Post subject: Trade Offer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:43 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
he offered:
Matt Schaub and Brandon Jackson
for
Andre Johnson and Carson Palmer.

I basically have one running back in LeSean McCoy, Had Ryan Grant...also have Cadillac Williams, picked up Marshawn Lynch.
My WR's are Welker, Maclin, and Mark Clayton.

Post subject: Re: Trade Offer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Keeper league: Keep Andre

Standard league: Get Schaub

IMO, of course. Andre's ankle problems are worrisome.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:50 am 
1000 CLUB

standard league.
Brandon Jackson sucks though...I'm trying to get Ronnie Brown instead.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
doug - evergreen park wrote:
standard league.
Brandon Jackson sucks though...I'm trying to get Ronnie Brown instead.

That would make sense. You have solid WRs and can afford to move Andre... so you should be able to swap Andre for a pretty solid RB. If it's me, I focus on that, rather than trying to upgrade at QB.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:58 am 
1000 CLUB

I'm not trying to upgrade the QB, he's throwing Schaub in as the bone even though I need RBs.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:04 am 
1000 CLUB

would you do Andre Johnson for Ronnie Brown straight up?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: The Bowling alley, where else?
Who is your QB currently? It looks like you need to upgrade your RB so I agree that you need to dangle Johnson for that. Schaub depends on Johnson for a majority of his numbers so that could affect you taking Schaub. I wouldn't trade Johnson straight up for Brown either. Brown isn't having as good of a year even compared to Johnson on a bummed ankle.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I would hit the waiver wire for RB's doug. There are still some guys out there that you can have. The goal line back for TB has been almost been told he will get all the redzone tds LeGarrette Blount. I heard a podcast where they were saying Cadilliac is getting less touches and Blount will be getting more. Its gotta be the same as the amount of touches Brandon Jackson has so far. He really hasnt done much. I would also try and pick up BenJarvus Green Ellis if nobody else has. He had a good game vs the Bills last week with 16 att for 96 yards and a TD. You know the Patriots are going to be up on people and will have to run. Eventually!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Johnson has a gimpy high-ankle sprain; he'll probably play, but I have him and I'm benching him regardless for this week - and it isn't like I have great options (Lloyd, TO, Hester :puker: ).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:45 pm 

pizza_Place: *
Don Tiny wrote:
Johnson has a gimpy high-ankle sprain; he'll probably play, but I have him and I'm benching him regardless for this week - and it isn't like I have great options (Lloyd, TO, Hester :puker: ).

I'd start Johnson, why would you even think about benching him with those options? I have him also and I think he still will get his this week even with that sprain.

My current RB's SUCK ASS! I have Jamaal Charles and Shonn Greene, I am loaded at WR my starters are Roddy White,Randy Moss,A Johnson. We start 1 QB 2 RBs 2 WR 1 Flex RB/WR which is usually a WR based on my RB options.

My other WRs are Dwayne Bowe,Hakeem Nicks,Mike Wallace, and Demaryius Thomas

So with that said I offered a trade of Roddy White and Nicks for McFadden, he got Gore, Addai, Forsett, Maroney, and Jacob as his RBs. I'm thinking about pulling Nicks back and just offer White for McFadden straight up but I can do without Nicks so not to sure about this. Ideas? Suggestions?

It's a standard ESPN scoring league.

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: The Bowling alley, where else?
I'd trade Nicks other than White for McFadden. Nick's value has had a decent first three weeks and is high and overrated imo. White will be more consistent in the long run. If he doesn't accept that, then offer him for Addai as well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:10 pm 

Free Ajent wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

I'd start Johnson, why would you even think about benching him with those options? I have him also and I think he still will get his this week even with that sprain.

My current RB's SUCK ASS! I have Jamaal Charles and Shonn Greene, I am loaded at WR my starters are Roddy White,Randy Moss,A Johnson. We start 1 QB 2 RBs 2 WR 1 Flex RB/WR which is usually a WR based on my RB options.

My other WRs are Dwayne Bowe,Hakeem Nicks,Mike Wallace, and Demaryius Thomas

So with that said I offered a trade of Roddy White and Nicks for McFadden, he got Gore, Addai, Forsett, Maroney, and Jacob as his RBs. I'm thinking about pulling Nicks back and just offer White for McFadden straight up but I can do without Nicks so not to sure about this. Ideas? Suggestions?

It's a standard ESPN scoring league.

White is too good for Mcfadden straight up.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:20 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
White is too good for Mcfadden straight up.

Well suggestions asshole? :wink:

White has 26pts YTD using ESPN scoring and McFadden has 34pts YTD.

You have to figure the point margin i'd be gaining in a solid RB right now would be greater than losing White and filling him in with a Wallace or Thomas, maybe not equally as good but enough for me to be competitive.

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:24 pm 

Big Ern wrote:
I'd trade Nicks other than White for McFadden. Nick's value has had a decent first three weeks and is high and overrated imo. White will be more consistent in the long run. If he doesn't accept that, then offer him for Addai as well.

Yeah I'm not sold on Nicks myself, I mean I like him but like you said White will be more consistent. I have Addai in my main league and wouldn't want him in this particular league just because I try to not pick same guys in both leagues. I do that just in case I suck ass in one league at least I hopefully got a shot in the other.

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:29 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
I would hit the waiver wire for RB's doug. There are still some guys out there that you can have. The goal line back for TB has been almost been told he will get all the redzone tds LeGarrette Blount. I heard a podcast where they were saying Cadilliac is getting less touches and Blount will be getting more. Its gotta be the same as the amount of touches Brandon Jackson has so far. He really hasnt done much. I would also try and pick up BenJarvus Green Ellis if nobody else has. He had a good game vs the Bills last week with 16 att for 96 yards and a TD. You know the Patriots are going to be up on people and will have to run. Eventually!

I told people to pick up Green Ellis when Faulk went out before last weeks games!! :evil:

Lets try not to steal my thunder please

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:08 pm 

tmurf423 wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

I told people to pick up Green Ellis when Faulk went out before last weeks games!! :evil:

Lets try not to steal my thunder please

Sorry dude. I didnt see that as I never read any of the shit you write anyways!!! :lol: :lol:

Last edited by Chris_in_joliet on Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:36 am 

Free Ajent wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

I don't WANT to, but if he's clearly not going to be worth a damn - if he even plays - then a (more or less) guaranteed zero is worse than a probable zero by a great deal.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:01 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
I don't WANT to, but if he's clearly not going to be worth a damn - if he even plays - then a (more or less) guaranteed zero is worse than a probable zero by a great deal.

So who you gonna start over him? I'd be willing to wager that Dre will score more than who you decide to start in his place.

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:08 am 
1000 CLUB

uh, Carson Palmer is my QB...see first post.

I have Blount in my sites for next weeks waiver since TB is on bye...but there are not RB's available in this league.

We're not gonna make the trade.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:34 pm 

Free Ajent wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

So who you gonna start over him? I'd be willing to wager that Dre will score more than who you decide to start in his place.

See,I told you :oops: :lol:

Alone and confused

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:57 pm 

Free Ajent wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Johnson is inactive vs the Raiders. Eat my bountiful ass. :P

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:12 pm 
I knew I shoulda gone with my gut last night and benched Dre for Eddie Royal. Dammit.

Keeper league. Being offered Best and Rapelesburger for Turner and Jackson. We can start 2 #!'S and Rape would replace Orkman.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:00 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
I knew I shoulda gone with my gut last night and benched Dre for Eddie Royal. Dammit.

Keeper league. Being offered Best and Rapelesburger for Turner and Jackson. We can start 2 #!'S and Rape would replace Orkman.

Sounds good to me.

Here's hoping The Rapeinator starts throwing to Heath Bell; I don't trust Whitten for stats at the moment ... bad head, bad team.