It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
This game never should have made it to OT. Pathetic last 3 minutes. Anyone’s game now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:03 am 

That little ginger is a very good rebounder.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
They were very lucky to pull that game out. Ty Rodgers is just killing it lately, love to see him getting a lot of minutes again. Dainja with a good contribution as well. I'm not sure whether I should be discouraged they are barely winning against teams like Nebraska and Indiana, or just be happy they are winning at all. It would be nice to see them run someone out of the gym again, every game seems like a struggle these days. Frankly, since Shannon came back.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:36 am 

9-34 from the three point line.... yuck. Many were wide open but every time I saw Shannon unload I kind of groaned. Same with Domask, he has no business shooting 3's unless he absolutely has to. I thought they were awesome rebounding the ball and making the extra pass down in the paint for easy buckets. Rodgers is a pretty incredible athlete and Dainja was a spark plug in there making good choices and being aggressive with the ball. A missed dunk was his biggest faux pas that I remember. I knew this was a trap type game but just really disappointed in how they let a 10 point lead evaporate with 3 minutes left. Never should have gone to OT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:45 am 

T-Bone wrote:
9-34 from the three point line.... yuck. Many were wide open but every time I saw Shannon unload I kind of groaned. Same with Domask, he has no business shooting 3's unless he absolutely has to. I thought they were awesome rebounding the ball and making the extra pass down in the paint for easy buckets. Rodgers is a pretty incredible athlete and Dainja was a spark plug in there making good choices and being aggressive with the ball. A missed dunk was his biggest faux pas that I remember. I knew this was a trap type game but just really disappointed in how they let a 10 point lead evaporate with 3 minutes left. Never should have gone to OT

I am pretty sure every player on the floor has the green light to throw up any open three (sans Rodgers and maybe Dainja) because they are so superior crashing the boards. Put backs are a huge part of the offense. This leads to some ugly shooting percentages but they are so aggressive on the glass its worth it. And on the nights when they are HITTING those threes they are close to unbeatable. They haven't had one of those games in a while though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:15 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
T-Bone wrote:

I don't understand why Dainja's minutes are so limited. He came in to the game and they absolutely dominated while he was in there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:49 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I don't understand why Dainja's minutes are so limited. He came in to the game and they absolutely dominated while he was in there.

MOFO has been calling for more Dainja for weeks. I haven't heard or read why he has been buried on the bench other than they have a number of new faces that seem to be gobbling up his minutes. Even when the Illini put out a "small" lineup they are bigger than almost every team they face. Dainja is averaging almost the same mines as Hansberry this season at just under 10 a game. When I look at the stats he is on the outside looking in. The next guy in minutes is Harmon with 20 a game. They consider Domask and Guerrier forwards so that is where most of his time is going along with Rodgers. I don't believe he is better than those guys but I also believe he should be getting around 15 minutes a game.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

T-Bone wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

MOFO has been calling for more Dainja for weeks. I haven't heard or read why he has been buried on the bench other than they have a number of new faces that seem to be gobbling up his minutes. Even when the Illini put out a "small" lineup they are bigger than almost every team they face. Dainja is averaging almost the same mines as Hansberry this season at just under 10 a game. When I look at the stats he is on the outside looking in. The next guy in minutes is Harmon with 20 a game. They consider Domask and Guerrier forwards so that is where most of his time is going along with Rodgers. I don't believe he is better than those guys but I also believe he should be getting around 15 minutes a game.

I think there are things he does better than Guerrier. But I'm guessing Underwood may have made promises to Guerrier re: playing time to get him to come.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:53 pm 

So Underwood is leaving after this year?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:06 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Dainja is gonna be history after this year, he seriously could be starting at many other schools. The guy has serious scoring skills down low and finding the open man. I'll be he hits the portal. I hope he doesn't and he is ready to take over next year with Rodgers.

I also think he is way more skilled than Kofi ever was. Kofi drove me crazy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:47 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Dainja is gonna be history after this year, he seriously could be starting at many other schools. The guy has serious scoring skills down low and finding the open man. I'll be he hits the portal. I hope he doesn't and he is ready to take over next year with Rodgers.

I also think he is way more skilled than Kofi ever was. Kofi drove me crazy.

Hadn’t even thought about next year yet but you are right on Dainja being able to be a starter elsewhere. He will be a major cog next year if he stays. Goode and Rodgers are the only proven commodities potentially coming back. Kofi…. Playing in South Korea, nice move. I can’t imagine it can be all that competitive.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:03 pm 
Site Admin

How can he play next year when Johnson will get all the minutes at center?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:36 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
How can he play next year when Johnson will get all the minutes at center?

I hate to speculate, especially these days where kids change allegiances all the time. Dainja has already transferred once so I’d hope he will want to stick around.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:18 am 

Well one thing that would help him out is learning how to make a free throw. He is simply awful at the line.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:27 am 

Should be an interesting game in East Lansing today.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:00 pm 

This is the kind of win they need on their resume. It’s going to be hostile and today would be a great statement to make heading into the home stretch.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:40 pm 

Hitting from outside early. I’m always just impressed with their size and ability to stay athletic.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:45 pm 

Danija is Mr Sparkplug again. Even making 2 free throws!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:06 pm 

Giving this game away

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:28 pm 

Somebody seriously needs to ask brad underwood what the fuck Luke Goode is doing on the floor in crunch time of these games. Where the hell is Rodgers? They were getting wrecked defensively and on the boards and Rodgers just sits and watched Goode get torched possession after possession. This was a terrible uneccesary loss.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:21 am 

man of few opinions wrote:
Somebody seriously needs to ask brad underwood what the fuck Luke Goode is doing on the floor in crunch time of these games. Where the hell is Rodgers? They were getting wrecked defensively and on the boards and Rodgers just sits and watched Goode get torched possession after possession. This was a terrible uneccesary loss.

As Dennis Green would say….. We let’em off the hook! They literally gave that one away with turnovers and poor defense. Gotta play 40 minutes guys. There is an opportunity to finish the month strong if they handle their business and then back to back games against Wisconsin and Purdue right before the Big Ten tournament.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: The Forum
If Hoggard plays like that, the Spartans are tough. Let's see if they can replicate that pace at Purdue.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:25 am 

Just got back from tonight’s game, good to see the Illini beat the shit out of someone like that, it’s been a while. So happy to see Goode ride the pine a little. Shannon could have scored 50 tonight had they needed it, he was unstoppable. Now for some redemption against Maryland.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:22 am 

Kind of an odd 4:30 tip on Friday @ Maryland. Works for me.

EDIT -- I read the schedule wrong. Game Saturday late afternoon 4:30. Not sure if I will catch this one or not.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:07 am 

I had to miss this one, but very happy to see them win a close road game.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:31 am 

Again they had almost a double digit lead and couldn’t put them away until the very end. A good win

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Maryland always scares me. Good road win.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
When did ticket prices for Illinois basketball go through the roof? Cheapest ticket for the Iowa game next Saturday is $130.

[Edit] A quick look at the secondary market for other top-20 teams is the same…is it because the students are taking up all the tickets?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:20 pm 

Franky T wrote:
Maryland always scares me. Good road win.

I didn’t realize they hadn’t won there in like 12 years or something crazy. Maybe I heard it wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:13 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
When did ticket prices for Illinois basketball go through the roof? Cheapest ticket for the Iowa game next Saturday is $130.

[Edit] A quick look at the secondary market for other top-20 teams is the same…is it because the students are taking up all the tickets?

It’s not the students, they officially have 2 sections. When Illinois is good, tickets against premium opponents and rivals always sell out almost immediately. My son works in the ticketing office and said those games were sold out almost as soon as they went on sale, especially Iowa. Whenever I need tickets I always have to head to the secondary market.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next