It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: I vehemently disagree
In the rankings I have basically Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers are equal (no problem with that). But they have Peyton and Cam Newton rated before Matt Ryan and Tom Brady. I'm not familiar with Denver enough, but do they have the weapons that Matt Ryan has? I'd also put Matt Stafford ahead of Cam Newon, but perhaps not Peyton.

Their list:
Brees
Rodgers
Peyton M
Cam
Matt Ryan
Brady
Stafford
Luck
Romo
Kaepernick
Eli M
Russell Wilson
Rothlisberger

My list:
Brees
Rodgers
Matt Ryan
Brady
Peyton M
Stafford
Kaepernick
Cam
Russell Wilson
Eli M
Rivers

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
My_name_1s_MUD wrote:
In the rankings I have basically Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers are equal (no problem with that). But they have Peyton and Cam Newton rated before Matt Ryan and Tom Brady. I'm not familiar with Denver enough, but do they have the weapons that Matt Ryan has? I'd also put Matt Stafford ahead of Cam Newon, but perhaps not Peyton.

I believe it is spelled Dinver. And nobody has the weapons that Matt Ryan has -- most dangerous twosome since Carter and Moss.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Baccis
I'd say the reason Cam is ranked so high is because in the last two seasons he's finished 3rd and 4th as a fantasy quarterback. And, i'm assuming Brady is ranked so low because they lost Welker, Lloyd, Hernandez and Gronk is out with injury.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

My_name_1s_MUD wrote:

Their list:
Brees
Rodgers
Peyton M
Cam
Matt Ryan
Brady
Stafford
Luck
Romo
Kaepernick
Eli M
Russell Wilson
Rothlisberger

My list:
Brees
Rodgers
Matt Ryan
Brady
Peyton M
Stafford
Kaepernick
Cam
Russell Wilson
Eli M
Rivers

Denver does have 2 formidable weapons in D.Thomas and W.Welker. That's one of the better WR combo's in the league. Brady has probably fallen down some of these rankings because he lost Welker, Gronk, Lloyd, and Hernandez and really didn't replace them outside of Amendola (who is pretty brittle). Granted, I do expect the Patriots to still be strong, but I can understand moving Manning ahead of Brady. Matt Ryan is probably right around that group as well with 3 top tier receivers (including T.Gonzalez in that trio of Jones/White), and has been pretty safe year after year with a good TD:INT ratio.

What's interesting in the QB class is the running some of these guys give. Cam Newton could put up 6 rushing TD's and decent running yardage. Russel Wilson, Colin Kaepernick and RGIII will all run to some extent as well. In a way, some weeks, a few of these guys will serve as an extra RB if they can get a TD here and there and/or break a run or two. All of these guys, while exciting, are hard for me to classify in fantasy football rankings this year outside of Newton, who should be ranked pretty high in QB rankings. A guy like Stafford is going to put up huge yardage numbers, but will he keep his INT's down and stay healthy?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Matt Ryan has great weapons. But the Falcons like to run the ball inside the red zone, which takes away his value as a fantasy QB.

Manning makes every receiver on his team better, so it doesn't really matter if his weapons are considered great.

Cam is up there because he runs for TD's. Not because of his weapons.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:19 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
newper wrote:
My_name_1s_MUD wrote:

I believe it is spelled Dinver. And nobody has the weapons that Matt Ryan has -- most dangerous twosome since Carter and Moss.

Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker and Eric Decker give Peyton Manning 3 top WR's to throw to. Montee Ball should help the running game and make it tougher to double the WR's as well. Julio Jones and Roddy White are very good. But take Jones, White and Gozalez as their top 3 receivers against Thomas, Welker and Decker and it's a draw. I would take Manning over Ryan without a doubt. I disagree about Cam Newton though. I would take Ryan and Brady both ahead of him. But in all fairness, Brady really is without any top receiving talent, other than Gronkowski....when he's healthy.