It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
billypootons wrote:
Chus wrote:
12 team league. I am in 4th place at 5-5. I have the most points scored, and the most points scored against me.

this is why one of my leagues awards the 5th and 6th playoff spots to the best "breakdown" record.... essentially you tally how your team would have performed each week against the entire league.... so if you were top scoring team that week you go 11-0, if 3rd lowest scoring team you go 2-9.... etc... add those weekly records up each week and those teams get the final playoff spots... so teams that ran in to bad luck PA wise still get in. been doing it for years with no complaints. i recall last year a 4-9 team made the playoffs because they had just had insane bad luck each week goign against high scoring teams

In the Yahoo leagues, you can read the recap of your matchup, and it will show what your record would be if you played every team every week.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Last edited by Chus on Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:41 pm 

I am trailing by 2.42 points with Baldwin going tonight. One catch for 15 yards will do it.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Chus wrote:
I am trailing by 2.42 points with Baldwin going tonight. One catch for 15 yards will do it.

Its Fantasy Football so he will probably get 1 catch for 34yds and a lost fumble :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Chus wrote:

Its Fantasy Football so he will probably get 1 catch for 34yds and a lost fumble :mrgreen:

in fantasy playoffs two years ago i needed 1.5 pts in a 0.5ppr league from devante parker on monday night.... it took until miami's final pass attempt of the game (late 4th qtr) for him to catch an 11 yard pass...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
billypootons wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Chus wrote:

in fantasy playoffs two years ago i needed 1.5 pts in a 0.5ppr league from devante parker on monday night.... it took until miami's final pass attempt of the game (late 4th qtr) for him to catch an 11 yard pass...

My worst beat in FF was two years ago. It was the first year we did a family league, and I thought I had beat my sister in the championship game to win the first title..... until the following Thursday when stat corrections finally applied and they gave DeAngelo Williams a lost fumble, resulting in me losing the championship game by .5 points and having to send the prize money that was just paypal'd to me the day before to my sister. Still enrages me.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:00 pm 

Lost again. Once I was 9-0 I started building a team for weeks 15-16 but 2 losses now.

Played Dak over Cousins.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:17 pm 

Wilson is getting a piece of pretty much every single yard of offense the Seahawks produce these days. Having him QB my fantasy team is the most automatic high point production I have ever experienced in fantasy.

I caught the guy I was chasing by 40 going in to last night and won by 20. It helped that Wilson didn't look for Baldwin until the last drive and that my opponent for some phenomenally ignorant reason started Goff (@ Vikings) instead of Big Ben. I got lucky this week as Ingram had a huge overtime as well. Better to be lucky than good.

8-3 and in sole possession of first place with the highest point total and best record in the league. I haven't officially wrapped up a playoff spot but it would be almost impossible not to make it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:34 am 

9-3. #1 seed in the playoffs is locked up. I should also secure my 4th week of being the highest scoring team of the weekend. I have won 7 straight. I don't consider this one of my best teams but there are strong indicators otherwise.

Wilson effortlessly throwing down top scores each week is really the difference.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:25 am 

10-2
Clinched a 2 seed at worst, magic number to lock up 1 seed is 1.

Also I picked up A-Aron and stashed him on my IR and now it looks like he'll be coming back in Week 15

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:41 am 

tied for 1st at 9-3.... and i play the other 9-3 team this week... so a win and i get #1 seed and a bye.... but the real nutshot is if I lose, the 3rd place team is 8-4 and has h2h tiebreaker over me... he also has a cake matchup this week, so if i lose i move down to 3rd and have to play week 14..... oh and this week my 2nd RB spot can be filled with either concussed freeman or concussed martin or jd mckissic.... best on waivers is j stew or a a bunch of guys rostered in less than 25% of espn leagues.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:58 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
10-2

Also I picked up A-Aron and stashed him on my IR and now it looks like he'll be coming back in Week 15

Who?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:59 am 

billypootons wrote:
tied for 1st at 9-3.... and i play the other 9-3 team this week... so a win and i get #1 seed and a bye.... but the real nutshot is if I lose, the 3rd place team is 8-4 and has h2h tiebreaker over me... he also has a cake matchup this week, so if i lose i move down to 3rd and have to play week 14..... oh and this week my 2nd RB spot can be filled with either concussed freeman or concussed martin or jd mckissic.... best on waivers is j stew or a a bunch of guys rostered in less than 25% of espn leagues.

can you go with 4 WR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
10-2

Who?

Racist.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:01 am 

good dolphin wrote:
billypootons wrote:

can you go with 4 WR

ha, would if i could but this is a 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, flex, te league

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:50 am 

10-3. 8 game win streak. Division champ and first round bye.

I think the only thing that stops me this year is if I play someone who has some WR/RB put up some unworldly number. However, that has happened for me the last two weeks with Jones and Hill.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:06 pm 

I'm in some trouble Week 15 in looking ahead.

Wilson
Gurley
Ingram
Hill

all play against top 10 defenses against their position. That is going to be a really big problem for me. No way you can sit them and no way they all make their averages. Wilson's worst game since Week 2 was against his week 15 opponent, the rams. Gurley has been getting his numbers even against top D, but he isn't going to bust out for one of those games that wins you a playoff. Ingram has been consistently great but maybe they don't try to run against a tough D line. You can't ever bank on Hill who is boom and bust.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:11 pm 

cbssports recalibrated scores from last weekend just last night resulting in team's vying for a playoff spot to change from a win to a loss. They even sent out a weekly recap of the game as a win on Tuesday.

The team that lost now won and made the playoffs when they previously had not. The team that won now lost and was moved from 3 to 6 seed. The 6 seed was bounced.

All of this was after everyone had already gone through waivers this week, set their lineups and the week of games had already started.

Chaos insued.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:45 am 

I would have lost both playoff games this week if I didn't have the bye. I ended up getting a good draw with my opponent winning in the first round because of uncharacteristically good games from Dez Bryant and Demaryius Thomas and an otherworldly game from Big Ben.

I think Ben is the only one who can really hurt me on his team. Unfortunately he is at home and against NE this week. I can only hope they hope to beat the Pats by keeping the ball away from their offense with Bell getting lots of carries.

This game scares me. All my big guys are against good D.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
barely made it at 6-7 a the #7. Beat #2 this past weekend. #1 was bounced by #8.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:09 pm 

As long as DeSean Jackson doesn't score 40 tomorrow night, I'm in the championship.

But I'm fucked.

A Brown, Rodgers, and Adams all out next week.

Ill need a heroic effort from replacements Foles/Cousins/Prescott and Sterling Shepard and Crowder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:04 pm 

I am going to win in the semifinals of a public Yahoo league that I joined. I had a two point lead after the late afternoon games, with Crabtree and Julio Jones not even playing yet. Not bad for losing A-A-Ron for seven weeks.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:42 am 

Remember when I said I was afraid I would lose this week because Ingram, Gurley and Hill all played against top 10 defenses?

On to the championships!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:09 am 

I'm the prohibitive favorite going into the championship. His only guys I think who can hurt me are Leveon Bell, Cousins and Mc Caffery.

My guess is that after watching last night's game, Chico is going to pound it into the middle on the Buccaneers this week with Stewart until the beg for mercy. This would leave Mc caffery with few touches.

Who know with Cousins. Great days and bad days. Denver still has a very good pass defense but I wonder if they have packed it in. I'd bet not.

That leaves Bell, who is capable of winning a fantasy game on his own. My guess is he doesn't run wild on a good Houston D, at least not enough to win a game.

I like my chances.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
The dream is over.

Went 10-1 in the regular season and completely shit the bed this week. projection of 116 scoring 60 points.
R Wilson
Thielen
Julio Jones
Funchess
Alfred Morris

Scored 1 TD on the day and that was from Russell. On to next year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:39 am 

TurdFerguson wrote:
The dream is over.

Went 10-1 in the regular season and completely shit the bed this week. projection of 116 scoring 60 points.
R Wilson
Thielen
Julio Jones
Funchess
Alfred Morris

Just the worst when everybody shits the bed.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Chus wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
The dream is over.

R Wilson
Thielen
Julio Jones
Funchess
Alfred Morris

Just the worst when everybody shits the bed.

Especially when the other guy blows and didn't even set a lineup! He had 74 with Fournette (scratch), Eiffert (IR), Houston D -3, and Baldwin (bedshitter). Dammit , i need a drink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:33 am 

I am only a slight favorite in this.

He has Cousins who the cbs experts are not very high on this week. I'm wondering whether he will ditch him for a guy like Bortles or Flacco. If so, I could just go beast mode on waivers right now and sign then cut every good QB to prevent him. My lineup is very locked in so I could do that with my entire team of backups.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:

He has Cousins who the cbs experts are not very high on this week. I'm wondering whether he will ditch him for a guy like Bortles or Flacco. If so, I could just go beast mode on waivers right now and sign then cut every good QB to prevent him. My lineup is very locked in so I could do that with my entire team of backups.

If I was you I would definitely grab Bortles before he does.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:27 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

If I was you I would definitely grab Bortles before he does.

I took Bortles, Flacco and Foles, leaving Winston as the top QB. Good luck to Jameis on a short week, being out of the playoffs, Christmas Eve and playing the Panther D.

We have a very healthy prize even for second so I the strategy is sound even though I just added about $20 onto my fees today.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:43 pm 

and now I get an league wide e-mail mfing me for picking up all those players, not from the guy I'm playing, mind you

I made a funny response and now everyone is busting his balls.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next