It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:19 am 

Coming off a championship season and I get saddled with the last pick through the random generator.

I think this is the year of the return of RB preeminence. Hopefully that pushes De Andre Hopkins at WR down to me.

Obviously I will have to go RB/WR at twelve and thirteen.

Not sure where I am going yet and I still have a couple of weeks until the draft but it really looks like I'm going to get stuck with non dynamic players

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:20 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
thanks, keep us updated as the year continues

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
good dolphin wrote:
Not sure where I am going yet and I still have a couple of weeks until the draft but it really looks like I'm going to get stuck with non dynamic players

If you insist on taking a RB at that turn it's certainly possible.

You should be in a great spot to grab to premium WR1's though. I have the 10th pick in a 10 man league this year, which at first I hated, but after doing several mock drafts I've found that every team I draft looks better if I go with two top WR's first like Odell/Hopkins/Julio/Allen/Thomas.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:31 am 

FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

You should be in a great spot to grab to premium WR1's though. I have the 10th pick in a 10 man league this year, which at first I hated, but after doing several mock drafts I've found that every team I draft looks better if I go with two top WR's first like Odell/Hopkins/Julio/Allen/Thomas.

I think Hopkins is the lynchpin to my strategy but its probably not happening.

I don't see people jumping at the QB in the first round like I used to be able to count on every year.

Not drafting a RB puts me into a very uncomfortable position of waiting until nearly the 4th round and absolutely requiring me to then take two.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:51 am 

good dolphin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I don't see people jumping at the QB in the first round like I used to be able to count on every year.

Not drafting a RB puts me into a very uncomfortable position of waiting until nearly the 4th round and absolutely requiring me to then take two.

But if you have two premium pass catchers in the first two rounds I'd be more than happy grabbing two of guys like Alex Collins/Kenyan Drake/Royce Freeman/Ajayi/Lynch/Dion Lewis/etc at the next turn. I think they are solid weekly starters with upside. A lot of good RB's can be had even later like Tariq Cohen, Kerryon Johnson, Chris Carson, Burkhead/Michel, Ty Montgomery, Tevin Coleman.

I dunno. I'm not gonna say for sure I won't draft a RB at the first turn, but considering the RB depth that can be had later, I can't convince myself to take someone like Dalvin Cook or Kareem Hunt over Odell/Hopkins/Julio. Melvin Gordon is the only one I am considering that might be there but even then I still think I'd go with the two WR1's.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:59 am 

FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

But if you have two premium pass catchers in the first two rounds I'd be more than happy grabbing two of guys like Alex Collins/Kenyan Drake/Royce Freeman/Ajayi/Lynch/Dion Lewis/etc at the next turn. I think they are solid weekly starters with upside. A lot of good RB's can be had even later like Tariq Cohen, Kerryon Johnson, Chris Carson, Burkhead/Michel, Ty Montgomery, Tevin Coleman.

I dunno. I'm not gonna say for sure I won't draft a RB at the first turn, but considering the RB depth that can be had later, I can't convince myself to take someone like Dalvin Cook or Kareem Hunt over Odell/Hopkins/Julio. Melvin Gordon is the only one I am considering that might be there but even then I still think I'd go with the two WR1's.

On the do not draft list

I think you can find starter worthy WR thoughout the draft easier than finding RB. I can live with having a RB2 who is only getting me points as a pass catcher. I need one bell cow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:03 am 

If you're playing in a PPR league and he is on your do not draft list... that's a bad idea. He's a tremendous value at his current ADP.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:52 am 

I'd rather see my sister in a whore house than a Packer on my fantasy team

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:36 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
depends on your league settings, but I'd consider Aaron Rodgers as your whip.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
QB/D-ST is a good play.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
good dolphin wrote:
I'd rather see my sister in a whore house than a Packer on my fantasy team

great poster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
You are going to take Travis Kelce and Dalvin Cook at 12/13. This will cause you to win your league almost single-handedly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:02 am 

I will not be taking Kelsey.

I see the early drafting of TE as one of the pitfalls of fantasy. I try not to do it but I really believe I could go week to week pulling a TE from FA and be no worse than league average at the position. The cost ends up being a bit high.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:13 am 

I would go the two WR route if Hopkins and Odell are available. I expect one will be.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:22 am 

My brother texted me this morning to remind me our draft is tonight. I thought it was next week. Hope there’s an auto draft option.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:56 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I would go the two WR route if Hopkins and Odell are available. I expect one will be.

Always good to listen to the experts

FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:11 am 

My team blows. Stupid yahoo drafted me all the injured guys.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:15 am 

Once again, the boys in blue have taken control of scheduling and the draft is on a week day. This really is cutting into my enjoyment of playing with the group. I'm sure all of them have to work all weekend but there has to be a window there for them.

On the other hand, the Van Dyke case begins Tuesday so I'm sure I'll be treated to some colorful insight.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:54 pm 

I'm going in hoping for Hopkins. I have a sneaking suspicion I'll be left with someone like Dalvin Cook

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:42 am 

Some people have greatness thrust upon them. The rest of the league decided to go RB heavy in the first round. When I say heavy I mean that not one WR went before my pick. I had a grin from ear to ear as I went up and quickly chose Antonio Brown. I was presented with a decision in OBJ or Hopkins. I stuck to my original intel and took Hopkins. I really don't know how this luck went my way. The guy before me wasn't there so I thought he was autodrafting. Obviously he was not as Brown was clearly the value at 11.

I understand the security of a good RB and I do think there were many of them in this draft for the first time in a long time. However, it really is critical to take value and there is no way after the fourth or so pick that you could say Brown didn't present value over a RB.

So I am anxiously sitting there after taking two WR knowing I will be chasing RB the rest of the night. I think I made a nice selection of Collins at the end of 3 but again the value was in WR with the wrap around pick to start 4. I think T Y is going to have a great bounceback year with Luck (who I drafted later) and he was much better than what was left at RB. We had to have had at least 20 RB drafted by that point as 11 went in 1 alone.

So yes, at this point I was in pretty desperate RB chase mode. I hate drafting for position. I thought I would get cute in 5 with Josh Gordon with a possible monster team of 4 WR and 1 RB. Some joker took him a few picks before me as the guys who overdrafted RB now had to overdraft WR. I took Dion Lewis and Chris Carson. I felt both were reaches as I doubt Carson is the starter by the second quarter of the season and you can never feel confident on a week to week basis of Lewis' production. I was stupid for not taking Kerryon Johnson but I thought he would slip.

I get to the end of round 7 and I must grab a QB here. There is no doubt there will be a run between my wrap around at 8 and my pick at the end of 9. I had Big Ben, Garrapolo and Luck on the board. I could make an argument for any of the three. Drafting by the book would have meant Ben. I'm buying in on the Luck comeback. In hindsight, it might have been a better idea to hedge that bet as I already had T Y. I'm not unhappy with the pick.

Again, I'm chasing RB so I took a shot with some old guys showing promise late with Alfred Morris and Adrian Peterson. I'm not buying Breida at 190 pounds being a guy the 49ers are going to use to run that ball. I say Morris has a very big role and is RB2 level quality soon in this season.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:43 am 

Here is my draft. The computer gave me an A+. I think I did well also:

Antonio Brown

DeAndre Hopkins

Alex Collins

T.Y. Hilton

Dion Lewis

Chris Carson

Delanie Walker

Andrew Luck

Kenny Golladay

Alfred Morris

Adrian Peterson

Vikings

Harrison Butker

Patrick Mahomes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:28 am 

My brother took Bell third. I feel semi responsible because we were kicking around bell or Elliott at that spot in the ride to the draft and I said it had to be Bell. On the other hand he stole my guy Penny (I drafted Carson earlier) late in the draft rather than backing himself up with Conner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:40 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Rb's come out of nowhere every year. That's a hell of a team from the 12 spot.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:58 am 

good dolphin wrote:
My brother took Bell third. I feel semi responsible because we were kicking around bell or Elliott at that spot in the ride to the draft and I said it had to be Bell. On the other hand he stole my guy Penny (I drafted Carson earlier) late in the draft rather than backing himself up with Conner

Ouch. Easy to say now, but even weeks ago I would've said I can't imagine drafting Bell and not picking up Conner. Gurley has a lot less risk than Bell and I feel the same about him and John Kelly. Rookie move by your brother.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:21 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Ouch. Easy to say now, but even weeks ago I would've said I can't imagine drafting Bell and not picking up Conner. Gurley has a lot less risk than Bell and I feel the same about him and John Kelly. Rookie move by your brother.

and now he has Fuller out as well but is somehow ahead with the guy he is playing having less PMR.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:22 pm 

I feel that I made the correct choice in Luck. I have had a string of getting QB either on a comeback or emerging who are too risky to take with a high pick. My only complaint is that a might have a QB controversy with Luck and Mahomes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:25 am 

1-0

No huge games other than Vikings D but really no bad ones. Really encouraging that I may have found a solid rotation of RB with Peterson almost touching 100, Lewis and Carson having great multi purpose games and Collins finding the endzone before sitting after being up 40.

On the bad side, I need a TE with Walker gone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:01 am 

Golloday now looking like a guy I can start as well. Week 1 was kind to me

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:10 am 

11th in waiver order and I still ended up getting the third TE on the available list. Ouch. Jack Doyle doesn't win you championships but he always ends up having a good game just about when you are ready to cut him

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:24 pm 

I offered a guy Mahomes this week for Melvin Gordon because he has sCam as his starting QB. It seemed irrational at the time and I was just doing it to pull his chain. It's starting to look not as crazy but now I don't think I can afford to trade him