It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Amato's
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Underwood is a great coach, he should get a lifetime extension.

Giving him.an extension after that embarrassing 30-0 run and stupid game plan that he doubled down on in the 2d half would be an Illinois thing to do.

Absentee viewer Caller Bob thought the game plan was great and Underwood just happened to lose to a better team.

He is obviously a big fan of shirtless older men shooting Super Soakers.

Next time Brad should keep his shirt on and focus on Doing What Got You There (ex., Shannon 1 for 3 on 3 pointers).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:33 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Tall Midget wrote:
maybe he's just a pretty good coach and nothing more.

That's exactly how I would describe Weber. I don't think the Illini have had a better coach since they ran him out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:44 am 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

That's exactly how I would describe Weber. I don't think the Illini have had a better coach since they ran him out.

In Bruce Weber's Last 5 Seasons as Illinois Coach they went 41-49 in the Big Ten.
.. You can yell about "conspiracies" from boosters all you want, but by the time Weber walked the program was rather shitty.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Peter Puck wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Giving him.an extension after that embarrassing 30-0 run and stupid game plan that he doubled down on in the 2d half would be an Illinois thing to do.

Absentee viewer Caller Bob thought the game plan was great and Underwood just happened to lose to a better team.

They lost by 25. Only an idiot thinks a different coach could have got Illinois to beat UConn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:27 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

In Bruce Weber's Last 5 Seasons as Illinois Coach they went 41-49 in the Big Ten.
.. You can yell about "conspiracies" from boosters all you want, but by the time Weber walked the program was rather shitty.

It's not a "conspiracy." It's a known fact. Weber was told who to recruit. And when those guys didn't perform, the axe fell on Weber.

I'll give you an example. Rayvonte Rice is a typical Weber player. He was right there in Champaign. But Weber couldn't recruit him because all the scholarships were taken by the bum guys who got him fired, some of whom he didn't really want in the first place. After Weber was gone Rice transferred from Drake and had a couple good seasons in Champaign.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:29 am 
Site Admin

Caller Bob wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
RFDC wrote:

They lost by 25. Only an idiot thinks a different coach could have got Illinois to beat UConn

Probably true. But I think it's pretty obvious that the score would have been a lot closer with a different game plan. I'm pretty sure I've never seen another 30-0 run in my life.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:39 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
RFDC wrote:

And only an idiot would think that a guy that made no adjustments in a game where they got beat by 25 with the other team going on a 30-0 run is a good coach. But then again that sort of "analysis" would have required an ignorant buffoon like you to actually have watched the game. Or any game for that matter. Do me a favor Absentee Viewing Caller Bob. The next time you provide actual insight from any basketball game do everyone a favor and cite the shit. Your "box score analysis" on exposes you as bigger idiot than you already happen to be.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:44 am 

Illinois fans might want to be careful what you wish for too. Illinois isn’t a basketball power house by any means.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:45 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Peter Puck wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Probably true. But I think it's pretty obvious that the score would have been a lot closer with a different game plan.

Not to the idiot who does nothing but "hunts box scores" rather than take the time to actually watch games it isn't. It was a 5 point game that got blown open because Danny Hurley took the time to make a half time adjustment and Underwood didn't.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:49 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Illinois fans might want to be careful what you wish for too. Illinois isn’t a basketball power house by any means.

There are no powerhouses in today's College Basketball. Even The "great" UConn is nothing more than the recipient of the tallest Midget award. With the lack of talent in today's College Basketball, the formula for winning is sound veteran players coupled with good coaching. Illinois is half down on that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:51 am 

I don’t agree to say UCONN isn’t a Powerhouse in today’s college basketball might make me not want to read anymore of your thoughts. You might be the only person in America who thinks that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:55 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
I don’t agree to say UCONN isn’t a Powerhouse in today’s college basketball might make me not want to read anymore of your thoughts. You might be the only person in America who thinks that.

And I question the judgment of anyone that watched them play yesterday and still believes that they were watching a powerhouse at work. They were not particularly impressive. They only had One dude (who avg. 8 pts per game by the way) on the floor and all of the metrics suggested that. I know you have an Anti Illinois in general thing going, but they were not 25 points better than Illinois.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:57 am 

By the way Doctor, you are all over Bob about watching the games and yet prior to this week you hade made all of 1 post in this thread for the entire Illinois season. Look to be a huge follower yourself.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:59 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:

And I question the judgment of anyone that watched them play yesterday and still believes that they were watching a powerhouse at work. They were not particularly impressive. They only had One dude (who avg. 8 pts per game by the way) on the floor and all of the metrics suggested that. I know you have an Anti Illinois in general thing going, but they were not 25 points better than Illinois.

I don’t have a care about Illinois either way. Not a Big 10 basketball fan in general.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:03 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I don’t have a care about Illinois either way. Not a Big 10 basketball fan in general.

The State. Team is just part of it. Illinois was ranked top 10 in the country going into the game yesterday. With talent that MANY consider to be top 5. They are not a bum ass team or program. They played shitty as hell with a shitty game plan and still were only down 5 points at half to a noted "juggernaut". That pretty much should tell anyone with a functioning brain that they can play with them

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:05 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

The State. Team is just part of it. Illinois was ranked top 10 in the country going into the game yesterday. With talent that MANY consider to be top 5. They are not a bum ass team or program. They played shitty as hell with a shitty game plan and still were only down 5 points at half to a noted "juggernaut". That pretty much should tell anyone with a functioning brain that they can play with them

I don’t understand your response to my post at all.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:08 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
By the way Doctor, you are all over Bob about watching the games and yet prior to this week you hade made all of 1 post in this thread for the entire Illinois season. Look to be a huge follower yourself.

My point didn't pertain to who "posts" about games though.Which means you're just defending idiocy for the sake of defending idiocy.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:10 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I don’t understand your response to my post at all.

Well you did just respond to a point that had absolutely nothing to do with posting with a point about posting. So there's that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:33 am 

Doctor, Happy Easter and I hope you enjoy the Lord’s Day!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Go Vols

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:35 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Doctor, Happy Easter and I hope you enjoy the Lord’s Day!!!

Same to you Hawger.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Well at least Ziegler gets to go home with his best friend, mommy, after this crappy performance.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:01 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

It's not a "conspiracy." It's a known fact. Weber was told who to recruit. And when those guys didn't perform, the axe fell on Weber.

I'll give you an example. Rayvonte Rice is a typical Weber player. He was right there in Champaign. But Weber couldn't recruit him because all the scholarships were taken by the bum guys who got him fired, some of whom he didn't really want in the first place. After Weber was gone Rice transferred from Drake and had a couple good seasons in Champaign.

Drake is a low-mid major. Thus no other high majors wanted him. Which means he wasn't viewed as a high major player. And I remembered the Reyvonte Rice era. It was characterized by mediocrity. Which was the essence of the Weber era as soon as he didn't have Bill Self's players to coach any longer. As a matter of fact, back then it was a running joke how much out of state coaches like Self, Calipari Coach K and others could walk into Illinois and take any player that they wanted to take from Weber. Players like Derrick Rose, Sherron Collins, Julian Wright, and Scheyer wouldn't even give him the time of day. And you fallaciously think that the key to the program was his being denied the opportunity to recruit players like Reyvonte Rice. Yeah right

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:48 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Drake is a low-mid major. Thus no other high majors wanted him. Which means he wasn't viewed as a high major player. And I remembered the Reyvonte Rice era. It was characterized by mediocrity. Which was the essence of the Weber era as soon as he didn't have Bill Self's players to coach any longer. As a matter of fact, back then it was a running joke how much out of state coaches like Self, Calipari Coach K and others could walk into Illinois and take any player that they wanted to take from Weber. Players like Derrick Rose, Sherron Collins, Julian Wright, and Scheyer wouldn't even give him the time of day. And you fallaciously think that the key to the program was his being denied the opportunity to recruit players like Reyvonte Rice. Yeah right

You're all over the place.

First you say this:
With the lack of talent in today's College Basketball, the formula for winning is sound veteran players coupled with good coaching. Illinois is half down on that.

Then you criticize Weber for wanting to use that EXACT formula and call those sound veteran players "mediocre" because they weren't a bunch of one-and-done guys who wanted to showcase their own games for a season or maybe two at the expense of the team.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:52 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

You're all over the place.

First you say this:
With the lack of talent in today's College Basketball, the formula for winning is sound veteran players coupled with good coaching. Illinois is half down on that.

Then you criticize Weber for wanting to use that EXACT formula and call those sound veteran players "mediocre" because they weren't a bunch of one-and-done guys who wanted to showcase their own games for a season or maybe two at the expense of the team.

This is hardly an appropriate response. Each of the aforementioned players exited High School over 15 years ago. Hardly qualifies as "today's" College Basketball.
And of the 4 players I mentioned, Rose was the only one who was "one and done" Collins and Scheyer stayed all 4 years.
Again no matter what you state, it became fairly obvious that Weber couldn't do Jack when he had to win with his own players. He couldn't recruit. Which is essential to winning at big time programs.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:09 am 
Site Admin

This is hardly an appropriate response.

:lol: Okay.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:21 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Especially when you consider that Kentucky won a championship with a team fill of one and does shortly afterwards too. College Basketball has changed since then. And it's obvious you cannot refute any of my points. During Weber's tenure he had a chance to have each of these players on the same team and signed none of them. Inexcusable if you think you're going to win

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:25 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Especially when you consider that Kentucky won a championship with a team fill of one and does shortly afterwards too. College Basketball has changed since then. And it's obvious you cannot refute any of my points. And you can even add Anthony Davis to the mix as well. During Webers tenure he had a chance to have each of these players and signed none of them. Inexcusable if you think you're going to win

So you don't really believe this:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:30 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Especially when you consider that Kentucky won a championship with a team fill of one and does shortly afterwards too. College Basketball has changed since then. And it's obvious you cannot refute any of my points. And you can even add Anthony Davis to the mix as well. During Webers tenure he had a chance to have each of these players and signed none of them. Inexcusable if you think you're going to win

So you don't really believe this:

Do you think the talent level of today's College Basketball is the same as when Derrick Rose played? If you can make the argument that it is, then I will crush it and show you that it isn't. Deal?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:14 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

In Rayvonte Rice's 2 seasons with the Illini, the team was 16-20 in the Conference.

When Weber was the coach of the Illini, Julian Wright, Sherron Collins, and Derrick Rose were all playing in the same game for an NCAA Championship. HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next