It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 1:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lanny Poffo's Sausage and More
If someone in your league started three active players in a week, is it grounds for removal from the league after the season?

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Drop In wrote:
If someone in your league started three active players in a week, is it grounds for removal from the league after the season?

Are you saying they start just three active players? What the hell kind of team do they have?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:25 pm 

Colonel Angus wrote:
Drop In wrote:

Are you saying they start just three active players? What the hell kind of team do they have?

There are a ton of players they have on bye weeks, and some other stunningly bad personnel decisions. But there are also active players on the bench. Adrian Peterson, Dwayne Bowe, and Pierre Garcon are the only guys he has in the lineup.

I would cover for SHARK, Drop In, Dave in Champaign, my Mom, and Urlacher's Missing Neck. After that, the list gets pretty thin. There are a few people about whom I would definitely fabricate charges.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Drop In wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
Drop In wrote:

There are a ton of players they have on bye weeks, and some other stunningly bad personnel decisions. But there are also active players on the bench. Adrian Peterson, Dwayne Bowe, and Pierre Garcon are the only guys he has in the lineup.

As the league manager, they should put the benched players in for the team, only after an email to the team owner, especially if the team was abandoned. That's what you-know-who does in the League that shan't be mentioned.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:43 pm 

I've never done that, and would want league approval before starting. I also don't need to babysit other people's teams. It's not that hard. In baseball, I've taken over people's teams during vacations, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:47 am 

pizza_Place: egg store
If this were to happen more than 3 times, I would remove from league.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Drop In wrote:

This is why in every league I run, there is a $$$ penalty for last place!!!

$100 to get in and $100 more if you end up in last place.

Some incentive to not totally suck!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Nick&Vito's
bigfan wrote:
Drop In wrote:

This is why in every league I run, there is a $$$ penalty for last place!!!

$100 to get in and $100 more if you end up in last place.

Some incentive to not totally suck!

We also have a fee for last place. Keeps everyone on task.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
We had major issues in my main league this year with the commisioner basically changing waiver dates on players so he could pick them up early. I missed the first time he did it but the 2nd and 3rd time were back to back and I got pissed. The guy is now out benching his whole team the rest of the season, no longer commish,and he won't be back in the league next year. The sad thing is we are all really good friends with one another so honestly I'm not sure what will happen to that league next year, but I know I won't play with him still involved. If there is one thing I hate it's shaddy fucking people.