It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:21 pm 

DR KEN MIGHT BE GETTING DRUNK TONIGHT! :drunken:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
It's going to be a long WINTer for Beckman.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
From my NIU Board:

Quote:
Bill Cubit to the rescue..

press release..

URBANA, Ill. – University of Illinois Director of Athletics Mike Thomas dismissed head football coach Tim Beckman on Friday, citing preliminary results of an external review into allegations involving the program.

Thomas said the timing is unfortunate with the season one week away. But based on preliminary findings, he said, it was in the best interests of student-athletes to act now rather than when a final report is issued and publicly released, which likely will occur during the season.

"The preliminary information external reviewers shared with me does not reflect our values or our commitment to the welfare of our student-athletes, and I've chosen to act accordingly," Thomas said. "During the review, we have asked people not to rush to judgment, but I now have enough information to make this decision in assessing the status and direction of the football program."

Thomas said he has met with players and staff to inform them of the decision and reiterated that the health and well-being of student-athletes is the top priority throughout the athletic department's 21 programs.

During a preliminary briefing from the external reviewers, Thomas said he learned of efforts to deter injury reporting and influence medical decisions that pressured players to avoid or postpone medical treatment and continue playing despite injuries. He also said in some instances student-athletes were treated inappropriately with respect to whether they could remain on scholarship during the spring semester of their senior year if they weren't on the team.

"Both of those findings are unsettling violations of University policy and practice and do not reflect the culture that we wish to create in athletic programs for our young people," Thomas said. "I expect my coaches to protect players and foster their success on and off the field."

He said the review continues and a final report has not yet been issued. To date, more than 90 individuals have been interviewed by the Franczek Radelet law firm and 200,000 documents have been reviewed, along with a large volume of practice and game video from Beckman's three years as head coach.

Thomas said Bill Cubit, who joined the Illini coaching staff as offensive coordinator in 2013, has been named interim head coach for the 2015 season. The appointment will be submitted to the Board of Trustees for approval at their September 10 meeting. Thomas said the external review did not indicate any findings related to Coach Cubit.

Beckman will not receive the $3.1 million remaining on the last two years of his original five-year contract or the $743,000 called for if his contract had been bought out.

Beckman's record in three years as head coach was 12-25 overall, 4-20 in Big Ten Conference games. He led Illinois to the Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl in December 2014.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:33 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
spanky wrote:

Why wait?

I'm all for it but this is also Thomas trying to save his own ass.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Thomas has to go.

There was only one reason not to fire Beckman after having a former player beat the living shit out of his offense at the Heart of Chicken Strips bowl.... and that was not having to pay multiple coaches simultaneously.

if Illinois goes better than 2-9 this year it'll be a miracle. And nobody of any particular value is going to want to take over this trainwreck in 2016 if Mike Thomas is still the AD.

Go get a new AD, have the AD hire somebody young from an interesting conference (MAC?) for 3-4 years to try and make the team at least interesting to watch on the field if not successful against the top half of the conference.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:38 pm 

What a fucked up place that is down there, I am sorry for you Illini fans. :(

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:39 pm 

The AD is obviously gone, and if I'm Groce I'm looking to get out while I can after the season.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Hawg Ass wrote:

Yeah that's why I got the heck out after one year. I couldn't stand that town (really those two towns) or the university.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:15 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Yeah that's why I got the heck out after one year. I couldn't stand that town (really those two towns) or the university.
Ok, a lot more makes sense now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
I would think that Illinois OC Bill Cubit, who is the interim head coach, will be just that all season.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Ok, a lot more makes sense now.

Long live the Lou Tepper era! I still get sick thinking about that run down place and the smell emanating from the south corn fields.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:54 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
spanky wrote:

Why wait?

I'm upset that they're firing him for this garbage rather than for being a complete horseshit coach.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:57 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
spanky wrote:

Why wait?

I'm upset that they're firing him for this garbage rather than for being a complete horseshit coach.

Wisch or somebody said they already talked to other D1 ADs and the "allegations" are pretty typical.

He's just being cut loose.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
They'll probably have the same record they would have had with him anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
What a mess.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Prepare yourself Champaign...PJ Fleck is coming...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
This way they save money.

If he wasn't a horseshit coach, they'd find a way not to fire him for all of this other shit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:44 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
From the former coach:

“I am shocked and extremely disappointed by the decision Mike Thomas and the University of Illinois made today regarding my employment as head coach of the football team," Beckman said in the statement. "First and foremost, I firmly deny the implications in Mike’s statements that I took any action that was not in the best interests of the health, safety and well-being of my players. The health and well-being of our student-athletes is of paramount importance to me, and any statement made to the contrary is utterly false. Additionally, in connection with scholarships for student-athletes, I have complied with the policies and regulations of both the university and the NCAA and I have fully supported the university compliance office. Moreover, all of the actions that I took regarding individual scholarships were in lockstep with the university’s appointed personnel and the directions and approvals I received from university officials.

“I fully cooperated with the university’s investigation, having sat down for two lengthy interviews and turning over all documentation requested of me. The fact that the university did not even complete its investigation in this matter is evidence that this entire process was nothing more than a rush to judgment and confirms the university’s abject bad faith. Furthermore, the university’s actions today are in violation of the procedures mandated under my employment agreement. As such, I will vigorously defend both my reputation and my legal rights.

“I am very proud of my career at the University of Illinois. Off-field incidents involving my players have been essentially non-existent while academic performance and graduation rates have been extraordinary. The love and support I have received today from my players means everything to me.”

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:21 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
From the former coach:

“I am shocked and extremely disappointed by the decision Mike Thomas and the University of Illinois made today regarding my employment as head coach of the football team," Beckman said in the statement. "First and foremost, I firmly deny the implications in Mike’s statements that I took any action that was not in the best interests of the health, safety and well-being of my players. The health and well-being of our student-athletes is of paramount importance to me, and any statement made to the contrary is utterly false. Additionally, in connection with scholarships for student-athletes, I have complied with the policies and regulations of both the university and the NCAA and I have fully supported the university compliance office. Moreover, all of the actions that I took regarding individual scholarships were in lockstep with the university’s appointed personnel and the directions and approvals I received from university officials.

“I fully cooperated with the university’s investigation, having sat down for two lengthy interviews and turning over all documentation requested of me. The fact that the university did not even complete its investigation in this matter is evidence that this entire process was nothing more than a rush to judgment and confirms the university’s abject bad faith. Furthermore, the university’s actions today are in violation of the procedures mandated under my employment agreement. As such, I will vigorously defend both my reputation and my legal rights.

“I am very proud of my career at the University of Illinois. Off-field incidents involving my players have been essentially non-existent while academic performance and graduation rates have been extraordinary. The love and support I have received today from my players means everything to me.”

That's totally his voice.

If he said abject once, he said it 10,000 times.

#WINT

#prolongedlegalnightmareofcontinuedbadpublicity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Hire Jim Tressel. Pay him $5 million per year. Illinois will probably go with PJ though.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Bump.....

Almost a year after being fired at Illinois, coach Tim Beckman has found another job.

According to the News-Gazette, Beckman has joined the North Carolina staff as a volunteer assistant with the defensive staff. North Carolina officials confirmed the report.

Beckman was fired last August after an external review into allegations found he discouraged players from reporting injuries. At the time, athletic director Mike Thomas stated that Beckman was terminated “based on the health and well-being of our student-athletes” and that “the findings don’t reflect the culture we are building with Illinois athletics.” Thomas was fired months later.

Beckman, who went 12-25 overall with the Illini and 4-20 in Big Ten, denied the allegations.

North Carolina coach Larry Fedora and Beckman do have a history as they worked together at Oklahoma State in 2007.

Beckman isn’t the first coach fired for abuse to find new employment. Former Kansas coach Mark Mangino, former South Florida coach Jim Leavitt and former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach all found new employment years after their incidents. But Beckman being back on the coaching scene so soon, especially after such severe allegations definitely raises eyebrows.

Fedora is scheduled to meet with the media Wednesday afternoon.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:50 pm 

Already fired.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer douchenozzle.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:59 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Already fired.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer douchenozzle.

:lol: :lol: :eye:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10