It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:53 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Late game Thursday night. Ugh.... was hoping for a slightly earlier tip. Illini will have their hands full and this is the type of team that can ratchet up the defense and turnovers will be a big key to victory. If the Illini can take care of the ball I'd say they have a decent chance.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:18 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Iowa St. will be a good test. Was glad to see the Duquesne game such a laugher, but things are going to get tough now. Between I-State and potentially Connecticut, it is really hard to see a Final Four as a possibility but the Illini have played pretty well the last couple weeks, you never know. One thing Illinois has is a LOT of scoring options, they are tough to hold down. They really have to stiffen up the defense though. I don't know much about Iowa State offensively but I have seen Connecticut enough to know that they are more than athletic enough to run with Illinois.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:57 am 

man of few opinions wrote:
Iowa St. will be a good test. Was glad to see the Duquesne game such a laugher, but things are going to get tough now. Between I-State and potentially Connecticut, it is really hard to see a Final Four as a possibility but the Illini have played pretty well the last couple weeks, you never know. One thing Illinois has is a LOT of scoring options, they are tough to hold down. They really have to stiffen up the defense though. I don't know much about Iowa State offensively but I have seen Connecticut enough to know that they are more than athletic enough to run with Illinois.

The only negative I saw about Iowa State by the talking heads is that sometimes they do struggle offensively at times so that might be a chance for the Illini to make some runs and stay in the game. I just feel like if they can keep the turnovers under 12 for the game they should have a reasonable chance. Illinois played some very serious "D" the first half of that Duquesne game so it appears they are capable.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:52 am 

Here's my 30 second amateur ISU review.

- There will be a 5 min. stretch where the offense doesn't score. Happens every game. Saturday, it was the beginning.
- Big wildcard is freshman #22, Momcilovic. When he is making shots, he looks like NBA level talent. His fadeaway is unguardable. Just about every good offensive game ISU has had, he's making shots.
- PG Lipsey has worked hard to become a decent shooter. Made 5 threes all season last year (5 for 25), and teams wouldn't even guard him. Has 44 this season, shooting 39%.

-Defensively, they are very aggressive. They trap a lot. Teams that are able to move the ball around out of the traps, can have success hitting 3's. (Why BYU was a bad matchup during the season). The best comment I heard all season by the announcers was one of the ESPN guys saying "Iowa State makes teams hate playing basketball". If game has refs like the Houston game yesterday, where 6 players fouled out, I don't like ISU's chances. It's not that the defense is dirty, but they want to be in the offenses face the entire 40 minutes.
-Turnovers are a big part of how they win games. Illinois protects the ball, they likely win.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:05 am 

why do they have the womens college basketball on at the same time? people felt really gross in the bar when they accidentally had a womens game on. nobody noticed until they did.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:35 am 

casual fan wrote:
Here's my 30 second amateur ISU review.

- There will be a 5 min. stretch where the offense doesn't score. Happens every game. Saturday, it was the beginning.
- Big wildcard is freshman #22, Momcilovic. When he is making shots, he looks like NBA level talent. His fadeaway is unguardable. Just about every good offensive game ISU has had, he's making shots.
- PG Lipsey has worked hard to become a decent shooter. Made 5 threes all season last year (5 for 25), and teams wouldn't even guard him. Has 44 this season, shooting 39%.

-Defensively, they are very aggressive. They trap a lot. Teams that are able to move the ball around out of the traps, can have success hitting 3's. (Why BYU was a bad matchup during the season). The best comment I heard all season by the announcers was one of the ESPN guys saying "Iowa State makes teams hate playing basketball". If game has refs like the Houston game yesterday, where 6 players fouled out, I don't like ISU's chances. It's not that the defense is dirty, but they want to be in the offenses face the entire 40 minutes.
-Turnovers are a big part of how they win games. Illinois protects the ball, they likely win.

Interesting..... good info.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 pm 

Hang in there Illini fans. Should be a roller coaster game. Illini should get some back cuts from over playing a few lanes and if they can limit the turnovers to 12 or less I like their chances. They will need to ratchet up their own D as well. Difference will be hustle and big offensive rebounds.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:59 pm 

First time I’m seeing UConn this year. Impressive

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
T-Bone wrote:
First time I’m seeing UConn this year. Impressive

No matter who wins tonight the run probably ends against UConn.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:22 pm 

Yeah, UConn is a handful, though SDS rebounding is pretty sad. They are getting crushed with 2nd chance points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 pm 

Illini with a good start . Moving the ball really well

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 pm 

I’m not convinced Iowa state can score enough points to keep up, even if Illinois turns it over 20 times.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Live betting $1,000 now on State. IL has to blow this.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
T-Bone wrote:
Hang in there Illini fans.

Too nervous to post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Live betting $1,000 now on State. IL has to blow this.

Bet it at 12 down. Hedged at four down. Locked in $375 profit. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Their missed free throws are going to be the difference.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Illini up by 6 with 4 minutes remaining.

I don't think Iowa St. can score 6 points in four minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 pm 

The announcers with a serious fellate of the ginger Goode.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Beggar's
How does Shannon get every call? Those are not even close to being fouls.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Dainja was a total oaf tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 pm 

Illinois showed some guts tonight. Free throws obviously a big problem but they overcame it. That was a brawl. Dain stopped Iowa state from the layup line they started the half with and did a good job shutting that shit down.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:05 am 
1000 CLUB

UCONN is 7.5 favorites over Illinois. O/U is 156.5.

I'm gonna bet the over. I see both teams scoring in the 80s.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:30 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Congratulations to Illini fans on the win against Iowa State!

Prepare for your team to be sent home in a body bag after they are annihilated by UConn.

That is all.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:31 am 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Illinois showed some guts tonight. Free throws obviously a big problem but they overcame it. That was a brawl. Dain stopped Iowa state from the layup line they started the half with and did a good job shutting that shit down.

Heck of a game. Dainja filled up the middle.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:46 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

Prepare for your team to be sent home in a body bag after they are annihilated by UConn.

That is all.

Illinois should match up with UConn relatively well. They’ll have to play great but I don’t see them getting run out of the gym. Just glad they are the early game Saturday. I lost a lot of steam during halftime last night and fell asleep early in the 2nd. :(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:34 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:

Heck of a game. Dainja filled up the middle.

I really didn't like Dainja's game last night. The way that game was being played didn't suit his style. I screamed at the TV and called him a fat Caller Bob when he made that steal and decided he was going to dribble down court himself like he was Allen Iverson.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:29 am 

It was gritty. Pretty poor shooting by both teams though. Glad I covered my live bet.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:29 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
T-Bone wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

That is all.

Illinois should match up with UConn relatively well. They’ll have to play great but I don’t see them getting run out of the gym. Just glad they are the early game Saturday. I lost a lot of steam during halftime last night and fell asleep early in the 2nd. :(

Matchup considerations aside, they drew the best team in the Tournament in UCONN. It's too bad they couldn't be playing Bama or Clemson.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:52 am 

Stylistically the UConn matchup should allow Illinois to do more of what they are good at than Iowa state but the problem as I see it is that UConn can do everything Illinois does, only a little bit better. I don’t think it can be understated how exhausted Illinois has to be after that game, while UConn was able to easily skate past SDS. Regarding Dain - obviously he had a rough game offensively - a couple bad turnovers, some missed shots, bad free throw shooting - but two minutes into the second half Iowa state was just cruising down the lane time and time again and he had to come in. Once he did, just his presence completely changed everything Iowa state was trying to do. I agree it was an ugly effort offensively but he had to be out there and he made a difference on the boards and keeping the lane clear.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next