It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: March Madness!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:00 am 

RFDC wrote:
I gotcha. I thought you were saying Painter was switching to a Calipari type plan.

There is no doubt Painter has it going on right now.

Meanwhile IU has 1 recruit for next year and seemingly not able to get anyone off the transfer portal.

Fire Mike Woodson!

Woodson puts in very little effort in anything but game prep. It's amazing they didn't fire him but he has influential friends. That's why you don't hire a legend to be your coach. Find a Painter who was at best an average player.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:09 am 

Brick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I gotcha. I thought you were saying Painter was switching to a Calipari type plan.

There is no doubt Painter has it going on right now.

Meanwhile IU has 1 recruit for next year and seemingly not able to get anyone off the transfer portal.

Fire Mike Woodson!

Woodson puts in very little effort in anything but game prep. It's amazing they didn't fire him but he has influential friends. That's why you don't hire a legend to be your coach. Find a Painter who was at best an average player.

It is absolutely pathetic. I was willing to give him a shot, but he has been terrible. His record is only decent because he was able to talk TJD into coming back.

It sounded like Dolson wanted to can him this year, but was forced into keeping him. Which that is BS in and of itself that your AD cannot make their own decisions. I have read that unless they have a Big 10 title or a final four run that he is finished after next year.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Brick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Brick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
it was a good run Brick.

Best season I've seen ever....so far.

My condolences. I enjoyed watching Edey last night. It was like old school center play basketball. Especially matched with the 7'2" kid.

I'm as happy as I have been after any game this year.

UCONN is one of the all time great college teams. They had a great game plan and Purdue is a couple years from being able to match their NBA talent.

Should have NBA-ed it. If UConn is going to press Smith full court, you GOTTA blow by and park 3 guys on the 3 pt line. Have Edey high screen if need be and then trail.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:32 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nardi wrote:
Brick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Brick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
it was a good run Brick.

My condolences. I enjoyed watching Edey last night. It was like old school center play basketball. Especially matched with the 7'2" kid.

UCONN is one of the all time great college teams. They had a great game plan and Purdue is a couple years from being able to match their NBA talent.

Should have NBA-ed it. If UConn is going to press Smith full court, you GOTTA blow by and park 3 guys on the 3 pt line. Have Edey high screen if need be and then trail.

I was frustrated when Edey kept kicking the ball back out to that Jerry Sichting motherfucker. I just wanted him to go straight at both UConn big guys. He almost fouled both of them out as it was.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:20 am 

Damn what a run they are on 6 titles in 25 years is pretty crazy in today’s game.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
it was pretty apparent 2 minutes in to the game that purdue had no chance. UConn's guards were too big and strong for smith, loyer, jones etc. they were almost twice as big and just as quick. UConn wins 9 out of 10 times, if not 10 out of 10.

it was really frustrating that defensively purdue did not adjust to what uconn was doing. they were just running a 3 man weave off the top of the key with clingan setting screens... Edey was content to rest on defense, standing 10 feet away watching this occur... then every possession they kept getting an open shot in the lane off the weave... or if edey finally did step up then a dump down to the forward at the basket. Purdue should have tried zone, not that it would have mattered because it felt like UConn hit every open 3.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:23 pm 

It was impressive how they were able to both keep Edey in check and limit their 3 pt looks.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Edey is a future Bull.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Brick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Brick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
it was a good run Brick.

I was frustrated when Edey kept kicking the ball back out to that Jerry Sichting motherfucker. I just wanted him to go straight at both UConn big guys. He almost fouled both of them out as it was.

Once the lead got to double digits it was too late for that strategy. Even if Clingan and the other guy fouled out Purdue had no answer for UConn's slashing and scoring in the second half. Nobody outside of Edey stepped up for Purdue, whereas every guy UConn put on the floor was a threat.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
man of few opinions wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Once the lead got to double digits it was too late for that strategy.

No doubt. And it may seem silly to say this the way the game ended up, but the atrocious foul call against Jones on what was OBVIOUSLY a charge really affected the game the last time Purdue was building any momentum.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:04 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

No doubt. And it may seem silly to say this the way the game ended up, but the atrocious foul call against Jones on what was OBVIOUSLY a charge really affected the game the last time Purdue was building any momentum.

E-town represent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:28 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Plus they didn't want to let Clingan foul out.

But they weren't beating UCONN. That just would have made it closer. UCONN is an all time dominant team.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:48 am 

Looks like the Cal news is getting closer to being official.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:06 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:

It's a big get.

You know you'll get great talent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:46 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

It's a big get.

It is a HUGE hire, I am still shocked.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:44 pm 

Pope from BYU to Kentucky.

Now that is an odd hire.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:04 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Hawg Ass wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

It's a big get.

Only if Calipari has anything left in the tank, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Maybe Arkansas will get 2 good years out of him?

He's 65 years old.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:08 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

It's a big get.

Only if Calipari has anything left in the tank, which doesn't seem to be the case.

He's 65 years old.

Cal is getting that Chicken Man money for players at Arkansas.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:21 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

It's a big get.

He's 65 years old.

This is an obvious downgrade. Musselman has been a much more successful coach in the portal/NIL era than Calipari. Musselman going to be coaching for the better part of the next 15 years. Even if Calipari has some success in the Ozarkaplex, you're still hiring another coach in five years.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:43 pm 

What exactly has Musselman won? Did not win conference at Arkansas and never got past the elite 8.

He is a charismatic guy that gets talent, but loses his appeal quickly and has to find a new gig.

Calipari has been a WAY better coach over his career.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
RFDC wrote:
What exactly has Musselman won? Did not win conference at Arkansas and never got past the elite 8.

He is a charismatic guy that gets talent, but loses his appeal quickly and has to find a new gig.

Yep. Not even close.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:15 am 

I actually think we are going to get reinvigorated Cal, the more I listen to him he wanted to leave Kentucky but didn’t know how.

Also, not sure Muss wanted to leave but the wife LOVED going back to California. No way is USC a better job than Arkansas.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Hawg Ass wrote:
No way is USC a better job than Arkansas.
:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:47 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
No way is USC a better job than Arkansas.
:lol:

In a basketball Head Coaching job it isn’t and hasn’t ever been. Laugh all you want.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:58 pm 

RFDC wrote:

“Never got past elite 8”. There are probably 25 coaches in the college basketball HoF that never got past the elite 8. The game has changed incredibly in the past two years (NIL/ portal) much less the past 5 years.

Like Ben Howland has two final fours on his resume, you want to hire him to have his hand on the tiller at whatever school you are a fan of? Musselman worked four seasons on The Hill. He made the elite 8 2x and sweet 16 1x. That’s a coach you keep.

We aren’t trying to win games in 1999, we are trying to win in 2024. Cal has a lot to prove in the NIL/portal era.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:38 pm 

One Post wrote:
RFDC wrote:

“Never got past elite 8”. There are probably 25 coaches in the college basketball HoF that never got past the elite 8. The game has changed incredibly in the past two years (NIL/ portal) much less the past 5 years.

Like Ben Howland has two final fours on his resume, you want to hire him to have his hand on the tiller at whatever school you are a fan of? Musselman worked four seasons on The Hill. He made the elite 8 2x and sweet 16 1x. That’s a coach you keep.

We aren’t trying to win games in 1999, we are trying to win in 2024. Cal has a lot to prove in the NIL/portal era.

Maybe he couldn’t get the money for the transfer portal, do we know Kentucky’s NIL budget. We know it was clearly a point of contention for him to come to Arkansas.

Sounds like to me he had to do all of the fundraising himself.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:46 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
One Post wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Maybe he couldn’t get the money for the transfer portal, do we know Kentucky’s NIL budget. We know it was clearly a point of contention for him to come to Arkansas.

Hawg, Cal might be great in Fayetteville, I sure hope sure (I have my name in cement there), but I just would rather have Musselman. I think if they took care of him and he would have stayed, he could have had a 15+ year run of relevance there. We shall see.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
There were no scholarship players left on the Arkansas roster.

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2024/04/john-calipari-on-arkansas-basketball-roster-there-is-no-team.html

He is going to have to do a better job of recruiting guys with the ability to understand teamwork and what the soccer coaches call "work rate" - energy and movement without the ball and on defense. In other words, mix in some guys who are willing to stay two years and be a role player the first year and then a starter the second.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:59 pm 

One Post wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
One Post wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Hawg, Cal might be great in Fayetteville, I sure hope sure (I have my name in cement there), but I just would rather have Musselman. I think if they took care of him and he would have stayed, he could have had a 15+ year run of relevance there. We shall see.

They paid him elite money, he basically got what he wanted. He has since said so, it is why I made my comment earlier. I don’t think HE wanted to leave.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:04 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
One Post wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
One Post wrote:
RFDC wrote:

They paid him elite money, he basically got what he wanted. He has since said so, it is why I made my comment earlier. I don’t think HE wanted to leave.

I asked my guy who is way more connected in Washington Co. than I am why Muss left. He said it is complicated.

What I told him was a good AD would make it “uncomplicated”.

Hopefully you and I meet at a parade on Dickson celebrating a Cal title.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next