It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Gus Edwards went 38th overall. I had him targeted, took CeeDee Lamb as my #2 WR.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FF gonna disagree with me but that's too high - is that third round-ish? Wouldn't do that.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
early 4th round in my draft.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Gus Edwards went 38th overall. I had him targeted, took CeeDee Lamb as my #2 WR.

Montgomery went 32 in mine, Edwards 33. Both felt a little early to me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:53 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Montgomery went 28th in our 12 team.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:15 am 

Davante AdamsWR | GB
2 / 12 Saquon BarkleyRB | NYG
3 / 29 George KittleTE | SF
4 / 32 Gus EdwardsRB | BAL
5 / 49 Chris GodwinWR | TB
6 / 52 D.J. MooreWR | CAR
7 / 69 Kareem HuntRB | CLE
8 / 72 Justin HerbertQB | LAC
9 / 89 Corey DavisWR | NYJ
10 / 92 DeVonta SmithWR | PHI
11 / 109 James ConnerRB | ARI
12 / 112 Ronald JonesRB | TB
13 / 129 BroncosDST | DEN
14 / 132 Harrison ButkerK | KC
15 / 149 Rondale MooreWR | ARI

The numbers are round/overall.

I reached with my RB group and now I feel shame. My problem is that I looked into the chasm that exists after picking second in the second round and knew I'd be scrambling all year for a bell cow RB. My thought was Barkley at least gave me a chance at a HR and would certainly be drafted higher if everything were sure about him physically. I look at that pick now and think he won't be 100% all year and even if he is, they aren't going to over work him. Gus Edwards was an overdraft but that is me gambling on a guy. I wanted him and he probably wasn't going to be there at the end of the 5th. Kareem Hunt was a nice pick in that spot and he does give me insurance as a low end starter if the other two crap out.

I did well with my receiver group. I have the #1WR in fantasy. I have one of the big three TE, after which there is a significant drop. I have really good depth and could probably go 4 starting WR if I wanted. I also have a couple of rookies who were probably being undervalued, which is particularly shocking for an Alabama Heisman winner in Smith. It sounds like the Cardinals like what they see in Moore so maybe he becomes something.

I'm very happy with Herbert. Someone stole Jackson just in front of me. People waited on QB this year, which is unusual in our league.

Overall, I should have waited on RB early and loaded up at WR. I could see that by halfway through the draft. I should have seen that in RD 1, as the RB flew off the board. I forgot the principal to take the talent that falls to you, regardless of positional need. I should have gone Adams, Hill/Diggs, stuck with Kittle at 3 and then gotten a RB at 4. Such is life. Decent draft. Not a home run but probably good enough to get me into the playoffs. I certainly have at least a couple of guys who are the type who can win games for me on their own in a given week.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:17 am 

We got thru 4 rounds and CBS Fantasy sports took a dump last night, we are picking it back up Saturday night.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:30 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Hawg Ass wrote:
We got thru 4 rounds and CBS Fantasy sports took a dump last night, we are picking it back up Saturday night.

Ugh. Drafting on CBS tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Hawg Ass wrote:

doesnt cbs cost money? that's terrible

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:37 am 

A couple of our high school teachers decided to do a fantasy league this year. It has been thrown together in the last day or so. We are drafting today during school and our principal and superintendent are in the league :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:38 am 

billypootons wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

doesnt cbs cost money? that's terrible

Yes, and this isn't the first time it has happened.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:56 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:

Same here. I left the draft and went home because it didn't get back on until about 10.

These drafts are starting to become less enjoyable for me anyway. I like fantasy football but the draft used to be the highlight.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:00 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Same here. I left the draft and went home because it didn't get back on until about 10.

These drafts are starting to become less enjoyable for me anyway. I like fantasy football but the draft used to be the highlight.

Yeah, we gave it until 9 and then decided to pick it back up on Saturday. We had a couple of more cocktails and called it a night.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:13 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Davante AdamsWR | GB

I reached with my RB group and now I feel shame. My problem is that I looked into the chasm that exists after picking second in the second round and knew I'd be scrambling all year for a bell cow RB. My thought was Barkley at least gave me a chance at a HR and would certainly be drafted higher if everything were sure about him physically. I look at that pick now and think he won't be 100% all year and even if he is, they aren't going to over work him. Gus Edwards was an overdraft but that is me gambling on a guy. I wanted him and he probably wasn't going to be there at the end of the 5th. Kareem Hunt was a nice pick in that spot and he does give me insurance as a low end starter if the other two crap out.

I did well with my receiver group. I have the #1WR in fantasy. I have one of the big three TE, after which there is a significant drop. I have really good depth and could probably go 4 starting WR if I wanted. I also have a couple of rookies who were probably being undervalued, which is particularly shocking for an Alabama Heisman winner in Smith. It sounds like the Cardinals like what they see in Moore so maybe he becomes something.

I'm very happy with Herbert. Someone stole Jackson just in front of me. People waited on QB this year, which is unusual in our league.

Overall, I should have waited on RB early and loaded up at WR. I could see that by halfway through the draft. I should have seen that in RD 1, as the RB flew off the board. I forgot the principal to take the talent that falls to you, regardless of positional need. I should have gone Adams, Hill/Diggs, stuck with Kittle at 3 and then gotten a RB at 4. Such is life. Decent draft. Not a home run but probably good enough to get me into the playoffs. I certainly have at least a couple of guys who are the type who can win games for me on their own in a given week.

FWIW, I love the Hunt pick. I targeted him in all my drafts and fell short - I think you got him at a great spot. If Chubb misses time then Hunt automatically becomes a pass-catching RB1, and even when Chubbs is in Hunt to me is a solid RB2/low-end RB1 (in PPR leagues). I think he'll be a better fantasy back than Edwards (let's see).

I thought Barkley was good value in round 2. I avoided Godwin after getting burned last year, but that's more because of the weapons around him and not necessarily because of anything to do with him as a player. He might be the best WR on that team.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:17 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Yeah, we gave it until 9 and then decided to pick it back up on Saturday. We had a couple of more cocktails and called it a night.

I think part of my problem is that I just don't like all the guys I play with as friends the way I used to. A few have become crazed right wingers, where even during the draft all they want to talk about is politics. A couple burned me as friends without apology or acknowledgement and treat our relationship as if everything should be cool. There are still some great guys and it is good fellowship but it just doesn't feel as tight knit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Davante AdamsWR | GB

FWIW, I love the Hunt pick. I targeted him in all my drafts and fell short - I think you got him at a great spot. If Chubb misses time then Hunt automatically becomes a pass-catching RB1, and even when Chubbs is in Hunt to me is a solid RB2/low-end RB1 (in PPR leagues). I think he'll be a better fantasy back than Edwards (let's see).

I thought Barkley was good value in round 2. I avoided Godwin after getting burned last year, but that's more because of the weapons around him and not necessarily because of anything to do with him as a player. He might be the best WR on that team.

The problem with Barkley is that he may not get much work early in the season as he comes off injury. Speaking of which - I picked him 2nd overall last season…thanks Bears :x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:38 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Diggs is going to be the best fantasy wide receiver. Barkley probably won't get a lot of touches until around week 6. I think dolphin has enough depth to weather that storm.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
If I still played fantasy and drew pick #9 out of 10 I would just quit and try again next year.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:16 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
shakes wrote:
If I still played fantasy and drew pick #9 out of 10 I would just quit and try again next year.

I think that's a great place to pick. Too many questions marks with the top picks and it gives you an opportunity to read the board.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:22 am 

Had our school draft. I love drafting with people who have no clue what is going on. 10 team league. I had pick #7. Kamara and Adams were my top 2 picks

QB
Justin Herbert
Joe Burrow

RB
Alvin Kamara
Joe Mixon
David Montgomery
G. Edwards
K Drake
AJ Dillon

WR
Davante Adams
Justin Jefferson
Adam Thielen
R Anderson
Deebo Samuel

TE
Logan Thomas

Def
Carolina

K
Santos

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Looks like a solid draft. I don't love the Hunt pick as he's TD dependent with Chubb and disappointed as the feature back without Chubb last year, but it's fine where you got him.

I think the concern about Barkley is overstated. Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth, the Giants are going to get punched early and often, they will want to use him.

I would never in a million years take James Conner over RoJo but getting Jones in the 12th is awesome value.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:40 am 

Nas wrote:
Diggs is going to be the best fantasy wide receiver.

Not with that TD rate he won't

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I love Diggs, Brittle Kittle is another guy on my do not touch list this year.

AJ Brown
Barkley
McCaffrey
Golladay
Julio Jones
Kittle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:11 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Had our school draft. I love drafting with people who have no clue what is going on. 10 team league. I had pick #7. Kamara and Adams were my top 2 picks

QB
Justin Herbert
Joe Burrow

RB
Alvin Kamara
Joe Mixon
David Montgomery
G. Edwards
K Drake
AJ Dillon

WR
Davante Adams
Justin Jefferson
Adam Thielen
R Anderson
Deebo Samuel

TE
Logan Thomas

Def
Carolina

K
Santos

My guy Logan Thomas..big year acomin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:12 pm 

Listen to 312 dolphin. Go offer Kittle for Logan Thomas :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:15 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Listen to 312 dolphin. Go offer Kittle for Logan Thomas :lol:

I got your guy fant in another league..tried to trade a guy Logan Thomas for Fant.. radio silence

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:26 pm 

On Hunt, it depends if you're in a PPR league or not. After the elite tier, I'd take Hunt later over the following guys going earlier:

Edmonds
Henderson
Swift
Edwards

That allows me to grab a guy like Woods or Godwin over Edwards. So then I have Woods and Hunt vs Edwards and whatever WR you grab later. That's just me and it may suck.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:50 pm 

You're basically banking on outlier TD luck again drafting Hunt to start for you even at flex.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:10 pm 

saquon against Broncos
Hunt against KC or
DeVonta Smith against Falcons

I think the balls are going to be flying around in that Eagles/Falcons game and Smith will emerge as a major player. Same with Browns/Chiefs. I think the running will not be easy for Barkley against a refurbished Bronco D.

I have the unconventional thought to go with Smith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:16 pm 

I would go with Saquon. Hunt would not be in consideration for me of those three though.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next