It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:03 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Tad Queasy wrote:
This morning, Mark Grote insisted the players doing the dry humping are homophobes, dry humping is especially offensive to any homosexuals on the team, and wondered why the dry humpers don't think there are any homosexuals playing college football.

Unless they explicitly said so, I don't know how you would determine if the dry humpers are homophobic.

Are unwanted sexual advances more "offensive" if the person making them is not of the same sexual orientation as the person they are making them to? I would think they would just be unwanted, period, regardless if it were straight/gay, gay/straight, straight/straight, or gay/gay.

If they found the advances to be "offensive", wouldn't that make them homophobic?

It's hard to keep all of this straight. Or gay.

When Tall Midget figuratively dry humps Boilermaker Rick on this message board, I'm certain the motivation is not homophobia, perhaps neoliberalphobia.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:04 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
[
So what?

Would he have complained if he were the starter?

Was anyone injured during the hazing? I get that some- maybe many- may not have liked it. Then be a man and stand up. Don't wait until your time on the team is over and complain to a reporter.

Feelings were hurt. Okay.

You've "hazed" plenty of people on this board. Should BRick go cry to the press because of the way you have treated him?[/quote]

It's a sexual assault by the strict interpretation of the definition but at the same time, it's not really a sexual assault.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:04 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
am I bad person for thinking both that Fitzgerald deserved to be fired for allowing the hazing AND the that the former player is a total pussy for considering it such a big deal?

Apparently, you are just confused.

So Fitz should have been fired for allowing unseemly behavior but the person who had the courage to speak out about what Fitz tried to hide is a pussy?

Who is the person who courageously spoke up?

A former QB is what I've read, but I can't say for sure. His name was in print, but I had never heard of him.

A disgruntled backup who thought he should be starting on a 1-8 team, no doubt.

So what?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:06 am 

Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
am I bad person for thinking both that Fitzgerald deserved to be fired for allowing the hazing AND the that the former player is a total pussy for considering it such a big deal?

So Fitz should have been fired for allowing unseemly behavior but the person who had the courage to speak out about what Fitz tried to hide is a pussy?

I'm not confused. The head of a program cannot allow hazing. If the head of any other program in the school allowed hazing, she would be fired as well. They probably even have some administrative rules covering the situation.

The hazing isn't of such a level that a normally adjusted early 20s male should really think twice about it.

Should Joe Maddon have been fired for sexualizing Cubs players in those costumes?

different times. He harmed animals for his entertainment and everyone thought it was amusing back then. Some of the players would have been cancelled for what they wore.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:16 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
It's a sexual assault by the strict interpretation of the definition but at the same time, it's not really a sexual assault.

I couldn't put my finger on it until you posted that, but this is what bothers me. It's being framed as a sexual assault when it isn't that at all. It makes a joke out actual sexual assault.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
In a sense yeah. A lot of rape claims are not. No penetration no rape correct? Anyway they are all jag offs. Haugh gave Bernsie a lot of pushback today on Bernsie trying to make this bigger than it is too soon. Was nice to hear.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:23 am 

Do we really need to have 24hr coverage of this for 5 days straight?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I couldn't put my finger on it until you posted that, but this is what bothers me. It's being framed as a sexual assault when it isn't that at all. It makes a joke out actual sexual assault.

Might not be a sexual assault, but it apparently it gave some people anxiety the way sexual assaults do. If you believe the victims, that is.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
pittmike wrote:
In a sense yeah. A lot of rape claims are not. No penetration no rape correct? Anyway they are all jag offs. Haugh gave Bernsie a lot of pushback today on Bernsie trying to make this bigger than it is too soon. Was nice to hear.

^

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:28 am 
Site Admin

pittmike wrote:

I wouldn't say that. But to equate this silly shit to rape is really beyond the pale.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:36 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I wouldn't say that. But to equate this silly shit to rape is really beyond the pale.

Victim blaming.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:11 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

It's kind of like how slapping someone in the face and beating them to an inch of their life are both assault even though one is clearly worse than the other.

If 8 guys got mad at you at a bar and took you into a darkroom and dry humped you would you call the police?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:21 pm 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

It's kind of like how slapping someone in the face and beating them to an inch of their life are both assault even though one is clearly worse than the other.

If 8 guys got mad at you at a bar and took you into a darkroom and dry humped you would you call the police?

No. Especially if they were my friends fucking around. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it like a Millennial snowflake. Do you need therapy because Caller Bob called you a bad name?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

JORR we've watched you make a bill deal out of nearly everything for the past 7 years.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:24 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
JORR we've watched you make a bill deal out of nearly everything for the past 7 years.

Oh yeah, because destroying society and forcing people to inject poison is the equivalent of dry humping a teammate. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:28 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

No. Especially if they were my friends fucking around. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it like a Millennial snowflake. Do you need therapy because Caller Bob called you a bad name?

A bad name is fine. Being dry humped by 8 guys in a dark room is more concerning.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

A bad name is fine. Being dry humped by 8 guys in a dark room is more concerning.

Why? Was he injured? No. His feelings were hurt.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:34 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Oh yeah, because destroying society and forcing people to inject poison is the equivalent of dry humping a teammate. :lol:

That's my point. You don't see your daily rants as overreacting or being a snowflake. In general, you've graduated to the phase of life where you have no interest in understanding views that differ from yours.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:39 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

That's my point. You don't see your daily rants as overreacting or being a snowflake. In general, you've graduated to the phase of life where you have no interest in understanding views that differ from yours.

:lol: I wouldn't call my observations "rants."

I just find it significant that people are foaming at the mouth to fire Fitzgerald while defending those who poisoned the population and ruined the country. The difference in the scale of offense is astounding.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:41 pm 
Site Admin

And you can have the view that Joe Biden is the greatest president in history but don't expect others to understand it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
And you can have the view that Joe Biden is the greatest president in history but don't expect others to understand it.

Greatest president in my lifetime. It won't anger me if you disagree, but I'm comfortable debating my opinion. I was comfortable believing the same about HW.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

I just find it significant that people are foaming at the mouth to fire Fitzgerald while defending those who poisoned the population and ruined the country. The difference in the scale of offense is astounding.

Yeah, if most people had your views. The overwhelming majority of Americans don't. Besides, no rule says you can't be bothered by multiple things at once.

While I don't think this was something that should get anyone fired, I would have fewer friends, and there would be a fight if 8 people held me down and dry humped me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I wouldn't call my observations "rants."
I wouldn't call them true either.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:43 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Yeah, if most people had your views. The overwhelming majority of Americans don't .

Well, they're wrong and I'm sorry they took poison right up until they get belligerent about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

:lol: :lol: Covid has nothing to do with Pat Fitzgerald. If you think that is right, I am more than happy to be wrong along with the other 95% of intelligent people in the country.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I'm not confused. The head of a program cannot allow hazing. If the head of any other program in the school allowed hazing, she would be fired as well. They probably even have some administrative rules covering the situation.

The hazing isn't of such a level that a normally adjusted early 20s male should really think twice about it.

Should Joe Maddon have been fired for sexualizing Cubs players in those costumes?

What costumes? You mean their everyday uniforms?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:54 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Brick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Why? Was he injured? No. His feelings were hurt.

So sexual assault only exists with a physical injury?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:55 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Laurence wants hazers in Cook County jail. Even pitchforker Bernstein stopped short of that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

What costumes? You mean their everyday uniforms?

Maddon would have the younger guys dress up in risque role playing costumes for a road trip every season.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Yeah, if most people had your views. The overwhelming majority of Americans don't .

Well, they're wrong and I'm sorry they took poison right up until they get belligerent about it.

You've likely paid well over $100k to consume poison in your life. At least the Trump "poison" was "free". Why does it mean so much to have your opinion validated?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next