1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Brick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Would be best it Fitz coaches Duke next.

If just one lawsuit goes to court, Coach Fitz will be done coaching permanently.

The only lawsuit will be the one against NU that Dan Webb settles in Fitz's favor.

There already is a number of lawsuits that name NU and Fitz.

Did Simeone steal your login?

Even without the lawsuits, it's hard to imagine he will be hired by any higher education institution. Why would an AD and college president stick their necks out for this guy?

Hugh Freeze coached again but Freeze is a better coach.

Was Freeze involved in things other than the recruiting and academic violations? Those infractions are routinely forgiven within college football.

Former NU players have made allegations of racial harassment against the NU program. I would think those charges make Fitzgerald untouchable in the current college environment unless they are shown to be false. Of course, some schools like the U of C openly market themselves as "anti-snowflake" institutions. Maybe he could get a job at one of those schools. Even on those campuses, though, it would be difficult for an administrator to take stand in favor of penis play and bullying black and Hispanic guys.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:49 am 

My youngest son had a fantasy draft with a bunch of loyola players this weekend. He was making fun of them about this asking them if the team would have a carwash as a fundraiser.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:59 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
My youngest son had a fantasy draft with a bunch of loyola players this weekend. He was making fun of them about this asking them if the team would have a carwash as a fundraiser.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:00 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
It's okay if you have to go through a "Car Wash" to see an elitist art exhibit, but when an American football team uses such a thing as motivation it's a criminal offense.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:18 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
A black guy and a white woman? I can't tell whether I'm watching abstract performance art or a Comcast commercial!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Would

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:23 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Would

Didnt realize you were into black guys

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:23 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Caller Bob wrote:
Would

Have you ever been fucked by a brother before? I suggest starting small.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Would

Didnt realize you were into black guys

He is into all guys I don't think he discriminates

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:02 am 

The current NU coach deserves consideration for B10 coach of the year already for getting two wins out of this team. They will also most likely beat Howard and will have a shot in another game or two

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:03 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
The current NU coach deserves consideration for B10 coach of the year already for getting two wins out of this team. They will also most likely beat Howard and will have a shot in another game or two

Agreed

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Will probably lose as they get ground down by superior talent, but tied at the 1/2 with #6 Penn State

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
And just like that, 10-10 at halftime becomes 41-10.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:31 am 

Just filed a $130M lawsuit against his former school.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Well, you don't hear Fitz's name in the running for any of the available college jobs. Aren't most of them filled by now?

Linebacker coach in the NFL might be his only shot. But it would be a head coach who is his friend and doing him a favor.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:42 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Well, you don't hear Fitz's name in the running for any of the available college jobs. Aren't most of them filled by now?

Linebacker coach in the NFL might be his only shot. But it would be a head coach who is his friend and doing him a favor.

He has two kids playing at Loyola and he is coaching there. One is the returning QB starter from a state title team. He probably has saved his money and waiting on his NW lawsuit to play out. My guess is he will back some where in 25 or 26.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:52 am 

His kid is a returning starter at QB for the state champs. He's going to have a lot of offers and I wouldn't be surprised if someone includes an offer to his father as a package deal.

Loyola looked next level on defense this year with him being a "consultant". Once the legal stuff clears, he'll have a job.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:11 am 

good dolphin wrote:
His kid is a returning starter at QB for the state champs. He's going to have a lot of offers and I wouldn't be surprised if someone includes an offer to his father as a package deal.
His son is barely on the radar and QB recruiting for his class is getting close to complete. He likely would have to walk on to any team above the MAC but maybe he would do that if his dad does take a coordinator or analyst job.

I predict he ends up the NIU head coach after the legal stuff gets worked out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:12 am 

I would guess at this point he is almost happy with not coaching at NW right now. He is getting some amazing time that he will never get back with his sons.

There will be plenty of time after they graduate for him to coach again, and there will be plenty of opportunities at that point. People will have moved on to the next crisis

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:15 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

Loyola looked next level on defense this year with him being a "consultant". Once the legal stuff clears, he'll have a job.

Wasn't the new NU coach significantly more successful with Coach Tummy Sticks' talent than Coach Tummy Sticks was? Why would a college team want him?

I'm a little surprised an elite college prep school like Loyola would want to be associated with him. Maybe they already have a "car wash" ritual in place? Nothing like a little mass humiliation to build team unity!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:19 am 

RFDC wrote:
I would guess at this point he is almost happy with not coaching at NW right now. He is getting some amazing time that he will never get back with his sons.

There will be plenty of time after they graduate for him to coach again, and there will be plenty of opportunities at that point. People will have moved on to the next crisis

Most people who think he deserved to be fired also think he doesn't deserve to never coach again. It's college sports. People that have done far worse have ended up coaching again.

What will ultimately keep him from getting a job he feels he is worth is that he had 3 1-8 seasons in the last 4 years at Northwestern with the other year being the strange COVID year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:20 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Wasn't the new NU coach significantly more successful with Coach Tummy Sticks' talent than Coach Tummy Sticks was? Why would a college team want him?

I'm a little surprised an elite college prep school like Loyola would want to be associated with him. Maybe they already have a "car wash" ritual in place? Nothing like a little mass humiliation to build team unity!

It's college sports. Arkansas fired Bobby Petrino for cause and just hired him back as OC.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:24 am 
1000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

It's college sports. Arkansas fired Bobby Petrino for cause and just hired him back as OC.

Good point. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:27 am 

Brick wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Most people who think he deserved to be fired also think he doesn't deserve to never coach again. It's college sports. People that have done far worse have ended up coaching again.

What will ultimately keep him from getting a job he feels he is worth is that he had 3 1-8 seasons in the last 4 years at Northwestern with the other year being the strange COVID year.

Yeah he prob won't get a job that he thinks he is worth, at least to start. But there will be plenty of opportunities. He will probably end up at like a MAC school, do well there and then end up at like a Minnesota or somewhere equivalent of that down the road. Or maybe he will go the route of being a DC at a school and working his way back up that way too.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I could see him hanging onto a high school job just to avoid moving.

He’s been in the Chicago area his whole life, save for a couple years. He’s rich. He’s old enough where he doesn’t have the time to work his way back up into a job he’d actually want. He wasn’t all that good at the job he had. Just call it a career and be one of those weird football dads.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:54 am 
1000 CLUB

This Ends in Antioch wrote:

He’s been in the Chicago area his whole life, save for a couple years. He’s rich. He’s old enough where he doesn’t have the time to work his way back up into a job he’d actually want. He wasn’t all that good at the job he had. Just call it a career and be one of those weird football dads.

I agree. Doesn't Braun's success with Fitzgerald's players expose Coach Tummy Sticks as a guy who's lost his fastball?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:58 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Plus you can haze in High School

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:24 am 

Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
His son is barely on the radar and QB recruiting for his class is getting close to complete. He likely would have to walk on to any team above the MAC but maybe he would do that if his dad does take a coordinator or analyst job.

I think that job is Jordan Lynch's the next time its available.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:35 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:

I agree. Doesn't Braun's success with Fitzgerald's players expose Coach Tummy Sticks as a guy who's lost his fastball?

They definitely got stale under him. I'd recommend you take a look at the history of NU football. Randy Walker and Barnett became mini legends and they were under .500 for their careers. Dennis Green, who was a borderline great coach, had a .182%. Ara Parsagien is a HOF and he barely got over .500.

I don't think we appreciate just how difficult the task is to have accomplished even the modest record Fitzgerald did at NU.

I couldn't be more impressed with Braun. I wrote earlier in this thread that he should be coach of the year when they only had two wins.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:46 am 

Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

from what I can see, he has 4 MAC offers and interest from at least 2 B10 according to rivals. Give him another year and he'll have a B10 offer.

Anecdotally, I saw him play against MC and SICP. He looked very good to me. I also saw that QB from Batavia who signed with NU when he played MC and Fitzgerald was better.