It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Hank Scorpio wrote:
I had to auto draft because I was working. The computer decided I needed all the WRs. I got Hopkins, JuJu, Cooper, Moore and Kupp. Rest of my team is trash. Murray/Newton at QB. Carson and Jacobs at RB. Hooper at TE.

who the hell were the other people drafting???!?!?! that team is gonna crush the league.

except for cooper. dump that bum for RB depth.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Kirkwood wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
I had to auto draft because I was working. The computer decided I needed all the WRs. I got Hopkins, JuJu, Cooper, Moore and Kupp. Rest of my team is trash. Murray/Newton at QB. Carson and Jacobs at RB. Hooper at TE.

who the hell were the other people drafting???!?!?! that team is gonna crush the league.

except for cooper. dump that bum for RB depth.

Agreed, trade Cooper for a RB or a top TE if you can.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

:lol: that sounds like an awesome team.

Chris Carson is gonna be a beast this year.

I have no depth at RB. I picked up the guy from Houston that can only catch. I’ve got Carson’s handcuff and I have the backup RB from The Rams. It’s been so long since I played I had to read a ton, I didn’t recognize any names :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:14 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I have no depth at RB. I picked up the guy from Houston that can only catch. I’ve got Carson’s handcuff and I have the backup RB from The Rams. It’s been so long since I played I had to read a ton, I didn’t recognize any names :lol:

Couple things here :lol:

The guy that can only catch from Houston - I'm assuming you mean Duke Johnson - he could be a top 20 fantasy RB this year. He was on your waiver wire?!?!

Carson's handcuff is Rashaad Penny. He should have stand-alone FLEX value by himself, not just a handcuff.

Malcolm Brown is a good Gurley handcuff to have even if you don't have Gurley. Darrell Henderson probably isn't worth rostering.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
After seeing Hank's team, I'm considering auto drafting.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

The guy that can only catch from Houston - I'm assuming you mean Duke Johnson - he could be a top 20 fantasy RB this year. He was on your waiver wire?!?!

Carson's handcuff is Rashaad Penny. He should have stand-alone FLEX value by himself, not just a handcuff.

Malcolm Brown is a good Gurley handcuff to have even if you don't have Gurley. Darrell Henderson probably isn't worth rostering.

Yeah. Duke Johnson. He made it thru waivers after the draft. I just picked him up. I have Henderson. Sounds like he’s the guy to get rid of. Hahahaha.

I assumed it was a trash team. The ESPN prediction thing said I should finish 8th out of 10.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:52 pm 

You should easily win your league. Try to flip Cooper for a top TE. If you can’t get Kelce, Ertz, or Kittle I would still deal him straight up for Howard or Evan Engram. Other than that your team is fucking loaded. :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:45 pm 

Yahoo gave me a C- and predicted I go 1-12. 12 team ppr draft.

1. (6) Odell Beckham Jr. (Cle - WR)
2. (19) Travis Kelce (KC - TE)
3. (30) David Montgomery (Chi - RB)
4. (43) Tevin Coleman (SF - RB)
5. (54) Miles Sanders (Phi - RB)
6. (67) Alshon Jeffery (Phi - WR)
7. (78) Baker Mayfield (Cle - QB)
8. (91) Darwin Thompson (KC - RB)
9. (102) Los Angeles (LAR - DEF)
10. (115) Matt Breida (SF - RB)
11. (126) Philip Rivers (LAC - QB)
12. (139) Greg Zuerlein (LAR - K)
13. (150) Darren Waller (Oak - TE)
14. (163) Jamaal Williams (GB - RB)
15. (174) Antonio Callaway (Cle - WR)
16. (187) Taylor Gabriel (Chi - WR)

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:56 pm 

DST in the 9th?

I like the RBs and QB's. Kelce staying healthy is huge. Waller in the 13th was a great pick.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:44 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
DST in the 9th?

I like the RBs and QB's. Kelce staying healthy is huge. Waller in the 13th was a great pick.

I can start 3 RBs so I went stronger on that route. I need two of Montgomery, Sanders and Thompson to blow up. That happens I am in good shape, if not I donated this year. I need a 2nd WR. I have been shying away from rookie Wrs as they usually do not produce in fantasy. I was a round early in my DST selection. I was targeting Justin Jackson and he went right before. I did not really like any of the WRs left at that time so I went with a DST.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:23 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

maybe not yet with Henderson, but I really liked him coming out of the draft (real not fantasy). big play back

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:25 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
After seeing Hank's team, I'm considering auto drafting.

sometimes I think I'd have more fun if I got to the draft half an hour early and just start drinking, let the computer pick for me and spend the 3+ hours boozing and breaking balls.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:30 am 

It seems like Montgomery is getting picked too early

The Bears like Davis and he has talent. Montgomery is going to look great from a Bears fan perspective but I'm not sure they are going to lean on him enough to just the #40 ADP I'm seeing on cbs.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:35 am 

good dolphin wrote:

The Bears like Davis and he has talent. Montgomery is going to look great from a Bears fan perspective but I'm not sure they are going to lean on him enough to just the #40 ADP I'm seeing on cbs.

I think he’ll easily outperform RB15 or whatever he’s getting drafted as. He’s gonna be a stud.

I also don’t think I agree on Mike Davis. He’s a guy. He’ll be fine spelling Montgomery but I can’t imagine they have much more of a role than that in store for him. In a draft with very limited draft capital you don’t trade up and take a RB with your top pick if you like the current projected starter.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:49 am 

FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I think he’ll easily outperform RB15 or whatever he’s getting drafted as. He’s gonna be a stud.

I also don’t think I agree on Mike Davis. He’s a guy. He’ll be fine spelling Montgomery but I can’t imagine they have much more of a role than that in store for him. In a draft with very limited draft capital you don’t trade up and take a RB with your top pick if you like the current projected starter.

similarly, you also don't sign a guy on the first day of free agency who you do not plan to use regularly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:52 am 

good dolphin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

similarly, you also don't sign a guy on the first day of free agency who you do not plan to use regularly

Well, that's exactly what your team did.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:07 am 

FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Well, that's exactly what your team did.

Bears were #6 in the league last year in rushing attempts at 468. 68 were by Pro Bowl QB Mitch (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. So, I assume there will be 400 carries to spread around. I expect Davis will get between 125-150, Tarik to get about 80-90, Cordarelle to get 25-30. That leaves 130-170 carries for Montgomery or about 10 per game. I just don't think that will be enough for a back who isn't breaking big runs to have a huge fantasy impact.

My guess is that he gets 650-700 rushing yards, 300 receiving yards and 5 TD.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:08 am 

I don't think there's a chance in hell Mike Davis gets 100 carries barring a Montgomery injury.

I think Montgomery sees about 220-250 total touches, 1,300 yards, 9-10 TDs between rushing/receiving

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:59 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
FavreFan wrote:
I think Montgomery sees about 220-250 total touches, 1,300 yards, 9-10 TDs between rushing/receiving
And a Super Bowl MVP 8)

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:02 am 

FavreFan wrote:
I don't think there's a chance in hell Mike Davis gets 100 carries barring a Montgomery injury.

I don't think there is a chance Mike Davis gets under 100 carries but I certainly appreciate your bullishness on my bear's production

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:06 am 

good dolphin wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I don't think there is a chance Mike Davis gets under 100 carries but I certainly appreciate your bullishness on my bear's production

You know I was a Montgomery guy since Iowa St

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:18 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
keep 2, 12 team redraft league, 0.5ppr std scoring otherwise, start qb, 2rb, 2wr, te, flex, def, k

i didnt have good keepers (watson in 7 and mike will in 11) and i got stuck with the #10 pick so double whammy. i'm bullish on gurley, more so than most. I could have had zeke at 10 but i pussed out... and then i ended up with gordon in the 4th because at that pick it felt like a risk worth taking.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:39 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Better off avoiding zeke, he wont play week 1, probably will miss significant time if the backup produces( he should) great O line.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:28 pm 

4th pick 12 team standard scoring snake draft.

1. RB Zeke
2. RB Montgomery Did I reach? Hell, yeah. I love him.
3. WR Keenan Allen
4. TE Kittle best remaining player at that point
5. WR Godwin I think he's gonna have a great year
6. RB Austin Ekeler
7. WR Robert Woods
8. QB Jameis Winston
9. RB Darrell Henderson
10. WR Marvin Jones
11. QB Lamar Jackson
12. Titans D
13. K Zuerlein
14. WR Albert Wilson
15. TE Mark Andrews
16. RB. Ty Montgomery

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:45 pm 

Good draft. I wouldn’t have taken Zeke At 4 but the risk is worth it. Robert Woods in the 7th is borderline criminal

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:51 pm 

I kept thinking Woods was going to be taken and when he got to me in the 7th I had to take him. Had a couple of guys saying that Montgomery was not worth a high pick which blew my mind. I'm not a Bears homer when it comes to FF but I think he's gonna be the top rookie RB this year.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
12 team league in which you must always have a minimum of 2 QBs, 2 Defense, 2 TEs, and 2 kickers on the roster. Half-point per reception.

1. Saquon Barkley
24. Kerryon Johnson
25. George Kittle
48. Stephon DIggs
49. Robert Woods
72. DeSaun Watson
73. DeDe Westbrook
96. Tony Pollard
97. Emmanuel Sanders
120. James Washington
121. Jags D
144. Darwin Thompson
145. Stephen Gostowski
168. Noah Fant
169. Jimmy Garoppolo
192. Ty Montgomery
193. Titans D
216. Stephen Hauschka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
I just quit my "home league" draft and put it on autopilot. It was round 3 and the guy with the snake pick (last/first) made an odd pick and the draft went on for almost a full round. Then the commish backed out all the picks back to the guy because he was "kicked off". Bullshit. If you don't know how to work a computer that's too bad. No one gets "kicked off" anymore. Then he took they guy I picked 3 picks after him. Not saying there was any collusion or anything, just a bad call by the commish - but, still, F that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:35 pm 

Damn. That sounds like a disaster

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:37 pm 

Franky T wrote:
I just quit my "home league" draft and put it on autopilot. It was round 3 and the guy with the snake pick (last/first) made an odd pick and the draft went on for almost a full round. Then the commish backed out all the picks back to the guy because he was "kicked off". Bullshit. If you don't know how to work a computer that's too bad. No one gets "kicked off" anymore. Then he took they guy I picked 3 picks after him. Not saying there was any collusion or anything, just a bad call by the commish - but, still, F that.

That's screwed.