It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PPR help
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
I've neve done a PPR league before and have a live draft tonight for one. Does anyone know where I can find some good ppr player rankings that fit into my league's scoring system. Most of the ones I found don't account for QB's getting 0.25pts for every completion. The rest of the scoring seems pretty straight forward with 4pts for passing tds, 6pts for rusing and receiving Tds.

The league is hosted by ESPN which is the worst fantasy site imo. I have no intention of paying for Insider so that means I pretty much can't get any useful info off the site. When I go to the site and try and filter the available players it gives me the following top ten...

Brees
Rogers
Brady
Stafford
Newton
E Manninng
Rice
Calvin
Romo
Ryan

Looking further down the list it appears that there aren't any rookies ranked cause I can't fine RG3 anywhere in the top 400.

Post subject: Re: PPR help
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:08 am 

immessedup17 wrote:
Use your own rankings. I find that all site rankings are "meh."

Just value running backs who can catch out of the backfield a little higher than "bruisers", make sure you value possession receivers like Boldin a little more than you normally would...

Quarterback rankings wouldn't really change at all...

adding that 0.25 per pass completion for QBs seems to change the rankings dramatically.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:52 am 

I know the top QBs will still be the top QBs, that's not my point. I'm talking about how that 0.25 affects where the QBs rank in comparison to the other position player.

When I look up overall rankings in my league I get a top 10 that looks like this...

Brees
Rodgers
Brady
Stafford
Newton
E manning
Rice
Calvin
Romo
Ryan

But, when I go to a standards PPR ranking at the main ESPN site I get this...

Foster
Rice
McCoy
Rogers
C johnson
Grady
Calvin Johnson
Brees
MJD
Fitz

Notice the huge difference.

But, when I tried just using the rankings from my league's specific site its all fucked up and you can't find rookies or guys like Peyton who were out all last year even ranked since the rankings are solely based off of last years stats.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:59 pm 

thank you for providing absolutely no help.

Anyone else want to take a shot at this, my draft is in 2 hours?

Simple question...what does the inclusion of 0.25 pts per completed pass do to the OVERALL rankings and draft strategy in a PPR league?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Not much. If you want to input your own league customized scoring and see PPR ranking, KFFL.com isn't a bad place to go.

Basically there are three QB's that are worth taking early, late round 1 or 2, in Rodgers, Brady and Brees.

Outside of that it's pretty normal fill your roster with RB's and WR's first while definitely noticing catches.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:12 pm 

immessedup17 wrote:
shakes...do you want someone to draft for you as well? Make weekly lineup decisions?

"Hello, I'd like to partake in fantasy football this upcoming National Football League season because I hear it swell, but gee golly I don't know how to draft! Please recommend to me a solid team I can field each and every week to help deliver me a digital trophy I can treasure for ever and always thank you. <(^.^)>"

I asked a simple fucking question. If you don't know the answer or the question was too complicated for you all you had to do was say you can't help me or, better yet, not reply to the thread.

Go back to your answers and find a single one that even came close to being on topic?

Better yet, stop replying to this thread cause you're a douchebag who clearly needs to get laid for the first time in your life.