It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
WhatIfSports is a text sim based website that does the four major sports (and some more) but started in and is probably best in baseball...

I started up a private league MLB106159 that you can join and we can have some CSFMB baseball fun. In a nutshell, you have an $80M cap to draft a team of 25 guys -- you pick your player and season and it is priced accordingly... a 1999 Robin Ventura .301 BA, 32 HR season goes for $6.8 mill while a 1990 Robin Ventura .249 BA, 5 HR season goes for $2.8 mill. You can pick your team from any pitcher/season that had at least 25 IP, and a player/season that had at least 50 PA. You also get to pick your park which has park effect in play -- hit HRs in Coors or play it safe in Safeco.

Once you pick your team, you set the lineups, rotation, bullpen usage, etc. You can get more advanced too with when you want to hit and run with a guy, who you'd want to steal with, who you'd favor pinch hitting for, etc.

To join, just sign up for a spring training baseball team at www.whatifsports.com, and when it says to pick your league, put in MLB106159

You can PM me for any questions or respond in the thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
El bumpo... this is really pretty fun if you like to imagine old baseball simulations. :)