doubleheader.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:55 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

:lol: I just remembered how much money I could drop getting my sons set up in short order. But I never hit a bar, just a store, a restaurant and back to the hotel with AC and plenty of ice.

My wife is Irish

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:33 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

My wife is Irish

:lol: Mine prefers to save money and relax instead of bars.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:22 pm 

Maybe GD can affirm, but I’m getting some advice to take the points and ML of NMST against Nevada Saturday. Apparently Nevada is kinda starting over and can be had. Seems tempting.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:01 pm 

W_Z wrote:
Maybe GD can affirm, but I’m getting some advice to take the points and ML of NMST against Nevada Saturday. Apparently Nevada is kinda starting over and can be had. Seems tempting.

See and I'm worried about the Tigers.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:23 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

GW's down in a swamp by the river/state dept. So must be Catholic? Howard? G-Town? UDC? Georgetown has those massive stairs to go to different levels of the campus. They do have elevators too tho, which are fun once you find them.

Watch out for the traffic lanes being reallocated to opposite directions during rush hour. Nothing like driving along an Avenue in DC that's going south around 4 PM and suddenly cars are driving Northbound directly at you in your lane.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:22 am 

W_Z wrote:

All reports are that Nevada will be bad. Norvell left and a handful of their best players followed him to Colorado State. They don't have many returning starters and will need to retool. At +250 at home, that seems like a decent play to go ML on New Mexico State. Just know that NMST is really bad too so depending on being at home to bring that one home.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:55 am 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
W_Z wrote:

All reports are that Nevada will be bad. Norvell left and a handful of their best players followed him to Colorado State. They don't have many returning starters and will need to retool. At +250 at home, that seems like a decent play to go ML on New Mexico State. Just know that NMST is really bad too so depending on being at home to bring that one home.

NMST is the kind of team that might play a strong first quarter and you feel good about your +28 then before you know it they are going into halftime down 31.

There aren't very good games on the board this weekend.

I don't know why the Illini are laying as much as they are as a below .500 team with only about 50% of their production returning.

My play of the week, and take it easy on these early season games, is Utah State -27. UConn is a middle of the road D2 level team right now, without being hyperbolic. The first half line might be a better play but I can't get a number yet. It all just depends on how much USU wants to roll them. I think they play in the high 40s, so two UConn td still give you a cover.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:47 pm 

Because I coached a kid on the OU football team, I've been watching their preseason videos. Noticed a Lamborghini and a couple of Ferraris in the players lot.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:57 pm 

Finally got my Apple tv going right. All the ESPN regular channels right on time not just for college football but the final few F1 races :D :D :D

Oh & the SAINTS game tonight!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:15 pm 

ALRIGHT CATS!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 677 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next