It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: trade help/advice
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Given his group of recievers, yes I would still lean towards benching him because the situation in Carolina is a mess. I dont think he can go wrong this week truthfully.

I just like how far you have backed off your position in your haste to judge Lipid.

Well, it is stupid to ever bench Andre Johnson......unless I say it's OK because yahoo gave me some stats to back it up.

The situation in Carolina may be a mess, but that didn't stop Smith from going off vs the Bears who have the best defense in the league. Don't see how that messy situation will prohibit him from doing a similar feat vs the horrid Redskins secondary.

As for the second part, there's a BIG difference between benching Andre in a favorable matchup in favor of Dez Bryant and Michael Crabtree as oppposed to benching him this week in favor of Smith, Cobb and Julio so your point is pointless.

btw, I've spent more time on this thread than I have on doing actual work today. Gotta love fridays.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
:lol: :lol: yeah, I mentally finished work about 4 hours ago.

I dont put a lot of stock in recieving yds against the Bears Defense. Their defense is designed to allow for a lot of yards. If you get 115 yds and no TDs out of Smith against Washington, and 50 yds and a TD from Andre Johnson, it all washes out in the long run.

I should be mad at whoever initially asked this question since it was a huge humblebrag.

Should I drive my Bentley or my Rolls Royce to work today?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I dont put a lot of stock in recieving yds against the Bears Defense. Their defense is designed to allow for a lot of yards. If you get 115 yds and no TDs out of Smith against Washington, and 50 yds and a TD from Andre Johnson, it all washes out in the long run.

I should be mad at whoever initially asked this question since it was a huge humblebrag.

I don't think it was a humbebrag since it was a really tough question and you could legitimately make a case for any of the 4.

What I hate is the guys who call up fantasy sports on XM to ask who to start and instead of listing the 2 or 3 guys who are neck and neck for the decision tehy also list the guys who are no brainers. For instance, "which 2 of these RBs should I start this week....Foster, Forte, Morris." Obviously Foster is a no brainer, but the douche just had to mention him too in order to let us know how great his team is.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Ha. It's not a huge humblebrag. I honestly don't know who to bench of those four, jerk. I appreciate all the advice. right now, i'm leaning towards Johnson. No doubt I will change it Sunday morning and whoever is benched will score 22.3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
You probably should start Smith since I have lobbied so hard against him. I have been shite this season in my predictions so he will probably catch 3 TDs and score another on a daring 90yd triple reverse but only after he throws an 80yd TD pass to Cam Newton on a brilliantly drawn up wildcat play.