It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:25 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Watched the game today. They really are bad at college football.

They are really bad at defense

Beckman is a defensive coach

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:26 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
They did have a completed pass for -10 yards. Not sure I've seen that before.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:45 pm 

Been reading around a sites and Beckman's buyout after this year is $1.05M. I guess many people expected him and/or Banks to be shitcanned today. If Thomas does do it midseason, I think it will be during the bye. Team heads to Madison this weekend and that's not going to be pretty. Many rushing records will be set by Wisconsin.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:42 pm 

pizza_Place: I vehemently disagree
Beckman uttered these prophetic words during his weekly press conference, "If we run the table we'll be 9-3" and "Take away 10 plays it could've been a different story" refering to the loss to powerhouse Purdue.

-- May he reign long as the steward of Rantoul's Big Ten Team

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:46 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
WTF? Fire Beckman yesterday!

You burn Bailey's redshirt in the 4th quarter of a loss in the 2nd half of a bullshit year with a lame-duck coaching staff? Go to hell.

Plus, you don't go for 2 in the 4th when that could have given you the ball with a chance to tie after the onside? Go to hell again.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:50 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:57 pm 

I hate this man.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I hate this man.

I hear you. I hate him and today was like the first time I watched his team for more than 2 minutes in a row.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:05 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:08 pm 

RFDC wrote:

That was seriously the high point of his Illinois career.

He was never more popular.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:42 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
You burn Bailey's redshirt in the 4th quarter of a loss in the 2nd half of a bullshit year with a lame-duck coaching staff? Go to hell.

Why the fuck is he even dressed? They should bounce this clown immediately.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:46 pm 

He knows he is done, might as well screw the next coach

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I still can't shake the guys presser when he got hired and talked about how his wife was going to make a big ol spaghetti dinner for the team every thursday night.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Thomas must go too. Its a shame what this program has become.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Scorehead wrote:
Thomas must go too. Its a shame what this program has become.

What? The program has been a joke for the better part of 20 years. This hire sucks but no one wants to come to Illinois to coach.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:39 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Why the fuck is he even dressed? They should bounce this clown immediately.

Bailey will play in all of the remaining games. Lunt is done for the year basically. Beckmann knows he is going down but he won't go down with ROT at the helm the whole time.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:55 pm 
Site Admin

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Bailey will play in all of the remaining games.

Sure, but there's really no point in that. Even if the kid was Peyton Manning he couldn't possibly save Beckman's job, so it's just wasting a year of this kid's eligibility.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:35 pm 

He will be the back up or starter next season. Might as well see if he can play.

I love how you kill the Cubs for keeping their prospects from playing but now kill the Illini for doing the opposite.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:52 pm 
Site Admin

Big Chicagoan wrote:
He will be the back up or starter next season. Might as well see if he can play.

I love how you kill the Cubs for keeping their prospects from playing but now kill the Illini for doing the opposite.

Well, Kris Bryant isnt limited to four seasons in five years. And redshirting QB as a freshman is pretty standard.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:55 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:

Well, Kris Bryant isnt limited to four seasons in five years. And redshirting QB as a freshman is pretty standard.

Wes Lunt and ROT didn't redshirt. Bailey is not the savior of Illinois football. No one should care about his eligibility. Unless there are major changes, Illinois isnt competing for anything anytime soon.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:55 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:

:lol: not even close to the same thing

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:

Wes Lunt and ROT didn't redshirt. Bailey is not the savior of Illinois football. No one should care about his eligibility. Unless there are major changes, Illinois isnt competing for anything anytime soon.

I didn't say he was. But that's kind of the point.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:16 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:

I care about it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:33 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:

I care about it.

Exactly.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Next Illinois coach:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I agree Beckman has to go. I'm not sure what is gained by launching him now as opposed to the end of the season. I'm not sure making Cubit the interim coach is the answer. They will still be bad on defense.

Does putting Cubit in the big chair give the Illini a better chance to beat Minnesota, Penn State and Northwestern and make a Bowl. I'm pretty sure Illinois loses to tO$U and Iowa no matter who the coach is.

Since Beckman is sure to go after this season. Who would people like to see take his place. I'll be curious to see the list of choices are.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:56 pm 

kissrules73 wrote:
I agree Beckman has to go. I'm not sure what is gained by launching him now as opposed to the end of the season. .

I give zero fucks about this year.

Send a message. Not acceptable to be a dumbass.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:30 pm 

Quote:
Aaron Rodgers wanted to play for Illini, they didn't offer

Aaron Rodgers in orange and blue? If the quarterback would have got his way, that's exactly what would've happened.

Now considered one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, Rodgers wasn't so hot a commodity coming out of high school. After as couple years in community college, he ended up playing at Cal and blossoming into a first-round draft pick, a Super Bowl champion and a league MVP.

But, as a high schooler, he wanted to play at Illinois, or so he told Dan Patrick on Tuesday's "Dan Patrick Show."

While discussing the national anthem, he dropped the nugget that he wanted to play for the Illini.

"I can remember the first time I started a game in college and I heard the anthem, it was an absolute thrill," Rodgers said. "We were in Champaign, playing the University of Illinois, who I wanted to go to out of high school. I was playing for Cal, and I just always thinking about that moment."

Oh really? Rodgers wanted to be an Illini?

"I went out to their team camp, and they didn't offer me. They didn't offer me a scholarship," he explained to Patrick, remembering getting spurned by the Ron Turner administration. "Ron Zook, who was at Illinois, too, we've talked about it. He's with us now (as a special teams assistant in Green Bay). We've talked about it a little bit. I have no ill will toward Illinois. We beat them that day."

That they did. Cal won that game, 31-24, with Rodgers throwing for 263 yards and a touchdown in his first collegiate start.

But Rodgers doing that for the Illini would have been something.

In two seasons with the Golden Bears, 2003 and 2004, Rodgers passed for 5,469 yards and 43 touchdowns in 25 games.

Turner's Illini started Jon Beutjer in those two seasons. The Wheaton native passed for 2,679 yards and 18 touchdowns in 15 games.

Turner was obviously not the only head coach to pass on Rodgers. He wasn't highly coveted coming out of high school and ended up at a community college in California before joining up with the Golden Bears.

And the rest is history.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:47 pm 

I've heard that story before. Illinois was the only D1 school to offer him anything, I think. They said he could be a preferred walk-on or something.

It sounds horrible now but I remember him saying he was 5'10" and 165 pounds at the time so I can't say it was an unbelievable oversight.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:54 pm 

I've heard that story before. Illinois was the only D1 school to offer him anything, I think. They said he could be a preferred walk-on or something.

It sounds horrible now but I remember him saying he was 5'10" and 165 pounds at the time so I can't say it was an unbelievable oversight.

The only way he ended up at Cal was Tedford came to his Junior College to recruit a tight end and noticed him, offered him a scholarship. It was the only D1 offer he had.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next