It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:44 pm 

I'm thinking about pulling a wild card and taking Forte. I figure someone will draft Johnson or a QB before me so six RB will be off the board. I also anticipate Arian Foster dropping but I don't think I want to mess with injuries.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
If you are going to take a shot in the dark, take it on someone with a 1st round draft grade. Depending on how many teams in your league, Forte could still be available to you in the second round.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:51 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
If you are going to take a shot in the dark, take it on someone with a 1st round draft grade.
What does that mean? If he has a first round draft grade it's not a shot in the dark.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:54 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
If you are going to take a shot in the dark, take it on someone with a 1st round draft grade.
What does that mean? If he has a first round draft grade it's not a shot in the dark.

He doesn't. He has a second round projection.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:56 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:

No, you told good dolphin that if he wants to take a shot in the dark, take it on someone with a 1st round draft grade. That statement makes no sense. It isn't a shot in the dark to pick someone who is projected to be picked in the first round.

Nevermind...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
I'm hoping Forte drops to me at 11th in mine (PPR) and I'm going to snag best WR available when it snakes back.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:09 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
If you are going to take a shot in the dark, take it on someone with a 1st round draft grade. Depending on how many teams in your league, Forte could still be available to you in the second round.

He has a 10-12 grade generally from what I have seen so 7th is only a small stretch. There is no way he makes it to 18 especially in a group that is desirous of having Bears players.

Ray Rice would seem to be the safe pick if he is there. Arian Foster would seem to be the biggest possible upside. I could see someone like McCoy at 7, which I would like as well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:14 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:

No, you told good dolphin that if he wants to take a shot in the dark, take it on someone with a 1st round draft grade. That statement makes no sense. It isn't a shot in the dark to pick someone who is projected to be picked in the first round.

Nevermind...

I get what you are saying. I guess I should have said, "If you don't know who you should take, you should at least take someone with a 1st round projection".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
ten team league picking 5th and I was able to nab Forte in the 2nd round.

twelve team league picking 10th and Forte went 2nd overall. WTF?!?! But, Doug Martin fell to me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Yeah I don't think the guy who drafted Forte 2nd overall knows what he's doing. Either that or he's all meat when it comes to the Bears.

Spiller also might be available at 7, although I'm not up to date on the injury news so I don't know what's going on him with on that front. Like Forte he's also a receiving threat but, in my opinion, has a higher fantasy ceiling than Forte.

If he's healthy I think J. Charles is going to challenge for fantasy scoring supremacy. I doubt he's there at 7, but anyone who grabs him anywhere from 5-7 is going to be set.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
good dolphin wrote:
He has a 10-12 grade generally from what I have seen so 7th is only a small stretch. There is no way he makes it to 18 especially in a group that is desirous of having Bears players.

Ray Rice would seem to be the safe pick if he is there. Arian Foster would seem to be the biggest possible upside. I could see someone like McCoy at 7, which I would like as well.

I grabbed Forte 1st pick 2nd round in a 12 team non-PPR league. I think whether your league is PPR is a large factor. If you play PPR I don't see 7 as a stretch. He'll accrue a bunch of easy points nabbing 3-5 catches a game. With Kromer around I could see him incorporating some Sproles stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:59 pm 

I got Rice with the 9th pick in a 12 team Non-PPR league.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Forte only makes sense in the 1st round in a PPR, imo.

I'm drafting 3rd in a 12 team. I have a feeling it will go Purple Jesus then Charles. Given that...I am torn between Martin, Rice, and Foster..

Help!

Last edited by doug - evergreen park on Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:06 pm 

I'm in PPR with 12.

doug, I'd shy away from Foster. I love Martin.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Forte went 1st rd in my yahoo 10 team. I would think at 7 after rb's and Johnson you get Bree's or rodgers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Forte went as pick #20 in my 12 man draft last Friday. (non-PPR)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
good dolphin wrote:
I'm in PPR with 12.

doug, I'd shy away from Foster. I love Martin.

Agreed.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:32 pm 

Really?? I have the 2nd pick and figured Foster was a slam dunk. Huh.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
You better make sure and draft Tate if you draft Foster.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Peoria Matt wrote:
You better make sure and draft Tate if you draft Foster.

If you draft Golden and think you will have been golden, you will have been mistaken. You must draft Ben then you've been golden.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Piece Pizza and Brewery
Was able to grab Forte 11th in my PPR draft tonight and AJ Green on the way back. It's with frat buddies who are mostly from Ohio though so I'm sure that helped.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:11 pm 
good dolphin wrote:
I'm thinking about pulling a wild card and taking Forte. I figure someone will draft Johnson or a QB before me so six RB will be off the board. I also anticipate Arian Foster dropping but I don't think I want to mess with injuries.

AP, Martin, McCoy, Spiller, Charles (if they aren't dumb) and probably Rice will be off the board. Megatron in most leagues will still be there. I trust him over Foster at this point. Brew Drees for sure will be there (although standard scoring I wouldn't take him at 7), and if somebody in a standard league looses their mind and takes him top 5 then you've got your choice of the remaining top flite RB or Megatron.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
I am in a 16 team league. I got Jimmy Graham at 11, and Forte at 22.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:30 am 
1000 CLUB

McCoy 3rd overall?

I'm leery about Spiller since the Bills don't have a QB.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:36 am 
Sorry I should have said "in no particular order".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:38 am 
And I brain farted and left off Lynch.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:18 am 

Here is how it ended up

QB
RG III
Palmer

RB
Richardson
Gore
Bradshaw

WR
Bryant
Amendola
Brown
Gordon
Broyles
Andre Roberts

TE
Gonzalez

D
Cardinals

K
Gostkowski

Richardson ended up falling to me and I was happy to scoop him up. I was targeting Mc Coy but both went before me. I didn't have the balls to pull the trigger on Foster and he went in the second round to the person drafting 11th. I think that guy ends up winning the league as he got Rice AND Foster (three QB taken in Rd. 1)

I was targeting a surprise pick in Rd. 2 with David Wilson but someone pulled the surprise on me and took before I had the chance. I wasn't sold on the RB out there (Ridley was the top remaining) so I went with Dez Bryant.

I thought the draft was going to go my way with Reggie Bush falling to me at 3. Unfortunately he went two picks before me so I was faced with De Marco Murray, Gore or Lamar Miller. I've been through the trials of owning Murray and the a Dolphin rookie getting lots of pre season pub before, so I went with the steady hand in Gore.

I really like my WR. Amendola will get hurt as he always does but before then he will be a PPR league dream. Josh Gordon will be back by the time he gets injured and I think he steps easily into regular consideration as a starter. Pitt is going to have to throw the ball and Antonio Brown is going to be the guy catching those throws. Broyles was borderline worth starting at the end of last year and Roberts can give you an emergency start as well.

I don't know about the rest. Will RG III still be fantastic? Will Trent Richardson stay healthy? Overall I think I can compete for a playoff spot but probably not a championship

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:55 pm 

0-2 and Richardson gets traded, season over even though it is probably good for richardsons value in the long run

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I think Richardson's trade is good in the short and long term; the Colts obviously want to use him, and use him often, given the price they paid. I also assume they think he's a good fit for what they run, etc.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:12 am 

Riding a two game winning streak and even at 2-3 the world looks much better. I've had two big scoring weeks so I am in good shape as our league's final two playoff spots are based on points scored.

I switched out Palmer for Pryor at QB and he really paid off this week for me in RGIII bye week. I have also dropped Roberts for Moreno so even though Richardson has sucked a fat one, I still have options (also with 4 starting caliber WR). I replaced Broyles for Kerley this week as well with great results.