It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Bethune-Cookman tonight at home. Seriously doubt I will watch. If they don't win by 20+ there is a reason to worry about this team headed into the Big Ten slate of games. They are going to have to pull it together and someone is going to have to start leading this team on the court and in the locker room to get to 20 wins and make the NCAA tournament.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:01 am 

Illini play NW tonight in Evanston and are underdogs by a couple of points. This kicks off 18 straight Big Ten games with the Illini needing at least 11 wins to get to 20 for the season and have half a chance at playing in the NCAA tournament. Still not sure if the leadership and locker room issues are ironed out but tonight will be a good test to find out. The Penn St and Mizzou losses by a lot aren't going to look very good at the end of the season if they are bubble worthy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:01 pm 

pizza_Place: The Forum
Underwood dressed and screaming like Matt Foley, motivational speaker. He just needs the glasses.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:58 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Too many fouls, too many turnovers, real ugly game by Illinois.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:12 pm 

what in the hell are the uniforms that NW are wearing???

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:22 pm 

Sock Puppet wrote:
Underwood dressed and screaming like Matt Foley, motivational speaker. He just needs the glasses.

He looks like he is going with the Rudy Gulliani hair plan with tons of dye

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:21 am 

pizza_Place: Amato's
T-Bone wrote:
Illini play NW tonight in Evanston and are underdogs by a couple of points. This kicks off 18 straight Big Ten games with the Illini needing at least 11 wins to get to 20 for the season and have half a chance at playing in the NCAA tournament. Still not sure if the leadership and locker room issues are ironed out but tonight will be a good test to find out. The Penn St and Mizzou losses by a lot aren't going to look very good at the end of the season if they are bubble worthy

Maybe it is time to look at the coach, the same guy who could not get to the second weekend of the tournament 2 years in a row despite having a 7 foot scoring machine for both years and another All American for 1 of those years.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:19 am 

Peter Puck wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Maybe it is time to look at the coach, the same guy who could not get to the second weekend of the tournament 2 years in a row despite having a 7 foot scoring machine for both years and another All American for 1 of those years.

You could be right. I didn't get a chance to watch the game but looks like another disappointing performance by Shannon. Clark has been a bit of a disappointment coming in as well after being highly touted. Looks like they started Harris and I like his energy but he's a guy you bring off the bench and is limited offensively. Oof.... I hate to say it but might be time to put a fork in these guys if they can't win their next two home games against WI and Mich St. That is a tall order. The games on the road against Nebraska and Minnesota you have to at least split.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
T-Bone wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

You could be right. I didn't get a chance to watch the game but looks like another disappointing performance by Shannon. Clark has been a bit of a disappointment coming in as well after being highly touted. Looks like they started Harris and I like his energy but he's a guy you bring off the bench and is limited offensively. Oof.... I hate to say it but might be time to put a fork in these guys if they can't win their next two home games against WI and Mich St. That is a tall order. The games on the road against Nebraska and Minnesota you have to at least split.

Well, Harris was on the bench 30 seconds into the game after picking up two fouls lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:30 am 

Franky T wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Well, Harris was on the bench 30 seconds into the game after picking up two fouls lol.

I figured that is what happened. I like his aggressiveness, he seems like the only guy out there that really wants to D up a lot of the time but he can over do it. I saw he only played like 10 minutes and saw he had 4 fouls so assumed he overdid it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Peter Puck wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I quit watching sports except the White Sox, and I am struggling to not watch Big Ten hoops, too. However, I can say that Coach can get the talent, but so far, he seems unable to make adjustments in a game.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
312player wrote:

Too many three point shots. And too many guys who can't make them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:07 pm 

The Division wrote:
312player wrote:

And yet no one seems to sit as they miss all those 3 point shots, despite the coach claiming, post-game, that they are not running the offense.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:23 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I quit watching sports except the White Sox, and I am struggling to not watch Big Ten hoops, too. However, I can say that Coach can get the talent, but so far, he seems unable to make adjustments in a game.

It seems as if there are issues with this team that go beyond talent or coaching.

You're right about adjustments though. Sometimes I still see that Loyola game in my sleep. They just let that fat guy go wild.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Peter Puck wrote:
The Division wrote:
312player wrote:

And yet no one seems to sit as they miss all those 3 point shots, despite the coach claiming, post-game, that they are not running the offense.

anybody with half a basketball brain can see two out of three possessions with this team are 1 on 1 hero ball. Northwestern looked like they were running an actual offense though. Collins never stops screaming.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Go cats.. I'm surprised to hear that NU was favored in the game. I had hoped for more when Collins was hired (Not sure why) but things have been consistently bad in Evanston for a long time.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:23 pm 

Skyy Clark...he gawn (allegedly).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:34 pm 

Peter Puck wrote:

Yup, sure appears that way. Another really bad sign. For a big time recruit I never saw much out of Clark while in Champaign

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:07 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

It seems as if there are issues with this team that go beyond talent or coaching.

You're right about adjustments though. Sometimes I still see that Loyola game in my sleep. They just let that fat guy go wild.

I'll never understand that. I can think of about five other games where Underwood did nothing. He's gotta find himself some assistants who know what's going on.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:02 pm 

Peter Puck wrote:

Someone told me he got into a locker room fist fight with Mayer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:04 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

That fat guy outplayed "more talented" centers on the big stage for five years.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:08 am 

Nice home win against the Badgers. @ Nebraska tomorrow night

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
2 of my guys played for Underwood when he was an assistant at Western. One swears by him as a coach while the other one does not. One of the kid's dad that is on this current team claimed that one of the things that he was most impressed with is the strength and conditioning program that they use currently. He believes that they are one of the best conditioned programs in the country.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:40 pm 

Should be interesting to see what team shows up tonight. I’m in for at least the first half.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:19 pm 

Pathetic offensive performance by both teams thus far. If either team could shoot they’d be up 10.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:39 am 

Illini turned it up the last part of the 1st half to create a cushion and I turned it off at half. Doesn't appear I missed a whole lot. Some pretty bad shooting from the outside but did like the aggressiveness to get to the hoop. Harris is great on defense but out of control with the ball in his hands. Still don't think he should be starting over Epps. Hopefully the momentum can carry over to the game Friday against Michigan State in Champaign.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I know it was only Minnesota tonight, but this team is starting to come together. It will be fun to watch the remainder of the season play out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:50 am 

That was a nice stretch and wasn't sure they would be able to beat WI and Mich St. Indiana and OSU at home the next week. Gotta have at least a split there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:23 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
T-Bone wrote:
Pathetic offensive performance by both teams thus far. If either team could shoot they’d be up 10.

that's a pretty fair portion of college basketball. It's why I don't watch till tourney time. People can rag on the NBA all they want but they shoot a lot better there.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
The Missing Link wrote:
One of the kid's dad that is on this current team claimed that one of the things that he was most impressed with is the strength and conditioning program that they use currently. He believes that they are one of the best conditioned programs in the country.

The new guys constantly throw accolades Fletch's way. Look at what he did with Dainja. They also put a lot into nutrition.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next