It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 952 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:11 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Quote:
The Illini are loaded at the wing spot

OK.

Well say what you will about the talent but it is probably the strength of this team right now.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:38 am 

spmack wrote:

My kid loves the boneless honey bbq wings in these, but you can only get them at Wal-Mart. :(

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:11 am 

Quote:
Michael O'Brien ‏@michaelsobrien
With Marcus LoVett off the board that means #Illinois won’t have an All-Area player in 2015 recruiting class. Hard to sugarcoat that.

Illini coaches are bad at evaluating talent.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:14 am 

Quote:
#Illinois wasn’t interested in Watson, Pipkins, Morrow. Lost on Brunson and Matthews. Schofield is a guy they may regret not going after.

Quote:
#Illini are after Bradley transfer Josh Cunningham (Morgan Park) now. He’s a guy they could have had easily a year ago.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
They better keep up with Zach Norvell Class of 16.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:45 pm 

Cunningham picked Dayton over the Illini :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not even sure he would help much, just the fact he picked Dayton is amusing.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:52 pm 

conns7901 wrote:

Dayton has been a better program over the last couple of years haven't they?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:49 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
conns7901 wrote:

Well you could say that he picked a program where he'd actually play.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:17 am 

He is more in line with the type of guys that they have been recruiting lately. They've been recruiting a lot of mid major types and expecting to succeed in the big ten. They didn't even recruit him out of high school and how much has he really improved in a yr. They need pro prospects. At least 1-2 of them and then they will show that they are ready to play big boy ball.

This is a critical yr for them as there are no top 50 guys from Illinois. The highest ranked guy from the state of Illinois is around 60ish. Zach Norvell is not a pro prospect so even if they sign him its not like they are getting a program changer. The best prospects in state are found in the class of 2017. Unfortunately for my guy is the fact that he may not last that long.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
long time guy wrote:
He is more in line with the type of guys that they have been recruiting lately. They've been recruiting a lot of mid major types and expecting to succeed in the big ten. They didn't even recruit him out of high school and how much has he really improved in a yr. They need pro prospects. At least 1-2 of them and then they will show that they are ready to play big boy ball.

This is a critical yr for them as there are no top 50 guys from Illinois. The highest ranked guy from the state of Illinois is around 60ish. Zach Norvell is not a pro prospect so even if they sign him its not like they are getting a program changer. The best prospects in state are found in the class of 2017. Unfortunately for my guy is the fact that he may not last that long.

How many of these exist? When you think about the number of players in the NBA and damn near all of them that are any good are lottery picks. No look at how many D1 programs are fighting for those guys every year out of HS. Not enough especially when you have 5 top college programs taking a big chunk of those right off the top. I do not envy college teams needing to up their game.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:47 am 

pittmike wrote:
long time guy wrote:

How many of these exist? When you think about the number of players in the NBA and damn near all of them that are any good are lottery picks. No look at how many D1 programs are fighting for those guys every year out of HS. Not enough especially when you have 5 top college programs taking a big chunk of those right off the top. I do not envy college teams needing to up their game.

Its damn hard for sure. But I look at Cal and they have just signed two top 10 guys and their staff has only been there a yr. Its like a little cartel that has formed in college basketball. It makes it difficult to sign McDonald All American types because there are about 5 schools that always have first dibs. If Illinois could consistently get top 30 guys that would be cool. They consistently are recruiting guys that are ranked 60-100 and thinking that they are going to win. Some of the guys on that team were not even top 100. They should be able to recruit better.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:20 pm 

Hope Lou can bounce back and be there for the induction this fall...

LAS CRUCES, N.M. (AP) — Former New Mexico State and Illinois men's basketball coach Lou Henson, who is set to be inducted into the College Basketball Hall of Fame this fall, is at a Houston hospital awaiting tests due to a weakened immune system.

The Las Cruces Sun-News reports (http://bit.ly/1IaFP9T) the 83-year-old became dehydrated last week and spent a few days in an Illinois hospital. Henson lives in Illinois in the summer months and Las Cruces, New Mexico, in the winter.

On Sunday, Henson traveled to M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, where he has been treated throughout the years after his 2003 diagnosis of non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

It was unclear how long Henson will remain in Houston.

Henson will be inducted into the College Basketball Hall of Fame in November. During his career, he became one of the most respected tacticians in the college game

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:43 pm 

respected tactician? :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:03 pm 

Senior Guard Tracy Abrams, who missed last year with a torn ACL to miss 2015-16 season with a torn Achilles. :(

I don't feel so good. :pale:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:06 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
Senior Guard Tracy Abrams, who missed last year with a torn ACL to miss 2015-16 season with a torn Achilles. :(

I don't feel so good. :pale:

Dr. Ken just threw up on his millions.

That sucks for that young man.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:16 pm 

I also read over the weekend where there No. 1 recruit for this yr. The kid from LA Lumiere prep suffered a stress fracture and he is out indefinitely. He is a top 30 kid and was expected to push for a starting guard spot.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Irish Boy wrote:
There is no conceivable universe in which Groce is a better hire than Beckman. That's insanity. Carry on.

IB may be gone, but his post can live forever.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:45 am 

Dr. Ken I see your Illini poached a kid out of state here, smallish guard that I haven't heard a hell of a lot about.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Hawg Ass wrote:
Dr. Ken I see your Illini poached a kid out of state here, smallish guard that I haven't heard a hell of a lot about.

Herb thinks he's great!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:34 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:

I see my guy was in on the recruitment of the kid from Milwaukee. I hope he pans out but he is not considered a blue chipper. He is not even a top 100 prospect.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:38 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I see my guy was in on the recruitment of the kid from Milwaukee. I hope he pans out but he is not considered a blue chipper. He is not even a top 100 prospect.

No like I said, I had never really heard of the kid. Usually, I know who the top talent kids are coming out of the state.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:24 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

No like I said, I had never really heard of the kid. Usually, I know who the top talent kids are coming out of the state.

It wasn't really a reference to your comment as much as it was a response to some of the articles that I have read on him. They are touting him as the answer to Illinois's point guard woes. One publication has him ranked the 196th player in his class. The highest ranking for him is 118. Doesn't seem like much of an answer to anything. He appears to be simply a "guy". The writers also stated that in him the Illini have now compensated for losing out on the big name guys of the last few yrs. I want to see it work because my guy Parham could use a win in the recruiting game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
The state of the Illinois athletic program is embarrassing.

At least its not Purdue.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:40 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
The state of the Illinois athletic program is embarrassing.

At least its not Purdue.
:lol:

Illinois is actually worse right now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:54 am 

Nunn out 8 weeks. That should be long enough to torpedo the season.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:55 am 

:( When it rains it pours..... Chances to make NCAA were already slim and none just left town.

llinois guard Kendrick Nunn will miss eight weeks with a left thumb injury, an Illinois sports information spokesperson confirmed.

Nunn injured his thumb last week at a preseason practice. According to a tweet by CBSSports.com, he will undergo surgery on Wednesday.

Add Nunn to a list that includes point guard Tracy Abrams (out for the season with an Achilles injury), forward Leron Black (out four to six weeks with a knee injury), freshman guard Jalen Coleman-Lands (slated for a Nov. 1 return from a stress fracture in a leg) and guard Jaylon Tate (out with a concussion).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:05 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
It's getting ri-goddamn-diculous.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:07 am 

And Mike LaTulip is redshirting! Illinois is in trouble!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:30 am 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
And Mike LaTulip is redshirting! Illinois is in trouble!

Now you are just rubbing salt in the wound Vince. :weelchairbb:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:16 pm 

Illinois gets stomped by North Florida to open the season. Countdown to firing has started.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 952 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next