It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:14 am 

Heart of a champion! I'm back up to 2-2 and still have Mixon going tonight just to rub salt in it.

I picked up Dissly for the off week and he gave me a TD and 7 catches. That's a nice waiver wire play

I'm still a bad team. I'm getting nothing at QB

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:24 am 

I'm down 4 going into tonight with Kittles and 49er D playing for me and my opponent finished. It should be a win but I don't want to be premature.

If I were to win, this would be a remarkable turn around. I have no idea how I'm getting it done, with Mixon being mediocre, Adams only showing half the time and neither of my drafted QB still on the team.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:55 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
1st win of the season! Tyreek Hill should come back this week. Things are looking up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:40 am 

Josh Gordon, Amari Cooper and Will Dissley all go down in the first half of their games and I lose by 10. I thought I was being smart starting Dissley over Kittle. Stupid. I'm lucky to be 3-3 but that was a giveaway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
doug - evergreen park wrote:
1st win of the season! Tyreek Hill should come back this week. Things are looking up.

That was a nice boost.

Won by 15 with Diggs on my bench.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:03 am 

It sure would be nice if either of my first two picks (Adams and Mixon) would start to play football.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
good dolphin wrote:
Josh Gordon, Amari Cooper and Will Dissley all go down in the first half of their games and I lose by 10. I thought I was being smart starting Dissley over Kittle. Stupid. I'm lucky to be 3-3 but that was a giveaway.

you were dumb for having a second TE on your roster after kittle's bye was over... should have traded dissly last week as he was a hot commodity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:50 am 
1000 CLUB

well, i lost by 0.26 points and I'm now 1-5. Season is basically over for me unless I run the table.

Fucking Packers D and Will Dissly's ACL. Just a shit run of luck this year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:45 am 

billypootons wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

you were dumb for having a second TE on your roster after kittle's bye was over... should have traded dissly last week as he was a hot commodity

I tried for two weeks to guys who had TE on byes. I never asked anything outrageous but no one was biting. Guys in my league rarely trade and it gets worse every year.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:38 am 

good dolphin wrote:
billypootons wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I tried for two weeks to guys who had TE on byes. I never asked anything outrageous but no one was biting. Guys in my league rarely trade and it gets worse every year.

i fucking hate leagues that dont trade. admittedly i go nuts with trades on fantasy, but its what makes it fun. my longest participating league im seriously considering leaving because the league is so boring with minimal trades and no one willing to engage in discussions

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:48 am 

Joe Mixon and Davante Adams can share a big bowl of dicks.

I'm just praying to stay out of last place and the monetary penalty that comes with it

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:15 am 

I'll be 4-5 when either Cooper or Tate gets a point today.

4 wins was traditionally good enough to stay out of last place and the $50 extra charge. Teams are so bunched up this year that I may be both in last and a game out of first.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:59 am 
1000 CLUB

well...I was 1-5, and now I am 4-5.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:44 am 

My team played its best game of the season, even with Kittles out. Every WR had a big game and Murray put up huge numbers.

5-5 and in second place in my division, which is good enough to make the playoffs. That is a miracle and I should get several votes for GM of the year.

I think I'm in good shape looking ahead, although I will need another QB. Murray has a bye and plays top 10 D the rest of the regular season. Nick Foles is there so I think I will pick him up on waivers this week.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:16 am 
1000 CLUB

i'll be 4-6 after this weekend. I had the 8th spot and still have a shot, but it'll be close.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
good dolphin wrote:
I think I'm in good shape looking ahead, although I will need another QB. Murray has a bye and plays top 10 D the rest of the regular season. Nick Foles is there so I think I will pick him up on waivers this week.

I'm not sure I would do that. This was the narrative when Lamar was facing the supposed #1 D in the league. Almost every FF guy was down on him that week and he shredded them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:58 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I'm not sure I would do that. This was the narrative when Lamar was facing the supposed #1 D in the league. Almost every FF guy was down on him that week and he shredded them.

I'm not dropping Murray.

He has a bye in two weeks so I'll need someone either way

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:39 am 

I have a 73 point lead with Buetker still to play. He has Mahomes and Williams. It's a good lead. No lead is safe with Mahomes.

I hope the Charger D comes to play today. I could really use this one.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:51 am 
1000 CLUB

I'm up by 10 and have T. Hill tonight. He has A. Ekeler. Hopefully this works out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:19 am 

I held that lead and sit in second place in my division aat 6-5.

I feel uneasy this week with Murray out and the strength of my team going, wr, going against tough D. Even if I go two backs, both Mixon and Hyde play top 10 D.

Should I have balls and go with Giuce, playing the 30th ranked Lion D? I may just do that. He clearly is their future and this would be the perfect opponent to get him going.

I have a decision at QB: Darnold, Brisset, Foles or Tannehill.

I think I am going to go with Darnold. He has been on fire and playing the 27 ranked Raider D.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:28 am 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
I'm up by 10 and have T. Hill tonight. He has A. Ekeler. Hopefully this works out.

*sad trombone*

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:38 am 
1000 CLUB

yeah...that didn't work out.

So, I'm 4-7, in 8th place and the last playoff spot. Have to win the next two weeks!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:25 pm 

I'm up 42 points going up against only Mark Ingram tonight in what is essentially an elimination game.

cbs was touting several QB over Darnold this week but he was the guy I wanted with Murray on a bye. He outperformed all the other FA in points for our league, including Mayfield, Allen, Foles, etc. Everyone did well, so it's not like my brilliance won me the game, but it was a satisfying move.

I had the oddest week with half my guys throwing goose eggs (literally in Amari Cooper's case) and the other half exploding. Kittle, Darnold, DJ Moore all had amazing weeks and even Davante Adams got me some garbage time.

It looks like Week 13 is another elimination game with the guy I play at 6-6 and me at 7-5 playing for second place in the division with the automatic playoff berth.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

everyone behind me lost...and so will I, but somehow I'll move up to the 7th spot.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:25 am 

I was lucky the Ravens sat Ingram after 2.5 quarters as I was on my way to a very tragic lost. But I won. Hooray for me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:22 pm 

I desperately need metcalf to have a horrible game or early injury

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:25 am 

I lost by 4 points. I still was tied with under 10 minutes left. It sucks to lose in the last 10 minutes of the last game of the regular season on some chump six yard out. It really comes down to that Hopkins "pass" for a touchdown on Sunday night that gave my opponent six undeserved points. That's the season.

I had a nice run at the end to be 7-6. I just couldn't get any momentum early in the season. I think it ultimately falls on my QB selections as both guys were cut. I recovered nicely with Murray but like any rookie, his production was inconsistent. My first two picks in the draft (adams and mixon) simply underproduced. I like going with 4 WR and 1 RB so choosing one correct RB is key to my success. I did get a great year from Hyde, for what he is. He just isn't enough at RB1.

Overall it was a nice 3 years for me. Back to back titles and an above .500 record in the third year is pretty good. It stings to be tied for a playoff spot but lose the tiebreakers and be left out. I would have at least liked to be able to defend my title in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:29 am 

my 12 team league ended up with two 7-6 teams and five 6-7 teams, and only one of the 6-7 teams got the final playoff spot. really stinks when you can ID a recent singular lineup move that could have won one more game and gotten you in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:44 am 

I wish someone in fantasy could design a program that diminishes garbage time stats, especially for qb. I also wish there was a more thorough way to enumerate defense.