It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Didn't watch the game last night but was surprised to see they won by 30 in a laugher. Kind of worried they blew their wad before taking on Purdue this Friday night.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Inappropriately touching a woman in a Lawrence bar from all reports. Certainly not cool if true, but a rape charge was surprising so maybe there are more details to emerge. Northwestern at home Tuesday and then Purdue on the road Friday. They looked solid against a cream puff last game but will be interesting to see how everyone steps up and if Shannon Jr can get back on the court at all.

Is this another hoax? Apparently, the video looks favorable for Shannon. It seems the "rape" may have been that he lied about being a football player.

Say what, now?

Yeah, I heard that he deceived her by lying that he was a football player. The kids consider that rape.

Can you imagine a woman wanting to bone an Illini football player but not an Illini basketball player? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Inappropriately touching a woman in a Lawrence bar from all reports. Certainly not cool if true, but a rape charge was surprising so maybe there are more details to emerge. Northwestern at home Tuesday and then Purdue on the road Friday. They looked solid against a cream puff last game but will be interesting to see how everyone steps up and if Shannon Jr can get back on the court at all.

Is this another hoax? Apparently, the video looks favorable for Shannon. It seems the "rape" may have been that he lied about being a football player.

I hope you're correct. where are you seeing this?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
T-Bone wrote:
Didn't watch the game last night but was surprised to see they won by 30 in a laugher. Kind of worried they blew their wad before taking on Purdue this Friday night.

I watched - Domask is really quite a scorer, he really seems fearless. Any team that can shoot three's at the rate they were canning them last night is going to be tough to beat, especially the way they crash the boards. Friday will be a true test. Northwestern was shell-shocked and had no answer, Purdue will be waiting for them. Not sure how may fallback 10' jump shots Domask is going to get against those guys, but he feasted last night.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:10 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Say what, now?

Yeah, I heard that he deceived her by lying that he was a football player. The kids consider that rape.

Can you imagine a woman wanting to bone an Illini football player but not an Illini basketball player? :lol:

I can't imagine a guy staring at being a top pick in the NBA draft out fucking around in some shithole bar in Kansas. Go to class, practice, games and stay at home.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:39 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I watched - Domask is really quite a scorer, he really seems fearless. Any team that can shoot three's at the rate they were canning them last night is going to be tough to beat, especially the way they crash the boards. Friday will be a true test. Northwestern was shell-shocked and had no answer, Purdue will be waiting for them. Not sure how may fallback 10' jump shots Domask is going to get against those guys, but he feasted last night.

He can be a 20 point scorer but the last 3 or 4 games before last night Domask had been ice cold. These older transfers bring a lot of experience and moxie that the Illini have been missing the past few years. If he has a size advantage I really like to watch him work down in the post and paint area.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:42 pm 
Site Admin

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

A friend told me this morning. I think he said he saw it on TV. He also said the DA had aggressively prosecuted other questionable rape allegations.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

A friend told me this morning. I think he said he saw it on TV. He also said the DA had aggressively prosecuted other questionable rape allegations.

I went to the Google machine when I saw your post and saw the same thing in a reddit thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:19 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Sounds like this 'rape' could be a novel legal theory.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:26 am 

Purdue sitting as 10.5 point favorites this morning. Should be an interesting game tonight. 7:30 tip on FS1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:13 am 

I am actually stunned that the Northwestern team Illinois just beat somehow BEAT Purdue. Northwestern looked terrible.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:05 am 

I wasn’t able to see how the score ended up the way it did but the Illini dug out of two huge holes to make it look respectable.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:08 am 

Got off to a horrible start but they really fought hard to make it interesting. Covered the spread,

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:48 am 

Good teams win, Great teams cover! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:28 pm 

There is an affidavit from a detective in this story. Sounds like he (allegedly) fingered a girl at a bar for 15-30 seconds without her consent. Would be a shame to throw away everything he had in front of him for doing something that stupid.

https://www.wcia.com/sports/your-illini-nation/terrence-shannon-jr-sues-u-of-i-to-end-suspension/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:56 pm 

what is odd to me is that it supposedly happened in a crowded bar, yet apparently no cameras captured them together and no witnesses said they saw anything. you would think there would be some camera footage if it happened the was she claims it did.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Franky T wrote:
There is an affidavit from a detective in this story. Sounds like he (allegedly) fingered a girl at a bar for 15-30 seconds without her consent.

....while he had another girl on his other arm.

Strange story.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:27 am 

Nice win last night on the road. I wasn't able to watch but perusing the box score turned up some nice stat lines. Great to see such balanced scoring and only 6 turnovers is definitely nice as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:20 am 

It was a good win but I have to say they were scuffling against Michigan for a good portion of this game. They had a big run halfway through the 2nd half that really was the difference, one 3 or so minute 17-2 run that gave them a comfortable lead they never relinquished, but I was getting a little concerned there for a while. Ty Rodgers is a real hustler, that kid has an engine on him. Domask tried to take over the game but once again he seemed a little off his mark, though he started waking up in the second half. It is interesting to me how Dainja seems to be having trouble getting on the court these days. He played a few minutes but was a real non-factor.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:24 am 

It was a good win but I have to say they were scuffling against Michigan for a good portion of this game. They had a big run halfway through the 2nd half that really was the difference, one 3 or so minute 17-2 run that gave them a comfortable lead they never relinquished, but I was getting a little concerned there for a while. Ty Rodgers is a real hustler, that kid has an engine on him. Domask tried to take over the game but once again he seemed a little off his mark, though he started waking up in the second half. It is interesting to me how Dainja seems to be having trouble getting on the court these days. He played a few minutes but was a real non-factor.

I have been surprised how little he has been seeing the court as well after a relatively important role last year. These new transfers seem to have pushed him out of the rotation.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:30 am 

Yeah, I don't remember him having any real in-game issues that would force him to the bench. He plays hard, runs the floor, has soft hands and is a good finisher. Underwood just seems to prefer Hawkins and Guerrier in there together as much as possible.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:02 pm 

Shannon is back.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous, Lord Stanley's, DeKalb Rock City
:lol:

opposing crowds should throw rubber fingers at him.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:23 am 

Shannon is back.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... ning-order

We will see how long it lasts and how big a distraction it creates. This appears to be far from over.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:52 am 

I’ll likely tune in today and Shannon will be coming off the bench so that will be interesting see how he looks out there. Would love to see a convincing win at home. There is a decent chance they could reel off a number of wins with their schedule

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:27 am 

after seeing him return, it makes you realize hat the team was missing while he was gone. His ability to get to the basket from anywhere on the court is not matched by anyone else on the team. I agree that he had better be prepared for some harsh treatment on the road. One concern i had about him coming back was taking a team that is likeable and fun to root for and turning them into a team everyone is going to be rooting against and hating on. They have been a nice story so far this year. We will see how things pan out when they hit the road for some tough conference games.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:20 am 

I watched a decent portion of the first half and ended up turning to something else. They looked strong but certainly something that I feel would turn them from a very good to an excellent team would be some improvement from 3 point land. 33% make percentage pegs them at about 175th in the country.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:25 am 
Site Admin

I still think their biggest weakness is that they lack a real ball handler.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:55 am 

T-Bone wrote:
I watched a decent portion of the first half and ended up turning to something else. They looked strong but certainly something that I feel would turn them from a very good to an excellent team would be some improvement from 3 point land. 33% make percentage pegs them at about 175th in the country.

I think the sheer volume of 3's they take makes it feel like they are shooting better than that because they are so dominant on the offensive glass and get so many put-backs. They are tremendously aggressive crashing the boards on 3-point attempts.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:58 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I still think their biggest weakness is that they lack a real ball handler.

it is odd to see a team that doesn't seem to have any traditional guard play. Of course it probably will catch up with them, but I just love the tenacity they all have getting rebounds and second-chance points.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next