It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
There's some good information being provided in the individual "rate my team" threads. There are too many "experts" on fantasy football sites, who simply need something to say. Who, in your opinion, is overrated or underrated by what you've read or think?

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
I don't have specifics in mind, but do your research when it comes to running backs. The biggest thing I look at is workload from the previous season. Too many guys have had great years and then shat the bed the following year because some underlying injury came up (see Forte, Matt).

I suck at FF, so I wouldn't read too much into my thought, just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:40 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
I don't have specifics in mind, but do your research when it comes to running backs. The biggest thing I look at is workload from the previous season. Too many guys have had great years and then shat the bed the following year because some underlying injury came up (see Forte, Matt).

I suck at FF, so I wouldn't read too much into my thought, just my 2 cents.

You may suck at fantasy football, but that is a good point.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:48 pm 

I really don't think I have specific overrated and underrated guys that I peg. When it comes to my pick I either go with the best available or the position I need. For example I took Dallas Clark in the third round simply because he was the best WR/TE available.

There are some situations that I like to avoid. For instance Miami. Who is going to be the man at RB down there? New Orleans. Who is the man at WR. They and the Giants spread the ball around too much for me to like drafting a guy like Colston in the second round.

Same goes for a stud RB whoi is relied upon too much. Stephen Jackson is going to be keyed on too much this year. You stop him and you pretty much stop the Rams. Unless you have a PPR I would avoid him. He will get a lot of dump offs I think this year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Drop In wrote:
There's some good information being provided in the individual "rate my team" threads. There are too many "experts" on fantasy football sites, who simply need something to say. Who, in your opinion, is overrated or underrated by what you've read or think?

Fitzgerald...............overrated.. I wouldnt touch him with anything. Shit QB and no SOLID WR next to him. Let other guys touch him. Lesawn Mccoy........ overrated Again he is no B Westbrook back in the day. He had as many touches as his fullback did in the Redzone. Let someone else take him. Kevin Kolb.........underated. The guy put up STATS in his two games as the QB for the Eagles. Take this guy late and be very happy you did if you draft two QB's DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT take Calvin fucking Johnson. The guy is a team breaker. He will put up 4 for 80 and maybe a TD... if your lucky.. Dont touch him. Let guys like Roddy White or Miles Austin fall to you instead of Fitz of CJ.... they have better RBs and they have better QB's. Take White and Austin.

RYAN Mathews ........yes. S Greene.........no Greene cant stay healthy but is a great back.. very overrated.

TE's wait. Dont take the first, but dont take the last. Get involved in a run, but dont take Clark. Vernon Davis wasnt projected for shit and he had 13 TDs last year. They can come out of nowhere.. see Vishante whatever the fuck.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:55 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Drop In wrote:

Fitzgerald...............overrated.. I wouldnt touch him with anything. Shit QB and no SOLID WR next to him. Let other guys touch him. Lesawn Mccoy........ overrated Again he is no B Westbrook back in the day. He had as many touches as his fullback did in the Redzone. Let someone else take him. Kevin Kolb.........underated. The guy put up STATS in his two games as the QB for the Eagles. Take this guy late and be very happy you did if you draft two QB's DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT take Calvin fucking Johnson. The guy is a team breaker. He will put up 4 for 80 and maybe a TD... if your lucky.. Dont touch him. Let guys like Roddy White or Miles Austin fall to you instead of Fitz of CJ.... they have better RBs and they have better QB's. Take White and Austin.

RYAN Mathews ........yes. S Greene.........no Greene cant stay healthy but is a great back.. very overrated.

TE's wait. Dont take the first, but dont take the last. Get involved in a run, but dont take Clark. Vernon Davis wasnt projected for shit and he had 13 TDs last year. They can come out of nowhere.. see Vishante whatever the fuck.

I agree on Kolb and wished I didnt have to take Brees in the first round because I wanted him or Flacco late and I got Kolb in the 10th round. I agree on the TE's as well. If you can't grab Clark, Gates or Davis then wait. It all depends on how many teams are in your league and what draft position you have.

I disagree with Calvin Johnson. He should not go until late 2nd round and I had him last year and he did well for me. I do not like Roddy White because he has great games that make his season. Not consistent enough for me and he also has some talent on that sidde of the ball that makes Ryan spread it around

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:34 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Drop In wrote:

Anyone who is new should take the advice of the man from Joliet. I can't argue with anything, except my blind love for Megatron will one day pay off. Like when he has a second year quality QB. However, I've had him every year, and he's frustrating as hell.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:24 am 

Drop In wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Drop In wrote:

Anyone who is new should take the advice of the man from Joliet. I can't argue with anything, except my blind love for Megatron will one day pay off. Like when he has a second year quality QB. However, I've had him every year, and he's frustrating as hell.

Had Megatron for 2 years and he just wouldnt win the league for me. He is one of those guys that would start the day off with 70 yards 2 catches and a touch, and end the day with 80 yards 4 catches and TD. If I could get him as my number 2 or with another solid number 2(Austin, White, Jennings) That way you basically have 2 solid number one WR(on their own team) on your team. Hopefully everyone understands what I mean when I say number 1 wideout.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:37 pm 

On the underrated side, watch Owen Daniels. He was the number one TE in football before he was injured last year. Seems healthy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
Drop In wrote:
On the underrated side, watch Owen Daniels. He was the number one TE in football before he was injured last year. Seems healthy.

Daniels is a local kid...born in Berwyn & played QB & won a state championship at Naperville Central HS.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:24 pm 

Drop In wrote:

seems healthy? They just cleared him for practices yesterday. I think it will take him a year to get back to health. Even beyond this injury, he is injury prone. I have him as someone to stay away from.

Overrated- someone's going to take Sidney Rice, store him for 8 weeks and cut him in Week 11...but watch for Bernard Berrian to have a good year.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Barracco's in The EP.
Overrated
Fitz (btw, looks like Leinart out and Derek Anderson in for AZ)
Marques Colston - hurt too much
Philip Rivers - hurts w/o Vincent Jackson
Jamaal Charles - never underestimate Thomas Jones ability to steal carries
Steve Smith (CAR) - horrible QB situaiton on a team that plans to run even more than last year
Carson Palmer - suddenly, this guy is a Top 10 QB because they added TO?
Any Cowboys RB - too damn many of them (Choice/Jones/Barber III)

Underrated
Santana Moss - someone is going to catch a lot of balls from McNabb
DeAngelo Williams - even splitting carries, will be more productive than many backs picked higher
Matt Forte - he's avg draft positon at cbssports is the 6th round in a 10 man league
Jerome Harrison - anyone who had him down the stretch knows why ... good oline, better supporting QB play than last year

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:02 pm 

mel junior wrote:
Overrated
Steve Smith (CAR) - horrible QB situaiton on a team that plans to run even more than last year

Underrated
DeAngelo Williams - even splitting carries, will be more productive than many backs picked higher
Matt Forte - he's avg draft positon at cbssports is the 6th round in a 10 man league
Jerome Harrison - anyone who had him down the stretch knows why ... good oline, better supporting QB play than last year

I basically just picked up Owen Daniels in my main league off of waivers (I have Vernon Davis). I looked at the guy with the worst TE(Kellen Winslow) and shipped Johnathn Stewart and Owen Daniels to him for Mike Wallace(PIT) and Deangelo Williams. I was very high on Wallace and I would rather have Williams over Stewart. Stewart got alot of his TDs last year when Williams was out in the 2nd half.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:17 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
mel junior wrote:
Overrated

Underrated

I basically just picked up Owen Daniels in my main league off of waivers (I have Vernon Davis). I looked at the guy with the worst TE(Kellen Winslow) and shipped Johnathn Stewart and Owen Daniels to him for Mike Wallace(PIT) and Deangelo Williams. I was very high on Wallace and I would rather have Williams over Stewart. Stewart got alot of his TDs last year when Williams was out in the 2nd half.

Wow! You raped that team. Deangelo was picked 9 overall in my league. I don't like Wallace for the first 6 games but he is their only reciever. But Daniels for him when you already have Davis is nice.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Judging by the preseason (never the best idea), Michael Uh-Oh out of Illinois (TE, STL) is my sleeper this year. Young QB, top WR out for the year, and he can catch everything. 3 TD's in the preseason so far with some amazing catches. Targeted by Bradford pretty frequently. Not at the top of the depth chart yet, but he will be by week 2.

Also, another sleeper pick is LT (blast from the past). Anyone can run behind that O-line for the NYJ. Greene is bound to get hurt. LT has looked great in the preseason.

Overrated, Thomas Jones. That guy cannot run behind a bad O-line. He proved that in Arizona, he proved it in his first year for the NYJ, and KC's line blows.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
good dolphin wrote:
...but watch for Bernard Berrian to have a good year.

Hmmm...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: art of pizza
Told a friend last night (who was doing a draft) that Roddy White is the Danny Granger of FF - theory is that neither player is ever on a team that wins one of our leagues, because if you pick either one you feel like you have "enough." Great league players but not so good for fantasy purposes, especially where each is usually chosen (1st round). I guess the baseball equivalent is Troy Tulowitzki.

Point being, Roddy White gives you 5 or 6 great weeks but there are 18 weeks in the season. Choose wisely.