It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ROTO QUESTION
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:32 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
bargh. i changed my mind... how do you delete these posts? nevermind, i'll ask a fantasy baseball question

How retarded was I to make this move? Even tho I know saves come and go, I like to break camp with at least 3 closers, cuz I know it's gonna take 100+ to finish well in that dept. Usually there's some freak team with like 157 saves, but if you end up with ~110-120, you'll be top-3 or so and that is good to go. So in this league I've got mad SP and a seemingly OK offense, but like, the closing situation was hurting... I broke the autopick draft with only Andrew Bailey as a closer. Seeing as Mat Latos has been a raging douchebag this spring (two seperate glove throwing tantrums already, one in an friendly minor league intrasquad game... thank god they dont have the cubs gatorade cooler) I have decided he might be a bit mental and therefore likely won't be the guy who gave me like ~1.80/0.96 from may to mid-september last year, so he's the one to go.

I gave up Mat Latos for Geovany Soto and Kevin Gregg.

Keep in mind, my SP are Felix Hernandez, David Price, Tommy Hanson, Matt Cain, Jeremy Hellickson, and Carlos Zambrano... that's after the trade. I didn't have a catcher at the time, although I was able to get Jorge Posada off of a waiver claim... hell, I was even able to get Pablo Sandoval with a #11 waiver spot. After the trade, my team looks like this:

C - Jorge Posada / Geovany Soto
1B - Miguel Cabrera
2B - Gordon Beckham
SS - Jose Reyes
3B - Pablo Sandoval
OF - Vladimir Guerrero
OF - Brett Gardner
OF - Juan Pierre
Util - Adam Dunn
Util - Rajai Davis
Bench/SS - Ian Desmond (he was sitting there on waivers... o-ranked #100 overall, maybe I can trade him)
Bench/2B/3B - Neil Walker
Bench/3B - Edwin Encarnacion

SP - Felix Hernandez, David Price, Tommy Hanson, Matt Cain, Jeremy Hellickson, Carlos Zambrano
RP - Andrew Bailey, Kevin Gregg, Brandon League, Mark Lowe (still technically in the running 4 Rangers closer)

so yeah, that looks pretty solid, right? I still might ditch edwin for another RP guy, prolly Farnsworth or Jake McGee off'a tampa