It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:22 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
What position(s) do you go after in the first two rounds?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:57 am 

blackhawksfan wrote:
What position(s) do you go after in the first two rounds?

Doggystyle
Missionary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:59 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Doing a fantasy football team for the first time in about 7 or 8 years. Just doing an auto draft and will sort it out after I see what the
computer gives me. Only doing it because my brother in law needed one more and asked.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:13 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
you draft the best available WR or RB in first 2 rounds. i prefer drafting players under the age of 28 too. don't draft a QB until round 8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:51 am 
Depends on the scoring and what draft position, but RB, WR or RB, RB is the way to go this year. Lots of unknowns at RB. Gotta get them early or throw a dart.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Don't take a QB before Round 10. Get a top 3 TE in the first 3 rounds or wait until the end of the draft and grab a lottery ticket at the position.

Outside of those two rules, don't pigeonhole yourself into a strategy. See what is happening during the draft and who is falling where.

I will say I generally disagree with B Mac. I think RB's are being overvalued this year because WR1's were historically bad as a group last year. They should see some positive regression this year and I like the idea of zigging when everyone else is zagging. If you are towards the end of the first round you can grab two of Hopkins/Julio/Odell/Allen/Thomas and load up on high variance of outcome RB's in the middle and later rounds. It all depends on how the draft is unfolding though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:21 am 

I had Gurley last year. No way he repeats that. Im staying away.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
rogers park bryan wrote:

the only way gurley doesnt have a top 3 RB season is if he gets hurt.... and all RB's can get hurt.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:45 am 

billypootons wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

the only way gurley doesnt have a top 3 RB season is if he gets hurt.... and all RB's can get hurt.

Rb's fall off all the time. Who is the last one to have multiple years as a top fantasy option? Adrian Peterson like 6 years ago?

Maybe he'll have another good year but I wont be caught holding the bag if he doesnt.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:50 am 

billypootons wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I think that's a little strong of a statement. LeVeon Bell and David Johnson could very easily outproduce Gurley, and then all it takes is one more guy taking a leap, and I can easily see someone like Cook, Hunt, Kamara, Barkley, etc jumping into the top 3.

Overall I agree with you that Gurley is relatively safe top 2 pick though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:18 pm 
FavreFan wrote:
Don't take a QB before Round 10. Get a top 3 TE in the first 3 rounds or wait until the end of the draft and grab a lottery ticket at the position.

Outside of those two rules, don't pigeonhole yourself into a strategy. See what is happening during the draft and who is falling where.

I will say I generally disagree with B Mac. I think RB's are being overvalued this year because WR1's were historically bad as a group last year. They should see some positive regression this year and I like the idea of zigging when everyone else is zagging. If you are towards the end of the first round you can grab two of Hopkins/Julio/Odell/Allen/Thomas and load up on high variance of outcome RB's in the middle and later rounds. It all depends on how the draft is unfolding though.

I’m 100% on board with that strategy (I’ll add Adams to the list) with a late draft slot, especially in PPR. I’m just seeing so much less certainty this year that instead of my usual punting on RB I’m leaning towards making sure I have solid ones if possible.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:28 am 

FavreFan wrote:

One of my principal drafting philosophies is to be one of the last people to draft a QB. That allows me to maximize on my other positions and there are plenty of QB throwing for 300 yards each week. I think there are also a lot of guys on the come this year (hey, hey).

The Bears are going to be heavily undervalued. Trey Burton will be a top 10 fantasy TE, given the offense and the money invested in him. Nagy is absolutely sandbagging this pre season with both Burton and Cohen. All we heard was how much offense was going to run through Cohen but when the games started he disappeared. I think they are saving him for a heavy workload.

I like to get my 3 WR and 2 RB before I move to any other position.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:41 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Agree on Burton. I stay away from all Bears in FF but Burton is one guy I'm looking to pick.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:45 am 

I love Burton if you can get him as like... the 7th TE off the board or later. I've seen him go as high as 5th off the board in multiple mock drafts. I'm not so sure he's undervalued.

Jordan Howard is the one Bear I consistently see undervalued. Even in PPR formats he should be right up there in that Dalvin Cook/Kareem Hunt tier. He could be a touchdown monster this year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Peoria Matt wrote:
n him go as high as 5th off the board in multiple mock drafts. I'm not so sure he's undervalued.Jordan Howard is the one Bear I consistently see undervalued. Even in PPR formats h

I try to stay away from the local team. To much talk in the media and they tend to be overvalued.

In Chicago, Trey Burton is everyone's sleeper so you have to grab him earlier. I bet he gets the most targets, but at the goal line they focus on Shaheen. If I can't get a top 3 guy with value I usually sit on tight-end until about the 10th round. Grab the best available before anyone starts grabbing their backup. Then watch the waiver wire a pick up anyone getting 7+ targets the first week.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Love taken a QB they usually score a lot of points....I found drafting a tight end unless it's a Gronk is useless

I'm out.