It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Oh I didn't know
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
In my main league we are now playing with a FAAB which is a Free Agent acquisition budget. Basically you bid on players that are coming off waivers on Wednesday. You only have a set amount and it doesn't reload. That's your budget for the year. Everyone was told that at the beginning of the season when we were all drafting live. My buddy is calling bullshit and he thought it reloaded. No one ever told him that. Well he spent his whole budget yesterday on two guys and has $3 dollars left for the year. One other guy did the same thing but he is just a fucking idiot all together. Everyone else got it right and picked up guys the right way. Now my buddy is crying foul and how he hates how this is and then I realized the same shit happened with him last year. He was THE ONLY ONE complaining about how we were getting charged for free agent pick ups and fantasy football was fine how it was before. Basically what it was before was my 1 buddy worked in an office all day and could sit around and listen to sports talk radio the whole time and work the waiver wire and this guy would wake up at 3am on Monday morning after yahoo let you drop players that were starting and then you could pick up guys for your team then. Personally I think FAAB are the only way to honestly play. If you can't sit around every Sunday working the computer you shouldn't be screwed when it comes to fantasy football.

Im expecting shakes to come in and call me a pussy for playing with guys like this. Something at least.

Post subject: Re: Oh I didn't know
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Hi Chris!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I agree FAAB is the best way to go. Leagues that don't use it are for douchebags and pussies.

In terms of your friend, too bad for him. Before he put in his bids he should have read the rules if he had any question. I'm guessing no one discussed the procedure at the draft? We had a problem in one league where a guy didn't register his keepers even though everyone was sent an email and it was posted clearly on the website. Some people just don't pay attention. I don't know if you can do this but maybe give your buddy $15 or so to make free agent pickups the rest of the year.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:52 pm 

I will take his place next year. Problem solved.

Neever done the FAAB thing before, but we do have a fee of $5 per transaction......that seems to keep the nonsense under control.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
He makes a big stink out of everything every year like it's the worst thing that we could do to him and it just kind of gets old. I love the guy to death and all but damn does he make shit to be alot more difficult than it ever has to be. Last year we charged for free agent transactions but not if you only used 5. If you used 5 or more you got charged for all of them. He didn't understand the rule(which was typed on in detail on the homepage). It was .50 a transaction so basically he was bitching for 2 whole days about $2.50 saying how we were ruining the league and how blah blah blah. It was really difficult to move on after getting the same bitching texts messages today since he has nobody to blame but himself for not reading the rules.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
He makes a big stink out of everything every year like it's the worst thing that we could do to him and it just kind of gets old. I love the guy to death and all but damn does he make shit to be alot more difficult than it ever has to be. Last year we charged for free agent transactions but not if you only used 5. If you used 5 or more you got charged for all of them. He didn't understand the rule(which was typed on in detail on the homepage). It was .50 a transaction so basically he was bitching for 2 whole days about $2.50 saying how we were ruining the league and how blah blah blah. It was really difficult to move on after getting the same bitching texts messages today since he has nobody to blame but himself for not reading the rules.

If he's as good a friend as you say just tell him to go fuck himself and his mother. And make sure you do it publicly so everyone else in the league can chime in on what a little bitch he is and how he should indeed go fuck his mother. Then let him know how his mother likes to get fucked so he can get the job done right.

At least that's how any situation like this would be handled amongst my group of close friends.