It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
312player wrote:
Next year Im targetting Taylor, Williams(Denver) Harris.

Do you have the first three picks in the draft?

:lol:

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
veganfan21 wrote:
312player wrote:
Next year Im targetting Taylor, Williams(Denver) Harris.

Do you have the first three picks in the draft?

:lol:

Im hoping to draft in the top 3 and that is who I grab..in that order.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:52 am 

My season is over.

Now I get to decide on who my 3 keepers are for next season. We get to keep 1 QB, RB, and WR/TE

We play 2 QBs a week. Do I keep Lamar and hope he finds his way back to MVP form, or do I go with one of the other guys? RB choice is easy. Have to keep McCaffery and hope he stays healthy. WR is another tough one. Hopkins has been hurt a lot. Cooper is up and down. Johnson has had some good weeks.

QBs

Lamar Jackson
Joe Burrow
Mac Jones

RBs

Christian McCaffery
Melvin Gordon
Myles Gaskin
Mark Ingram

WRs

Amari Cooper
DeAndre Hopkins
Dionte Johnson
Jerry Jeudy
Darnell Mooney

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:53 am 

Your season is over next year too, ouch.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:55 am 

312player wrote:
Your season is over next year too, ouch.

Thanks for your help.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:58 am 

Id keep burrough, dude is great. I think he tosses 40 plus next year and Chase gets 1500 yards.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:58 am 

I like Deonte Johnson, Big Ben sucks though

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:59 am 

I'm not sure how your league works but I'd try to ditch McCaffery ASAP. Can you trade him for another keeper? Again, not sure how it works. I'd rather have the following (less obvious names) over McCaffery going into next year:

Pollard
Javonte Williams, even in a time share
Michael Carter
Monty
Mixon

We might have seen the best of Hopkins. It's hard to talk about Jeudy or Johnson without knowing what their QB situations will look like next year. Is Big Ben's replacement going to feed Johnson 15 times per game like Ben does? If so, maybe that's who you keep.

I can see Burrow being the safer pick since he isn't exposed to injury as much as Jackson is.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:02 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
I'm not sure how your league works but I'd try to ditch McCaffery ASAP. Can you trade him for another keeper? Again, not sure how it works. I'd rather have the following (less obvious names) over McCaffery going into next year:

Pollard
Michael Carter
Monty
Mixon

We might have seen the best of Hopkins. It's hard to talk about Jeudy or Johnson without knowing what their QB situations will look like next year. Is Big Ben's replacement going to feed Johnson 15 times per game like Ben does? If so, maybe that's who you keep.

I can see Burrow being the safer pick since he isn't exposed to injury as much as Jackson is.

I can trade, but I doubt anyone is going to be willing to trade for him. But I am going to put out some feelers on it.

I also have Pollard, I forgot to list him. Is he going to take over for Zeke? Doesn't seem likely

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:07 am 

RFDC wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Pollard
Michael Carter
Monty
Mixon

I can trade, but I doubt anyone is going to be willing to trade for him. But I am going to put out some feelers on it.

I also have Pollard, I forgot to list him. Is he going to take over for Zeke? Doesn't seem likely

I had Zeke as done/washed this year. Perhaps I was 1/2 a year early. I don't think he's a top 5-10 fantasy moving forward. Maybe Pollard is that, maybe he's not. But I think between Pollard, Zeke and McCaffery I think it's fair to say Pollard has the highest upside. Maybe you even take a hard look at Mattison - maybe this guy is traded based on him balling out every time he's filled in for Cook this year. Not saying he's the next superstar but I'd look at him

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:09 am 

Also, I'd take Hunt over McCaffery moving forward as well.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:43 am 

7-6

I lost despite a big scoring week. That should ensure me a playoff spot. I can have the 4 spot with a win or a loss from the guy with whom I am tied on record. I can have the 5 spot otherwise, most likely. This last week is largely meaningless as I'm locked into the 4 v 5 game.

I still would like to win and be above .500 and it might eliminate the other guy from the playoffs.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:45 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Also, I'd take Hunt over McCaffery moving forward as well.

Yup

You will see Barkley and Mccaffrey going in the 3rd round next year..I was way ahead of this one two years in a row. Kelce is done too, stay away from him next year before round 3 or 4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:47 am 

good dolphin wrote:
7-6

I lost despite a big scoring week. That should ensure me a playoff spot. I can have the 4 spot with a win or a loss from the guy with whom I am tied on record. I can have the 5 spot otherwise, most likely. This last week is largely meaningless as I'm locked into the 4 v 5 game.

I still would like to win and be above .500 and it might eliminate the other guy from the playoffs.

Surprised you arent tied with a couple guys with that record..and it comes down to total points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:54 am 

Won this week, 7-6 and I believe I have clinched the final playoff spot. It would be great to win 1 playoff game and get my money back but with the Cook and Swift injuries I don't like my chances.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:56 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Won this week, 7-6 and I believe I have clinched the final playoff spot. It would be great to win 1 playoff game and get my money back but with the Cook and Swift injuries I don't like my chances.

Williams on detroit available?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:58 am 

312player wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Hell no, what kind of league are you playing in that he would be available?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:05 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
312player wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

Hell no, what kind of league are you playing in that he would be available?

He isnt available in either of my leagues..but they are 12 teams and there is jack shit available at rb. Unless ya want ameer abdullah or Adrian Peterson.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:25 am 

312player wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
7-6

Surprised you arent tied with a couple guys with that record..and it comes down to total points

We divide into two divisions with top two in divisions getting automatic bids and the final two playoff spots given on points, irrespective of division. I'm a lock to be in on points if I don't win a #2 spot. The #2 spot is going to be decided by head to head if there is a tie and I have that tiebreaker.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:59 am 

The defending champ, who is fighting for the last spot in the playoffs based on points didn't start Cook last night.

Enjoy your off season fellas and shine up that belt before you hand it over

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I wasn’t sure if I wanted to start Cook coming off the injury but it’s not like my backups had much upside, so I was glad I didn’t overthink it and just started him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:59 pm 

He has other good RB, Montgomery and someone else.

I think if I needed to make up points on a person with this week being my last shot, I'd swing for the fences. Those other guys will give you a good week and maybe a W in head to head but Cook is the guy who could flip things on his own.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:32 am 

I had another huge week across the board

I'm up 116 points and still have Connor tonight.

The guy who didn't start Cook also had a huge week and it looks like he will still make the playoffs. I think I will have to play him and his team is dangerous with Cook, Brady, Montgomery, Evans and Patterson.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:12 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
What do you guys think about this? We had a guy basically give up on the season and stopped starting a lineup. Should one of the commissioners set his lineup for "competitive balance"? What if that included having to add/drop players? What if someone simply spaced out and left an injured player in his lineup or a player on a bye week?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:26 am 

Kick him out of the league

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:28 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
312player wrote:
Kick him out of the league

That's what I said the remedy should be.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:55 am 

Franky T wrote:
What do you guys think about this? We had a guy basically give up on the season and stopped starting a lineup. Should one of the commissioners set his lineup for "competitive balance"? What if that included having to add/drop players? What if someone simply spaced out and left an injured player in his lineup or a player on a bye week?

I've done that a few times. Start the optimal lineup on his behalf. It gets messed up then because that team is basically closed for business when it comes to trade. If it were earlier I'd say try to find a different person to take over the team.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:35 am 

We had a guy who was out of it not use free agency to replace a TE and K who were on byes in order to save money. It didn't affect the game but the philosophy is bad

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:38 am 

I finished the regular season at 8-6 and have the third seed.

I have a favorable matchup against a guy who did most of his damage when Derrick Henry was healthy.

I always fear this one and done round. If I can win this week, even with a loss in the second round I am still playing for money in a third place game.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:29 am 

I won again, that is 5 of 6 and I am in. I get to play my son in the 1st round.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next