It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What to do with RG3
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:42 pm 

I am in first place and lead league in points. I have Brees as my starter and RG3 on the bench. I was offered Sproles and Welker for him. I know its not really a fair trade, but is it worth the value in a non ppr league since im not playing him anyways?

I have been starting Lynch, Fred Jackson and using Spiller as my flex. My WR are Harvin(return tds count) and Mike Wallace.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

Post subject: Re: What to do with RG3
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
conns7901 wrote:
I am in first place and lead league in points. I have Brees as my starter and RG3 on the bench. I was offered Sproles and Welker for him. I know its not really a fair trade, but is it worth the value in a non ppr league since im not playing him anyways?

I have been starting Lynch, Fred Jackson and using Spiller as my flex. My WR are Harvin(return tds count) and Mike Wallace.

You should've traded him already, but its not too late. And you can most definitely get more than Welker and Sproles in a non PPR. I traded him after week 2 for LeSean McCoy. A player like that should be your target.

A stud #1 RB or a stud #1 WR is the absolute starting point for any discussion involving RG3.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I traded for RG3 early in the season and sent Doug Martin and Phillip Rivers. I'm very happy so far with that trade.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:08 am 

shakes wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

You should've traded him already, but its not too late. And you can most definitely get more than Welker and Sproles in a non PPR. I traded him after week 2 for LeSean McCoy. A player like that should be your target.

A stud #1 RB or a stud #1 WR is the absolute starting point for any discussion involving RG3.

I acutally offered a guy RG3 for McCoy last night after making this post. No response yet.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:16 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
I traded for RG3 early in the season and sent Doug Martin and Phillip Rivers. I'm very happy so far with that trade.

I can't complain too much either. Martin has stayed consistent and Rivers appears decent as a bye-week reserve.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:32 am 

Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
Chris_in_joliet wrote:

I can't complain too much either. Martin has stayed consistent and Rivers appears decent as a bye-week reserve.

Ugie, no amount of spin or happy faces can make that trade be anything but a complete rip off. You traded the top player in all of fantasy for a #2 RB and a back up QB.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:48 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
shakes wrote:
Ugie, no amount of spin or happy faces can make that trade be anything but a complete rip off. You traded the top player in all of fantasy for a #2 RB and a back up QB.

At the time the trade was made it seemed like a decent deal. I also have Brady at QB, and he wasn't projected lower than RG3 enough weeks to warrant keeping both. Furthermore, I wasn't going to get top-dollar for RG3 in the third week (meaning another team's #1 pick, for example) so it was wasteful to keep him on my bench.

Unfortunately for me RG3 has maintained his performance over the following weeks. It was a good deal for the other team. Job well done.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:48 pm 

Was offered Alfred Morris or Ryan Mathews for RG3.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:36 pm 

Was offered mcCoy for Brees.

Don't know if I trust RG3 to live and die with him.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:29 am 

conns7901 wrote:
Was offered mcCoy for Brees.

Don't know if I trust RG3 to live and die with him.

I wouldn't do that deal, I'd rather have Brees the rest of the way as oppposed to RG3.

As for the preceeding deal, Morris has been solid, but I still think you should be shooting higher than that when dealing RG3. You don't have to make a deal right now, as you said you are in first place.

Maybe you should make an announcement to the league that RG3 is available to the highest bidder and also state what type of return you are looking for.